Author Topic: The right-wing REALLY hates the Volt.  (Read 8281 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: The right-wing REALLY hates the Volt.
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »
A little road rash would kill 'em!

Enlighten me, AR--this is a bad thing? :tongue: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
I like cars that are fast.  I like cars that immediately respond to my foot slamming the pedal to the metal.  A Volt doesn't do it for me.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
I can't pull my boat with a f'n golf cart.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
I send you some seal skin. I know a guy who's part of the hunt. I'll tell him to club a few for ya  :popcorn:

On another note I'm not very far right, I'm quite far left and I think the volt is a bad idea. It doesn't make any sense in terms of price or performance. When will they realize this?

A Prius is 20K less and is just as good as the volt for the average person, possibly better. My 9 year old Jetta is comparable with what the Prius gets for MPG, getting 46MPG on average. Why would I buy a volt then?

You know you're going to be banned from DU just as soon as they put two and two together, right?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
We don't hate the Volt, we don't want any.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »
I like cars that are fast.  I like cars that immediately respond to my foot slamming the pedal to the metal.  A Volt doesn't do it for me.
Amen.
When I press the gas pedal, I want my vehicle to get up and go.  :-)