Author Topic: Someone thew a brick off an over pass and busted my windshield!  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: Someone thew a brick off an over pass and busted my windshield!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
Maybe they thought you were Will Pitt.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x948075

Maybe they thought he was a rich person so they were just doing the eat the rich thing.

From the picture it looks like a fairly nice car, shouldn't you want us to take the car from him?

Where's Chef Boyardee when you need him? :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 09:30:21 PM »
oooh, burn!! :fuelfire:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 10:07:08 PM »
I live in the land of eco-moonbat-fascist. Smart cars, the Pious, and Volts (I've seen four different ones), this is what I drive and laugh at the little shiny metal boxes. The good part is this car is way more eco-freindly than anything new, much less with a battery as the prime mover.

First year of the 472/375HP. No catalytic converter and can still get 15 around town (unless I put my foot into it, which I do) and 22 on the highway at 70MPH. This land yacht weighs about the same as those Asian boxes, 3800 lbs.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 10:10:15 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »
I don't understand all the hate here for small cars, if people want out of the gene pool you might as well let them.

IMO the problem with things like the smart is not necessary their size, but the fact they're so damn ugly.

I've owned large trucks and tiny cars and I'm quite happy with the size of car I'm at now.

And you've got to give them credit, at least they didn't freak out and hit someone else, this very thing was a very serious problem a few years ago. Kids were chucking them at any and every car. It's still a problem with overpasses in the winter, one guy got killed when a large icicle fell and went through his windshield.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2011, 11:49:43 PM »
 :bs: No way that was caused by a brick thrown from a overpass...DUmmies lie, they lie all the time... :loser:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 11:56:50 PM »
I live in the land of eco-moonbat-fascist. Smart cars, the Pious, and Volts (I've seen four different ones), this is what I drive and laugh at the little shiny metal boxes. The good part is this car is way more eco-freindly than anything new, much less with a battery as the prime mover.

First year of the 472/375HP. No catalytic converter and can still get 15 around town (unless I put my foot into it, which I do) and 22 on the highway at 70MPH. This land yacht weighs about the same as those Asian boxes, 3800 lbs.

I had a 73 Olds 98 w/ a 455 & 375 HP. I got 10-12MPG around town (mainly because my foot was in the secondaries a LOT. What the hell, I was 19-21 at the time). When the speed limits were 55, I got 18-19 MPG on the highway. Now that I know as much about Olds engines as I do, I could easily get 22 MPG on the highway (which I did with a Olds Cutlass Wagon w/ a 350 in it).
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 12:05:14 AM »

Love the car, I so would go out with you if drove me around in it.

Offline terry

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 12:47:34 AM »
There were some kids up in Minneapolis area doing the same thing years back. One driver was seriously injured or killed, I forget which now. Of course, Minneapolis is one of the areas that helped vote in Keith Ellison & Stuart Smalley....

It's been going on in western PA for years, actually probably decades.  There have been fatalities.  It usually makes the news when it happens and it most frequently happens on I-70.  I haven't seen any stories like this in the news recently.  If it didn't actually happen to the OP maybe it's one of those "ripped from the headlines" stories.  :-)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:02 AM »
What kids have done around here, and still do is take a piece of a spark plug ceramic and either toss it off an overpass or tie it to a thread and let it dangle. AFAIK nobody has been caught yet, as there is never any witnesses because the ceramic is so small it can be flicked like a booger at passing cars.

Nearly every year there are stories about how 'my windshield just exploded' and nobody saw anything.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 08:28:41 AM »
You think that's hideous?  Have you seen the Nissan Juke?  It would have been appropriate to name it the Puke.  There were a lot of designers high on something when they created that hot mess.

Seem 'em.  The local Nissan dealer has 3 of them on the lot.

What the hell is with that driver's side rear window?  It wraps around from the rear corner to halfway across the rear hatch.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »
Seem 'em.  The local Nissan dealer has 3 of them on the lot.

What the hell is with that driver's side rear window?  It wraps around from the rear corner to halfway across the rear hatch.

Structural integrity for the passenger compartment, best I can tell. AKA not a good plan.  :whatever:

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 08:44:13 AM »
Structural integrity for the passenger compartment, best I can tell. AKA not a good plan.  :whatever:

Good luck replacing that one at a glass shop if it ever cracks.   :rotf:

"Available Only Through Your Dealer", imported from Japan, at half the cost of the vechicle.   :rotf:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:46:37 AM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:06 AM »
If the Scion xB didn't exist, they would all be driving PT Cruisers.  Cat-people and DUmmies seem to gravitate toward smug-looking repellent little cars.
I take my cat to the vet in a lifted Jeep on 38" tires. :p
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline jukin

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 10:08:52 AM »

Well, thank you BEG. I would drive you around anytime.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »
I take my cat to the vet in a lifted Jeep on 38" tires. :p

I buried my two cats that the BASTARDs killed about 10 feet from where I park my Jeep. It doesn't have 38" tires, but it is four-wheel drive though.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 08:34:29 AM »
If the Scion xB didn't exist, they would all be driving PT Cruisers.  Cat-people and DUmmies seem to gravitate toward smug-looking repellent little cars.

:o

I drive a PT Cruiser...

BITCHSLAP RAMPAGE!!!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »

(not a bitchslap, more like a lvu tap,  :-) )

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »
:o

I drive a PT Cruiser...

BITCHSLAP RAMPAGE!!!!!
I never would have guessed. :rotf:

Where do you hang your dreamcatcher?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »
I never would have guessed. :rotf:

Where do you hang your dreamcatcher?

Just above your mom's ass.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:16 AM »
As long as you have room for your purse, I guess that's all that matters.  They do look quite spacious inside.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 10:41:56 AM »
As long as you have room for your purse, I guess that's all that matters.  They do look quite spacious inside.

:rotf:

You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
I drive a PT Cruiser...

And people make fun of me for driving a jetta?

I drove a PT Cruiser for a while, the insurance company gave me one in December when I needed a car. I can't say I liked it.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 12:01:38 PM »
I drove a PT Cruiser for a while, the insurance company gave me one in December when I needed a car. I can't say I liked it.

owie. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Karin

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »
Compaq, I won't make fun of you for driving a Jetta.  I drive a Passat. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »

I used to drive a Jetta.  Then I got an old Jeep Cherokee.  Loved that Jeep--my wife didn't, especially the repair bills.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.