Author Topic: Nadin schools the DUmp on automatic weapons  (Read 4529 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Nadin schools the DUmp on automatic weapons
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
Nadin is an idiot.  the Thompson submachinegun could be fired on full auto and the shooter could write his name with it.
Many years ago I actually had a chance to fire a Thompson in full automatic - legally.

And it wasn't with the Tiburon police department.

Anyone who could write his name with that thing is either a super strong brute, or just goes by the pronoun "I".

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
Civillian ARs & AKs can't be modified to fire auto with a file as she asserts.  The only way to accomplish that would be to machine a complete new reciever which is, of course the, serial numbered (regulated) part of the weapon.  Thus creating a new (illegal) weapon.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
Many years ago I actually had a chance to fire a Thompson in full automatic - legally.

Anyone who could write his name with that thing is either a super strong brute, or just goes by the pronoun "I".

So have I (in the Military, but don't ask).  The Thompson wants to climb to the shooters' left, as I recall.  It takes a bit of familiarization, but an experienced grunt can get quite good with it.  The M-1/M-1A1 does this a little more than the 1928A1 with the loss of the Cutts compensator.

Force Recon guys get access to all kinds of fun stuff.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
Civillian ARs & AKs can't be modified to fire auto with a file as she asserts.  The only way to accomplish that would be to machine a complete new reciever which is, of course the, serial numbered (regulated) part of the weapon.  Thus creating a new (illegal) weapon.

Yeah.  It takes more than a file, the stupid bitch.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »

nadinbrzezinski (113,076 posts)

I wish I did not know this shit.

Rest easy, nutcase, you don't.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 12:59:15 AM »

I never have gotten a chance to fire one, but I believe that feat is attributed to Dillinger.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2012, 03:21:31 AM »
nadinbrzezinski (113,076 posts)

Semi auto, it wasn't an automatic weapon!!!!

Expect to hear that from our gun fans.

It is true. A semi auto will fire a round every time you pull the trigger

A full auto will keep firing as long as you pull the trigger until you run out of ammo

The former is called accurate fire, because you have far more control over your gun

The latter is called suppressive fire. Keeping control with the recoil is all but easy. And it s otherwise known as spray and pray.

The argument we hear from gun fans is that these are not assault weapons.

Well, the Sturmweber '44 (assault rife) is the grand daddy to the Bushmaster and other riffles derived from the M-16, and the dad to the AK-47. The Germans classified them as assault riffles. They had two modes of fire, semi automatic, like the M-1 Garand, and the revolutionary automatic mode, making it essentially a small machine gun. Soldiers were instructed, like they are today, to keep to semi auto, unless they are in an emergency. This s at the hear of fire discipline.

So now I will get some tell me, you are afraid of how the gun looks! Pure canard, and sorry, but you really do not need anything like this (the Bushmaster is very popular with hunters) to go after deer. If you do, single shot and short magazines should do the job.

So you want to keep your bushmaster, and the rest of the AR -15 family, sure...have them all be single shot. The same goes for the rest of them.

For the record, the Bushmaster is not more scary than the M-1. In fact, the M-1 will have a longer range and penetration power...in a shoot out...well let's put it this way, unfortunately learn how to take cover, because sadly this is not over.

I read the below article about the Sturmgewehr 44 on Monday:

link to Yahoo/ABC article

I nadined it and this wiki article showed up:

link to wiki article

Among other things, the wiki article contains the line: as the German manual states that automatic fire was "advised only in emergencies"

Near the end of the wiki article the M1 (with a link) is mentioned. Also the M16 (also with a link) is mentioned. The article for the M16 naturally mentions the AR-15.

For some reason I have the feeling that nadin did just exactly as I did. She read the article on Monday and then nadined it. The difference between us being that when I finished reading I thought that it was some interesting information and when she finished reading she thought that she was now an expert on every weapon mentioned in the articles and couldn't wait for the opportunity to lord her new 'knowledge' over the DUmmie masses.

Another way that we are different is that unlike her I do entertain the possibility that I am wrong about some or all of the above.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:23:53 AM by ChuckJ »
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 04:50:12 AM »

The fat, bald headed midget posts an old anti gunners internet tale and DUmmies, being what they are, don't know any better. She should have posted a How-to link to a youtube showing the process.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 05:17:05 AM »

That is great detective work.

