Author Topic: Coming train wreck- They want to cancel their healthcare until needed  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Re: Coming train wreck- They want to cancel their healthcare until needed
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »
This is going to grow into a giant cluster**** that will eclipse welfare in the total amount attributed to fraud.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »
This is a post from another board that points to what we are in for.

It would be one thing if it were a popular reform.  It is not.  The people who might  like or love the Affordable Care Act already do. If someone has not made up their mind up at this point, they never will.   On the other hand, the opposition to this law will flare up.  The goodies have already been handed out, such as pre-existing medical conditions being covered and keeping a kid on until they are 26.  Those and other relatively small things come before the Fish Oil was administered.  A free annual medical exam under Medicare will not be of much value if almost no doctor outside of a ghetto clinic will take it.  With the expected demise of Medicare Advantage, one is stuck with whatever overpriced plan AARP or some other cares to offer.  The elderly and handicapped will often find themselves too well off for Medicaid, while still being too poor to afford a necessary Medicare supplement.  Even under President Obama's plan when it is fully rolled out, you would have to make less than $15k annually as an individual.   to qualify for enhanced Medicaid.  Assuming that the minimum wage is around $9.50 an hour by then, you would be making $19,760 a year if you worked full time.  Also, do not think that the employer will pick up the tab for your healthcare.  The maximum $2k penalty an employer would have to pay would be far cheaper than furnishing the coverage to an employee.  In essence, it is an employment tax that furnishes not direct benefit to the employee.  The cheapest self-insurance thatt would be legal in 2014 to offer would run you $500 a month today.  I foresee more automation, outsourcing, and the increased use of part-time workers in the future.  It would have actually been less of a mess if they had gone with a Single Payer scheme.  As it stands, you get the worst of all worlds.  

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
Orthodontic work has a 24 month wait on most dental plans. Signing up at the last minute to get your kid braces isn't going to work, DUmmies.
I don't think BarryCare covers teefs.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
This is a post from another board that points to what we are in for.

Well....there's your problem!!!

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 05:03:18 PM »
A free annual medical exam under Medicare will not be of much value if almost no doctor outside of a ghetto clinic will take it.

My free wellness exam only cost 100.00 for lab fee's to cover the blood work from an outside clinic plus an additional 80.00 to the Dr.

My Dr. closed his in house lab earlier this year.

He doesn't accept any medicaid patients.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
My free wellness exam only cost 100.00 for lab fee's to cover the blood work from an outside clinic plus an additional 80.00 to the Dr.

My Dr. closed his in house lab earlier this year.

He doesn't accept any medicaid patients.

I tried to switch over to my wife's doc.  We're both on Medicare/Tricare.  He gave me an appointment 1yr, 8 mo. out.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »
You're so vain....etc.  (don't remember the rest of the song)

I found an acoustic version that sounds pretty good--from 2009 . . .

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzv8Nkcgks[/youtube]
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »
I don't think BarryCare covers teefs.

Den how in da hizzy ama gonna get me a Trayvon grill, yo ?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 04:57:29 AM »
I'm going to be arrogant for a moment, I think Beg and I have a fan, B2G looks like the name Beg but also the BG are my screen-name initials :lmao:

I believe you are right.

B2B looks like BEG, and Ballygirl=B G.

Plus, there are 2 of you.  That means B2G=BEG+Ballygirl!

Gee, math is easy!   :lmao:  :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 05:17:08 AM »
I believe you are right.

YAY for potaonomics !!!1!!!   :lmao:

Every time I see the handle B2G, I immediately think of the song Back 2 Good by Matchbox Twenty.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 05:24:03 AM »
It's amazing... the Democrats and Obama passed a law and nobody has any idea what it actually does.

What a ******* mess.

That's because the DUmmies heard free and stopped right there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 05:49:16 AM »
DUmbasses don't realize that 'can't be denied for preexisting conditions' doesn't mean 'can't be automatically billed at top tier rates for preexisting condition' or that one 'must carry insurance for X months before full coverage of preexisting condition kicks in'

It also doesn't mean 'must carry ins for X months unless a qualifying event occurs, else pay a penalty for early opt-out' doesn't apply either.

Nor does it mean you can grab insurance outside of open season " just because ".

