Author Topic: Avengers sets box-office record; Dummies diss America  (Read 3033 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Avengers sets box-office record; Dummies diss America
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 02:05:40 AM »
So I suppose when the first iconic comic book superhero comes out of the closet DUmmies will just say "ho hum, who cares" because comic books are the lowest form of entertainment.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 04:47:13 AM »
So I suppose when the first iconic comic book superhero comes out of the closet DUmmies will just say "ho hum, who cares" because comic books are the lowest form of entertainment.

Cindie

I really hope that never happens....

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 04:14:23 PM »
I really hope that never happens....

It's already been announced. Speculation among comic afficiandos is that it will be Sazaam or Green Lantern. Supposedly they might even have a gay marriage. But Batwoman came out of the closet a long time ago. I didn't know that until the dust up about this male character.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »
It's already been announced. Speculation among comic afficiandos is that it will be Sazaam or Green Lantern. Supposedly they might even have a gay marriage. But Batwoman came out of the closet a long time ago. I didn't know that until the dust up about this male character.

Cindie

I never would have guessed Sazaam ( they do not call him Captian Marvel any more for pain in the ass copywrite reasons ) but I have a feeling it will be Wonder Woman.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 08:50:26 AM »
Just saw it with my gorgeous gal yesterday. Enjoyed myself immensely (the movie was very good, too).

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »
The big T is an ambitions choice for a second villain. Thanos doesn't play small ball--puny things like world domination. He doesn't even fit the trope of omnicidal maniac, because he isn't a maniac (I don't consider him maniacal since he can actually accomplish what he wants, and anyway, Thanos is no preening godling like Loki.). Although they'll probably take the omnicide route for him.

I was wondering if the whole first movie won't be revealed to have been a feint by Thanos...somehow, without Loki's knowing, he manipulated Loki into meeting up with the Chitauri. The fact that the head Chitauri was kneeling to him directly means that Thanos had the Chitauri directly sewn up as servants while this was going on. I mean, it wasn't as if the head Chitauri was meeting him for the first time. He was making a report. Thanos would figure he'd win either way this goes--he wins by taking out potential enemies if Loki and the Chitauri had somehow won (after which he'd have probably killed Loki, and he could).

Or, if he "loses," as happened, he knows that much more about his enemies from a distance, has lost nothing more than some easily replaced pawns, and is still rid of Loki possibly making any kind of future nuisance of himself.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »
^Sun Tzu ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.