Author Topic: The right-wing REALLY hates the Volt.  (Read 8279 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: The right-wing REALLY hates the Volt.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 10:08:04 AM »
I know that by my husband even being "allowed" to own this truck will piss off DUers.  If they had their way it wouldn't even be produced. Now all he needs are some anti-lib bumper stickers on the back window so they can make up their fake confrontations.

For DU lurkers, suck it.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
Taker an hour ago. Combo gets 6 MPG. It's my temporary home in TN. I'm leaving my wife here for the next two months. :-)

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jukin

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »
The right wing is not the only ones hating the VOLT.

Total of 981 sold but the trend is not the commie's friend.

December: 379 commiemobiles sold
January: 321 commiemobiles sold
February: 281 commiemobiles sold

However, that is a super successful government run program compared to the Nissan Leaf which has sold 173 golf carts.

Suffice it to say EZ-GO is not worried about losing any market share.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/03/01/gm-sells-281-chevy-volts-february-nissan-67-leafs/
http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/01/autos/volt_vs_leaf_sales/index.htm

From above the MSM i9s ALL IN on plugging the Obama commiemobile.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »
I'd like that in my driveway.  The only Jeeps you find around here are 30 years old and rusted out.
It belongs to DH. He does have some write ups on a few of the mods here. Just look under USMCDoc14 or Gil. If you are interested.

I can't drive the thing to Home Depot because it seems to have it's own fan club. I get back out to the parking lot and there is usually one or two guys looking at it. The looks when they see a female getting into it are priceless. :lmao:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline redkatz919

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »
 Let me get this straight? Over 30k in price, 50miles? in range. The load capacity of a wet paper bag. Where did they find 1,000 libs to buy this POS?

Offline true_blood

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
Oh, if only it were that, DUmmies.  No, the reason EVERYONE hates that POS is because it is pathetically underpowered,
^^This right here.
Thanks, DUmmies, but I like the feeling of power and torque under my foot on the gas pedal.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
Let me get this straight?   50miles? in range.
In warm weather. Much less in winter.

Offline redwhit

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »
Off-the-shelf technology could have made a better, cheaper, more reliable car than the Volt.  They weren't even TRYING on this one.

They didn't HAVE to . . .

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »
They didn't HAVE to . . .

Nope they didn't, not with all that free Bambi money rattling around.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
Let me get this straight? Over 30k in price, 50miles? in range. The load capacity of a wet paper bag. Where did they find 1,000 libs to buy this POS?

Actually it's over 40K in price, and the optimum range in E mode is 40 miles....in cold weather its more like 20 to 25.......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
I send you some seal skin. I know a guy who's part of the hunt. I'll tell him to club a few for ya  :popcorn:

On another note I'm not very far right, I'm quite far left and I think the volt is a bad idea. It doesn't make any sense in terms of price or performance. When will they realize this?

A Prius is 20K less and is just as good as the volt for the average person, possibly better. My 9 year old Jetta is comparable with what the Prius gets for MPG, getting 46MPG on average. Why would I buy a volt then?
It is a propaganda car, or, if you will, an Opaganda car.  All that matters is it makes Obama's take over of a private company look like a beneficial thing. So, the statists will never realize it because the purpose of the car is not to be a good idea or innovative, it is bare, naked power grabbing.  And granting themselves the right to take over a private company whenever the whim strikes.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 03:52:46 PM »
Actually it's over 40K in price, and the optimum range in E mode is 40 miles....in cold weather its more like 20 to 25.......

doc

People get better then that in DIY electric cars. Converted Metro's a quite a thing...

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »
Metros do more than that with the gas 3 cylinder engines in them. The biggest problem they had was the beer can syndrome in an accident. Adding a bunch of batteries isn't going to help that.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
Metros do more than that with the gas 3 cylinder engines in them. The biggest problem they had was the beer can syndrome in an accident. Adding a bunch of batteries isn't going to help that.