It all sounds like near-plagiarism to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 06:11:32 AM »

That is great detective work.

It all sounds like near-plagiarism to me.

Yeah.

I searched google using different parts of her screed trying to find where she got it. It appears to be a compilation of several different articles, with minor changes.

It was this part that convinced me that she stole it:

Well, the Sturmweber '44 (assault rife) is the grand daddy to the Bushmaster and other riffles derived from the M-16, and the dad to the AK-47. The Germans classified them as assault riffles. They had two modes of fire, semi automatic, like the M-1 Garand, and the revolutionary automatic mode, making it essentially a small machine gun. Soldiers were instructed, like they are today, to keep to semi auto, unless they are in an emergency.

After reading her posting over the years, there is no way she could come up with something this technical, precise and coherent. Also, this is the only place where "Rifle" is spelled correctly.

Skimmer needs to act on this. After all, he did TS Mrs Dawson for taking credit for someone else's work.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 06:29:17 AM »
So have I (in the Military, but don't ask).  The Thompson wants to climb to the shooters' left, as I recall.  It takes a bit of familiarization, but an experienced grunt can get quite good with it.  The M-1/M-1A1 does this a little more than the 1928A1 with the loss of the Cutts compensator.

Force Recon guys get access to all kinds of fun stuff.
The M1A1 was my carry weapon in Nam. Technique and famiarization was the key.
It takes time, but, what can be done with it are amazing for a full auto.
I'll try to stick a photo in here.

Should add.  I did get a chance to fire a 28A1 after returning. That sucker was sweet, and you are definately right.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 07:43:49 AM »
Is this a Sturmweber do you think?

Gotta be.

At least the guy is wearing his reflective safety belt while BBQing delicious meat...mmmmm.

Oh, and nads?  STFU already.  I'll throw a few things your way--have you ever HELD a Thompson, Garand, M-14, M-16, or M-4?  I've held them, AND fired all of them.  Granted, I didn't get to fire a Garand until well after boot camp because the ones they gave us there had lead-filled barrels and were basically used for drill and punishment--hold the rifle steady straight out in front of you at chest level for about 5 minutes and you'll understand, nads.

I won't even bother to waste my time trying to explain to you why the Garand was eventually replaced with the M-14, which was then replaced with the M-16, then the M-16A2, and the M-4, etc., etc., etc...I know, most of the vets here know, and that's enough.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »
Something else for Gnad to tell the DUmmies and show how smart she is.

The changes from the M-16 to the M-16A1, my issue weapon, was the forward bolt assist. Every swinging dick shot right handed until the brass deflector was added in a later M16A2 design change.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »
At least the guy is wearing his reflective safety belt while BBQing delicious meat...mmmmm.

Just out of idle curiosity, and I don't want to hijack this thread, but what is the purpose of a "reflective safety belt"?

I see them around here a great deal, and always mean to inquire of someone in real life, but the opportunity never comes up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 08:10:18 AM »
Just out of idle curiosity, and I don't want to hijack this thread, but what is the purpose of a "reflective safety belt"?

I see them around here a great deal, and always mean to inquire of someone in real life, but the opportunity never comes up.

Coach--TRG could explain far better than I, since I haven't been to the 'Stan, but apparently the folks deployed there to the FOB (Forward Operating Bases) make great issue of wearing them, and senior enlisted folks (like CSM's) feel that they are the guardians of enforcement of the safety belt, as if they had nothing better to do.

IOW, it's another case where Big Military (pick your branch) assumes people who are responsible for millions of dollars worth of equipment and the lives of many people simply can't be trusted to walk from Point A to Point B in the dark without getting run over.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »
Skidmark knows better. He's jerking her chain.  :lmao:I carried and used an M-16. No letters or numbers after the 16. Never had a malfunction.Seems I remember the problem being residue fouling of the carrier guide gas port on the bolt carrier group.
For the DUmpmonkeys, the gas port is where gas from the gas tube would push it back, thus activating ejection.
Your wish was granted a long time ago.
You really don't know shit.

The actual problem was build-up of residue causing parts to stick enough to short-cycle, resulting in either an empty chamber or a stovepipe jam, in extreme cases even cases stuck in the chamber or the carrier key stuck on the end of the gas line...due to the weapon being designed for a particular very clean powder and Army Ordnance deciding in its wisdom to switch to something much dirtier but either cheaper or more available, I forget which off-hand.  Unfortunately all the maintenance training and supplies were based on the as-designed weapon's ammo, the whole thing was a pooch the Army itself screwed and no fault of Colt or Stoner's design. 

The mods from M16 to M16A1 were pretty minor, the most obvious being that the forward assist was added and the three-prong flash suppressor was replaced with the slightly-less-sexy but easier-to-push-through-brush birdcage design.

It's certainly possible to modify almost any semiauto to shoot full auto without making a new receiver, it sure isn't easy, though, and it sure as Hell is not a matter of just dropping in some milsurp parts.  Spatial relationships of the fire control group and other parts are different in civilian models of common Evil Black Rifles, as are some of the other parts with which they interact, including the receivers, precisely to prevent anyone from making such conversions.  It's possible to modify them, but it involves a well-equipped machine shop and someone who knows exactly what they're doing who will knowingly break laws that have quite stiff penalties.

Semiautos all involve some variant of a disconnector, a type of escapement movement, which may be separate or integrated in the sear mechanics as in the M1 Carbine or FAL, that (In a weapon with a hammer, for instance) catches the hammer in recoil and won't release it to the primary sear until the trigger is released.  Disabling this mechanism will result in a one-shot jam-o-matic since if the hammer just cycles with the bolt, it will follow it down into battery without striking the firing pin a distinct blow; full-auto mechanisms allow the bolt to go into battery and then trip the full-auto sear, allowing the hammer to soundly strike the firing pin and go into repetitive firing cycles until the trigger is released.

Full-auto fire can be very controllable, but a waste of ammunition at medium and long range except to engage an area target.  It's a function of the round, the weight of the weapon, the cyclic rate, and of course the shooter, both physically and in a training sense.  The beautiful Thompson, despite the elaborate sights on the 1921 model especially and heavy weight, is not one of the better performers on this, as the heavy recoil and relatively high cyclic make it very difficult for most shooters to keep it on target; the equally-heavy but much stubbier, uglier, and much more primitive M3/M3A1 Grease Gun on the other hand is highly controllable and performs very well in full-auto (Its only mode) with the same round due to a lower cyclic rate.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:25 AM »
The actual problem was build-up of residue causing parts to stick enough to short-cycle, resulting in either an empty chamber or a stovepipe jam, in extreme cases even cases stuck in the chamber or the carrier key stuck on the end of the gas line...due to the weapon being designed for a particular very clean powder and Army Ordnance deciding in its wisdom to switch to something much dirtier but either cheaper or more available, I forget which off-hand.  Unfortunately all the maintenance training and supplies were based on the as-designed weapon's ammo, the whole thing was a pooch the Army itself screwed and no fault of Colt or Stoner's design. 

The mods from M16 to M16A1 were pretty minor, the most obvious being that the forward assist was added and the three-prong flash suppressor was replaced with the slightly-less-sexy but easier-to-push-through-brush birdcage design.

It's certainly possible to modify almost any semiauto to shoot full auto without making a new receiver, it sure isn't easy, though, and it sure as Hell is not a matter of just dropping in some milsurp parts.  Spatial relationships of the fire control group and other parts are different in civilian models of common Evil Black Rifles, as are some of the other parts with which they interact, including the receivers, precisely to prevent anyone from making such conversions.  It's possible to modify them, but it involves a well-equipped machine shop and someone who knows exactly what they're doing who will knowingly break laws that have quite stiff penalties.

Semiautos all involve some variant of a disconnector, a type of escapement movement, which may be separate or integrated in the sear mechanics as in the M1 Carbine or FAL, that (In a weapon with a hammer, for instance) catches the hammer in recoil and won't release it to the primary sear until the trigger is released.  Disabling this mechanism will result in a one-shot jam-o-matic since if the hammer just cycles with the bolt, it will follow it down into battery without striking the firing pin a distinct blow; full-auto mechanisms allow the bolt to go into battery and then trip the full-auto sear, allowing the hammer to soundly strike the firing pin and go into repetitive firing cycles until the trigger is released.

