Author Topic: Someone thew a brick off an over pass and busted my windshield!  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Maybe they thought you were Will Pitt.

Bravo Zulu  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Apr-23-11 04:59 PM
Original message
Someone thew a brick off an over pass and busted my windshield!

Pennsylvania,I-79 north before Ruff creek exit, called 911 and made report to the troopers.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x948075

juajen  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Apr-23-11 05:01 PM
Original message
Just mean. Why do people do things like this? I just don't understand it. NT

Maybe they thought he was a rich person so they were just doing the eat the rich thing.

ZombieHorde  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Apr-23-11 05:15 PM
Response to Original message
15. ****ing lame. They should be throwing bricks at Wall Street. nt

Taverner  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Apr-23-11 05:58 PM
32. WHAT THE ****??? You could have died!

You are incredibly lucky, and I am thankful you are here to tell us this story

Stay safe :hug:

From the picture it looks like a fairly nice car, shouldn't you want us to take the car from him?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Someone thew a brick off an over pass and busted my windshield!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
Maybe it was a liberal protesting the GOP.  Truth to power!

Yeah, that windshield is pretty busted.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »
Looks like a Scion xB - re-imaged, overpriced Toyota sold to hipsters who think they live in Japan. At least it isn't one of the limited editions which come in ridiculously loud colors and often are equipped with even more ridiculous audio systems.   

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »
Looks like a Scion xB - re-imaged, overpriced Toyota sold to hipsters who think they live in Japan. At least it isn't one of the limited editions which come in ridiculously loud colors and often are equipped with even more ridiculous audio systems.   

They have to go be one of ugliest cars ever created.  I've always wondered what kind of idiot would buy one and now I know.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »
ZombieHorde   (1000+ posts)           Sat Apr-23-11 05:15 PM
15. ****ing lame. They should be throwing bricks at Wall Street.

dems_rightnow (1000+ posts)           Sat Apr-23-11 05:19 PM
Response to Reply #15
16. Thanks for being the first to throw political spin at a non-political situation. 

Trajan (1000+ posts)           Sat Apr-23-11 05:25 PM
Response to Reply #16
20. -1

It's a free speech thing, and very mild at that ....

The brick-thrower was just expressing himself.  No blood for oil!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 06:21:02 PM »
The brick-thrower was just expressing himself.  No blood for oil!

Troof to power!!!!!11111
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »
reggie the dog (1000+ posts)           Sat Apr-23-11 05:24 PM
19. In Greece they throw bricks through bank windows and the windows of parliament, in the usa people throw them at other folks trying to go to work.

I guess that makes brick throwing okay.  It's not like there are people in those banks and parliament buildings.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
That's one of those little square go-karts. What was the DUmmy thinking, driving that little POS on an interstate highway.
It has actually come to pass:
Then one day on the interstate
They suddenly lose control
They swerve to miss a baby duck
They're squashed beneath a produce truck

But they drove with pride...

And as the crowds drive past a little flat car
You know they saved a lot of gas
But they didnt get far
In a Yugo

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »
Bush's fault.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
If the Scion xB didn't exist, they would all be driving PT Cruisers.  Cat-people and DUmmies seem to gravitate toward smug-looking repellent little cars.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:38 PM »
If the Scion xB didn't exist, they would all be driving PT Cruisers.  Cat-people and DUmmies seem to gravitate toward smug-looking repellent little cars.
Especially since they can't afford Volvos anymore.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 07:10:23 PM »
Good news, the Volvo 240 is slowly disappearing off the face of the Earth.  I owned one for a short period and hated it so much I sold it for scrap.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/03/the-northern-california-volvo-240calypse-continues/

The previous model, the 160, is not a bad-looking little car.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:20:09 PM by chris_ »

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »
Were there any bushes on the overpass? If so someone may have jumped out them and made the toss.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
Were there any bushes on the overpass? If so someone may have jumped out them and made the toss.

Only if he was in uniform, complete with badge, gun, and handcuffs.   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »

Id be more inclined to think they would all pile into a Honda Fit - or a Smartcar. The desk I'm sitting behind now is bigger than a Smartcar. Honestly, who the hell other than a total self-absorbed enviroweenie moonbat would drive down a highway in a car small enough for you and one other person to flip onto its roof in about 90 seconds ?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
The Fit is not as small as you'd think and about twice the size of a Smart Car.  My co-worker has one and it's very roomy and spacious, enough to fit half a dozen computers and monitors in.

He bought his with a 5-speed so I'll give him some credit for that even if there is still dog hair left on the extra chair in my office.

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
First that was no brick. Maybe a 1-11/2 inch diameter rock. No damage other than the window and even then not through the window? No way. Glad to hear the DUmmy didn't freak and crash. However, a brick from 20 feet and a car at 65MPH is a shit load of kinetic energy/momentum and would have caused enough damage to plow right through the front window and through the rear taking everything with it.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
First that was no brick. Maybe a 1-11/2 inch diameter rock. No damage other than the window and even then not through the window? No way. Glad to hear the DUmmy didn't freak and crash. However, a brick from 20 feet and a car at 65MPH is a shit load of kinetic energy/momentum and would have caused enough damage to plow right through the front window and through the rear taking everything with it.

There you go ruining another mildly amusing DUmbshit bullshit session with facts.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »
There were some kids up in Minneapolis area doing the same thing years back. One driver was seriously injured or killed, I forget which now. Of course, Minneapolis is one of the areas that helped vote in Keith Ellison & Stuart Smalley....
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
That's a box on wheels.  Scion xB.  Not really a nice car.  Maybe they were playing shape matcher?

Stupid teabaggers.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »
:rofl:

I got stuck behind the new Kia box-mobile.  God, what a hideous vehicle.  Ugly, ugly, ugly.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »
:rofl:

I got stuck behind the new Kia box-mobile.  God, what a hideous vehicle.  Ugly, ugly, ugly.

You think that's hideous?  Have you seen the Nissan Juke?  It would have been appropriate to name it the Puke.  There were a lot of designers high on something when they created that hot mess.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
I guess I'm lucky, I haven't seen a Juke in traffic.  They must not be popular around here.

The Nissan cube is a ridiculous little piece of shit.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:19 PM »
I guess I'm lucky, I haven't seen a Juke in traffic.  They must not be popular around here.

I have seen three so far in Las Vegas.  I just want to know who thought that was a good idea.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 09:22:56 PM »
Id be more inclined to think they would all pile into a Honda Fit - or a Smartcar. The desk I'm sitting behind now is bigger than a Smartcar. Honestly, who the hell other than a total self-absorbed enviroweenie moonbat would drive down a highway in a car small enough for you and one other person to flip onto its roof in about 90 seconds ?
If I had to choose between a SmartCar and a Leaf or a Volt, and didn't just shoot myself first, I'd probably take the SmartCar. At least it runs on gas. The other thing it does is totally eliminate minor fender benders. With a SmartCar, every collision, no matter how small, will be a life-threatening wreck.