Sure but these people don't want to talk about the gas side of cars, a simple 100% battery powered Metro that will cost a few thousand to convert will match the 41K Volt's distance on battery alone. Sure it doesn't look as good but it only adds to the fact the Volt makes no sense at it's price.

But yah, get into a accident with one are you were screwed.

All in all for the price it's being sold at I'd expect more then what the Volt gives.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:22:47 PM by compaqxp »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »
All in all for the price it's being sold at I'd expect more then what the Volt gives.

Yeah that.

Hate?  No, we just think it's a trick to make the 1200 cc VW Beetle look like The Performance Car of Tomorrow.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »
I've got it! We'll all get together and create a car the runs on pot a funnels the smoke in the cabin, the dummies will love it.  :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
I've got it! We'll all get together and create a car the runs on pot a funnels the smoke in the cabin, the dummies will love it.  :p

I keep giving you H5's.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf:

Another H5--and if I'm on the computer in an hour, I'll give you another one.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
Like anything new the first model year is going to have some quirks to work out. When the Volt can make it around the whole 18 holes then maybe I'll think about it.
Then again, the guy down at the smart car dealership says he'll throw in a free mower deck so it's a real toss up...  ::)

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The Volt makes even less sense than the "Smart" car.  My Yaris cost less than a "Smart" car, has a very roomy back seat that fits 2 teens and a car seat, and hauling space behind that.  It gets 38 miles to the gallon, only 3 less than the "Smart" car...and it sells for $12,000.

The Volt will be used exactly as the Smart car, to be ostentatious about being green.  The only person I know that owns a Smart car is a department head at my place of work.  When she doesn't feel like driving the Smart car (which is most of the time), she drives her SUV.  For just herself.  From 45 miles away.   ::)

The Volt will be purchased by holier-that-thou greenies who will only use it when the need to be seen in it.  The rest of the time, they'll use their sports cars, SUVs...or private jets.   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »
Any car that gets over 30 mpg is a POS, but when these $40K golf carts start showing up, it will be beautiful to see the Prius wienies ridiculed as gas hogs.

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
Any car that gets over 30 mpg is a POS

I think that's a bit much...Getting over 30MPG does not make a car a POS, it's just that car companies don't know how to make a non POS 30+MPG car.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »
Any car that gets over 30 mpg is a POS, but when these $40K golf carts start showing up, it will be beautiful to see the Prius wienies ridiculed as gas hogs.

I glanced at Edmunds.com, and a stripper/base model Prius can be had for $20k.  HALF the price of a Volt.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 08:44:25 AM »
I glanced at Edmunds.com, and a stripper/base model Prius can be had for $20k.  HALF the price of a Volt.

And even that's overpriced compared to other subcompacts.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »
The EPA did have an app on their website that would let you create MPG stickers for used cars, but it looks like it's down.  I made one for my current car.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/sticker.jsp
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »
I send you some seal skin. I know a guy who's part of the hunt. I'll tell him to club a few for ya  :popcorn:

On another note I'm not very far right, I'm quite far left and I think the volt is a bad idea. It doesn't make any sense in terms of price or performance. When will they realize this?

A Prius is 20K less and is just as good as the volt for the average person, possibly better. My 9 year old Jetta is comparable with what the Prius gets for MPG, getting 46MPG on average. Why would I buy a volt then?

Naw! Say it ain't so! And here I thought we were makin' headway!

pfft.  If the left really cared about the environmental damage caused by fossil fuel fired vehicles they would all be on Harley's.  50 mpg.  Half the price of a Prius and ... you don't look like a ***** driving it.

KC

That, my friend, is sacrilegious! Hogs are made for men, not girly men! I don't think they make plastic covered seats for when these pussies pee their pants the first time they pull on the throttle!

These wimps couldn't pick one up off the kick stand! A little road rash would kill 'em!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:28:30 AM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!