Full-auto fire can be very controllable, but a waste of ammunition at medium and long range except to engage an area target.  It's a function of the round, the weight of the weapon, the cyclic rate, and of course the shooter, both physically and in a training sense.  The beautiful Thompson, despite the elaborate sights on the 1921 model especially and heavy weight, is not one of the better performers on this, as the heavy recoil and relatively high cyclic make it very difficult for most shooters to keep it on target; the equally-heavy but much stubbier, uglier, and much more primitive M3/M3A1 Grease Gun on the other hand is highly controllable and performs very well in full-auto (Its only mode) with the same round due to a lower cyclic rate.
I believe the powder in question was a ball type. Newer ammo went to stick, and the problem diminished.
After firing literally thousands of rounds through a Thompson, I disagree a bit on your assessment about it.
I also had an M-3 (not the A1 version). Didn't care for it at all.

For those unfamiliar with the three prong suppressor, it was changed because it had a nasty habit of snagging twigs and branches.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »
I believe the powder in question was a ball type. Newer ammo went to stick, and the problem diminished.

I remember when I was a kid, my dad bought a pound of Ball Type C to try in reloading for his deer rifle.

To get equal velocity it generated high pressure, and was filthy burning, leaving lots of little yellow pellets in the action.

He went back to IMR3031, and I still use it today.

I guess ball powder was great for automated ammunition manufacture, but it sure was dirty burning.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 11:50:23 AM »
And that reminds me.

The DUmpmonkeys are obsessed with automatic weapons, with no idea what that means.

In the 80 years or so since the repeal of Prohibition, has even one person been killed by a fully automatic weapon in America?

I don't think I've heard of one, unless it might be one of those cases where an Army muzzie opened fire on fellow soldiers.

Maybe some 0bamaite cocaine dealers have used such weapons on each other? And why would anyone want to discourage that?

Offline Tucker

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
I remember when I was a kid, my dad bought a pound of Ball Type C to try in reloading for his deer rifle.

To get equal velocity it generated high pressure, and was filthy burning, leaving lots of little yellow pellets in the action.

He went back to IMR3031, and I still use it today.

I guess ball powder was great for automated ammunition manufacture, but it sure was dirty burning.

Ball powder meters so great though. Very little deviation between charges.

My primary powder is a flake powder and there can be +/- .2 grains deviation from the powder drop. When you're loading upper end, it gets hairy. When you have to pound the cases out, you're max or close to it. Back off .2 and you're good to go.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »

I also had an M-3 (not the A1 version). Didn't care for it at all.

The only difference is the cocking rocker on the WW2 version, which was dispensd with in favor of the finger hole in the bolt for cocking in the A1.  Everything not affected by the change in cocking mechanism is interchangeable.  Love the M3A1 myself...compact, powerful, and extremely simple and reliable.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2012, 04:22:28 PM »
Response to Whovian (Reply #15)
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
 Robb (36,094 posts)
18. DU has an expert on everything.

Sometimes it's the same person. 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 06:05:53 PM »
The only difference is the cocking rocker on the WW2 version, which was dispensd with in favor of the finger hole in the bolt for cocking in the A1.  Everything not affected by the change in cocking mechanism is interchangeable.  Love the M3A1 myself...compact, powerful, and extremely simple and reliable.

When I was a Brave Rifle, we had a mechanic who was the TC on an M-88 who absolutely loved the M3-A1, and that was all he would take for an issue weapon.  The SMO tried to get him to take an M16-A2 a couple of times, but he said, "No, sir."  The HHT CO was alright with it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
It's bad, very bad.

I'm researching the oblate spheroid for the Top DUmmie awards, and every time I think she's fallen to a new low of stupidity, damn it, she gets even more stupid.

I can't believe it.

:lmao: When Coach can't believe it...it's bad.  :rotf: Dammit, it's bad.

So nadin, you'd rather be down range of an auto instead of a semi-auto. Get down range of this:

I say this because I think a MAC-10 or something like that would just make you angry.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Ok so she would rather be in front of a full auto weapon then a semi automatic one. Let me know how that works out for Gnads when someone lets loose with an XM-134 mini gun.

Hadn't even thought of that. I wonder if she's an expert on how to take a cyborg out.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbL4PwTDsQ[/youtube]

For the record, I wouldn't want to be anywhere down range of that blooker either!

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!