Author Topic: Obama just canceled upcoming campaign events  (Read 3000 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Obama just canceled upcoming campaign events
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
Do they still work with infectious diseases there?

AFAIK.  I know that the CDC is trying to transfer the Level 4 lab to a new facility in Manhattan KS.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 05:26:02 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021648546

Too bad he couldn't cancel a campaign event in order to monitor the situation in Libya. So I'm not impressed DUmmies.

Unless terrorists are attacking then he cares more about going to bed and resting for a fundraiser the next day.

:whatever:

I think most people are wise to this ploy of canceling his campaign events. He knows he is in deep shit, and he only has a few remaining
days in the W.H..   

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
I think most people are wise to this ploy of canceling his campaign events. He knows he is in deep shit, and he only has a few remaining days in the W.H.

I'm concerned Barack Milhous is going to use this as an excuse to request a delay of the national elections.

Something that's never been done before, not even in times of war.

There's been plenty of election days in American history where the Great Plains states were buried under mountains of cold blowing snow, and it was life-threatening to dare step outside.  Were the elections postponed then?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »
I'm concerned Barack Milhous is going to use this as an excuse to request a delay of the national elections.

Something that's never been done before, not even in times of war.

There's been plenty of election days in American history where the Great Plains states were buried under mountains of cold blowing snow, and it was life-threatening to dare step outside.  Were the elections postponed then?

I think your fears are founded. He knows his ass is mud, and this is just the excuse he needed to postpone the election.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:51 AM »
I think your fears are founded. He knows his ass is mud, and this is just the excuse he needed to postpone the election.

There's word that the storm is going to be the excuse to delay the jobs report due out Friday.  Methinks it sucks for the Obamessiah.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »
obama can't change the election day - Only the states can do that....And it has to be agreed by every state in the country, as by law, they would have to change their election day also.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
obama can't change the election day - Only the states can do that....And it has to be agreed by every state in the country, as by law, they would have to change their election day also.

Yeah, good luck convincing Texas or Alaska to switch...