Author Topic: Are you 'flexisexual'?  (Read 3921 times)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Are you 'flexisexual'?
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »
L'Oreal Feria Ruby Rush...my husband calls it 'whorehouse red'. But I'm adding black low-lights. Never done it myself before so it should be interesting.

Cindie

Oh crap Cindie!!! Have you already done it?

I picked it up by mistake, and used it a bit over a year ago. Turned my hair a burgundy/purple!!!! Cost me $125 to get it removed!!!

I went to the salon (an Aveda one) and the girl that does my haircuts, had to try to strip it all out. I had called L'Oreal and asked them what to do and they told me not to even try it myself. They thought I was calling to blame them, and I told them no, I grabbed the box, because it was the same face on the front as the one I should have grabbed...and I didn't think the color looked right when I had it on my head, but I had only used it once before and I wasn't sure.  :thatsright: I should have washed it right out, when it started changing on my head, instead of leaving it on the whole time.

L'Oreal told me the Feria colors are really hard to remove or tone down. You might want to try just a little bit that won't show too much to see if you like it. 

It took Violet several hours to get my hair looking halfway decent. They were so worried, as "stripping" can cause the hair to break. When she got it out, instead of going to white or even blonde, it was TN Volunteer orange! I was in tears!!!! She put two different colors on it, then did high and low lights. Thank God, it didn't break off, or fall out!

I have been afraid to even try the one I should have picked up. I'm using Nice n Easy's Light Natural Auburn and it's doing just fine! and doesn't fade much at all and I redo it about every 4 weeks.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
Oh crap Cindie!!! Have you already done it?

I picked it up by mistake, and used it a bit over a year ago. Turned my hair a burgundy/purple!!!! Cost me $125 to get it removed!!!

I went to the salon (an Aveda one) and the girl that does my haircuts, had to try to strip it all out. I had called L'Oreal and asked them what to do and they told me not to even try it myself. They thought I was calling to blame them, and I told them no, I grabbed the box, because it was the same face on the front as the one I should have grabbed...and I didn't think the color looked right when I had it on my head, but I had only used it once before and I wasn't sure.  :thatsright: I should have washed it right out, when it started changing on my head, instead of leaving it on the whole time.

L'Oreal told me the Feria colors are really hard to remove or tone down. You might want to try just a little bit that won't show too much to see if you like it. 

It took Violet several hours to get my hair looking halfway decent. They were so worried, as "stripping" can cause the hair to break. When she got it out, instead of going to white or even blonde, it was TN Volunteer orange! I was in tears!!!! She put two different colors on it, then did high and low lights. Thank God, it didn't break off, or fall out!

I have been afraid to even try the one I should have picked up. I'm using Nice n Easy's Light Natural Auburn and it's doing just fine! and doesn't fade much at all and I redo it about every 4 weeks.

I've used it for a while. My natural color is a very dark auburn so this just makes it more red. And the black low lights mute the brightness quite a bit. A lighter auburn turns my hair closer to a strawberry blond which looks terrible on me.

Cidnie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »
I let God do my colorwork for me.  He hasn't screwed it up yet  :tongue:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
Orange hair isn't so bad. That woman in the movie "The Fifth Element" had orange hair and she was hot

Milla Jovovich, and HELL YES, she is hot. No matter what her hair color is.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »
I'm not ashamed of my flexible sexual relations:

Holy crap! That could be....uh...convenient.  :-)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 10:04:01 PM »
I've used it for a while. My natural color is a very dark auburn so this just makes it more red. And the black low lights mute the brightness quite a bit. A lighter auburn turns my hair closer to a strawberry blond which looks terrible on me.

Cidnie

That's great that you have already used it before. I thought it was a new color for you.

Amazing how some hair colors just do not work with our skin tones. I have to use gold undertones in hair, nail polish and makeup or I will look really weird. (weirder?  :???: ) The blue undertones, like in the ruby rush color, are a disaster on me.

I was a strawberry blonde as a young kid, then when my hair turned dark, I had reddish copper lights in it. The light copper-y auburn works great. Most people who have only known me as a redhead, have thought it to be my natural color. Helps that it goes with my personality. :wink:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.