Author Topic: DUmmie inadvertently has good idea.  (Read 329 times)

Offline thundley4

DUmmie inadvertently has good idea.
« on: September 19, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »
Rmoney's new campaign motto "No Representation Without Taxation"

Think about it...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021377407

unblock (22,402 posts)
1. worse -- no representation without income taxation.

virtually everyone pays taxes of some sort.
sales tax, if nothing else, nevermind payroll taxes and so on.

Blue Meany (1,301 posts)
2. Yup, and he's the tax collector. They used to just call it pay to play.

I don't see what the problem is.   If you don't risk anything, why share in the rewards?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: DUmmie inadvertently has good idea.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
Word.  Just like don't bitch unless you voted.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jukin

Re: DUmmie inadvertently has good idea.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »
Payroll taxes are an investment in your retirement (Social Security) and health insurance (medicare). Remember the democrats are guarding the SS lock box, so you KNOW it is safe.  The medicare is just as safe because Obama could have taken ONE TRILLION DOLLARS out of it and he only stole $750 billion.

So those payroll taxes are not really taxes but a savings account for your retirement.

The only taxes that the 47% pay are sales, local taxes on utilities, and gasoline taxes. Except for the federal gas tax all of those taxes do NOT go back to the federal government but to the state, county, and city. Now the federal gas tax is SUPPOSED to be only used for road maintenance and new building of federal highways. So in reality those 47% pay nothing to the general fund of the USA and I think should not have a vote in the people that control the federal government. I have no problem with them voting in state, county, and city elections as they do have some bare minimum of contribution to those organizations. If you do not own stock in GE, do you get to vote for the board of directors? No. Same thing should apply to the federal government.

I'm not even going to go into the NET money flow and how one should be allowed to vote.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.