BTW primitives. I live in Massachusetts, the land of "Romneycare". I know exactly what I'm talking about here.

MA does not have the mandate where pre-existing conditions are covered if you have a lapse in insurance.   

Offline dixierose

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »
Questions:

1 - How does the penalty apply if you only have insurance for part of a year or most of a year? will it be pro-rated?

2 - How do we prove we do/don't have insurance. Will they have a national database with names of people on insurance rolls? Will we have to send a copy of our insurance cards?

3 - My son is 21; but pays his own income taxes, and he does not have insurance (he CAN get it where he works, but chooses not to). I can't afford the family plan on my insurance. So which of us will get penalized on our taxes since he is under the 26 year old threshold?

Thanks
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
Questions:

1 - How does the penalty apply if you only have insurance for part of a year or most of a year? will it be pro-rated?

2 - How do we prove we do/don't have insurance. Will they have a national database with names of people on insurance rolls? Will we have to send a copy of our insurance cards?

3 - My son is 21; but pays his own income taxes, and he does not have insurance (he CAN get it where he works, but chooses not to). I can't afford the family plan on my insurance. So which of us will get penalized on our taxes since he is under the 26 year old threshold?

Thanks

1. Yes

2. Yes & yes

3. If both of you have money both of you will be penalized.  You must understand, your paying for your son's ins. is a great benefit.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
1. Yes

2. Yes & yes

3. If both of you have money both of you will be penalized.  You must understand, your paying for your son's ins. is a great benefit.

Thanks for those answers. My son has only been to the doctor once in the past three years. He's only been sick enough to call in from work ONE day in the last two years. Right now it's cheaper to spring for a doctor's visit than to pay insurance all year. I also realize I'm taking a chance that something major won't happen to him...I'm praying it doesn't. He's never had a broken bone (neither have I, for that matter).
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »
Thanks for those answers. My son has only been to the doctor once in the past three years. He's only been sick enough to call in from work ONE day in the last two years. Right now it's cheaper to spring for a doctor's visit than to pay insurance all year. I also realize I'm taking a chance that something major won't happen to him...I'm praying it doesn't. He's never had a broken bone (neither have I, for that matter).

Your family sounds atypical.  Many other folks are more than unhappy ABM is attaching their parasite kids to their insurance policy.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »
Your family sounds atypical.  Many other folks are more than unhappy ABM is attaching their parasite kids to their insurance policy.

It's not fair, I couldn't be on my parents insurance when I was 25 and going to school, I am owed a year of insurance on my parents dime now.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »

I know...but it's not mandatory...right? I think that if my 21 year old has a job that offers insurance HE should be responsible for it. And I was on my own at 18...no longer living under my parents' roof. Does coverage until 26 still apply if the child is no longer a dependent?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »
I know...but it's not mandatory...right? I think that if my 21 year old has a job that offers insurance HE should be responsible for it. And I was on my own at 18...no longer living under my parents' roof. Does coverage until 26 still apply if the child is no longer a dependent?

It should be easy to find it's not like the bill is over 2000 pages.  :-)

That's what really stinks about this bill, no one knows for sure, it was passed and we still don't know what's in it.  :banghead:

My guess is you putting him on is optional so he would face the penalty non tax, tax.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 11:14:39 AM »

If he has his own coverage, I doubt it would be a problem.  My answers were pretty much in jest.  But, remember what Will Rodgers said. "Any time Congress makes a joke it's a law & any time they make a law it's a joke."

Offline dixierose

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »
I just thought of another one. What if you have a dependent under 26 that has a child? Will the "dependent" or the grandparent be responsible for the baby's insurance?

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »
I just thought of another one. What if you have a dependent under 26 that has a child? Will the "dependent" or the grandparent be responsible for the baby's insurance?

Refer to page 1846 of the bill. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
I believe you are right.

:lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline dixierose

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
Refer to page 1846 of the bill. 

:-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »

You have insurance not because of the low co-pays, you have insurance in case of catastrophic illness. It was burned into my head at a young age to make sure I have insurance. Your son needs to realize he's not immune from illness, we've seen a kid at 22 who had a massive stroke, a young girl of 17 with ovarian cancer, and a 14 year old girl with a malignant brain tumor, and so on.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats