Author Topic: DU Knows about VIOLATOR !!!!  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: DU Knows about VIOLATOR !!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »
Can you confirm whether or not they have locked it down to only donating users before?

I'm pretty certain it was locked to donating members only during the night of the 2004 election.  I had a gold star and it was hard to get in there anyway, so many lurkers from CU/FR and other sites trying to access the DUmp.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 08:22:12 AM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »
Just install the free Tor-Proxy.net toolbar and hide away.
https://tor-proxy.net/

Yep that'll work. And whatever you do, next time you order a Dominos pizza online don't bookmark the Pizza Tracker. You're not supposed to know it's a Proxy and they'd hate if you used it as one.  :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »
Just install the free Tor-Proxy.net toolbar and hide away.
https://tor-proxy.net/

That won't put a bunch of junk on my computer? also will they be able to tell I'm using a proxy?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »
That won't put a bunch of junk on my computer? also will they be able to tell I'm using a proxy?

It shouldn't put anything on your computer. What a proxy does is lets you hook to their server and surf through their computer. That's how you get a different IP addy in the deal.
Now, that being said you can take a sizable speed hit when you use a proxy. You may be on a DSL but they can be on an overloaded cable with a bunch of people on the proxy.

As to being able to tell, that's a maybe. Proxy's are known and can be blocked. There's forum software that can detect a proxy. I've been in a couple that even will have a Proxy Detected icon in the lower right corner when you use one. It depends on the site and how they react to them. You also run the risk, (that doesn't really hurt anything) of using a proxy that someone has already been IP banned at. It doesn't hurt you but you have to get another one. Sometimes you may have to try several before you'll find a combination that works for you LOL

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 01:16:51 AM »
Nope and you can select the "View/Toolbars" Menu pull-down to hide it.

I have been using proxies since around 1997 after being repeatedly banned from the MSNBC Current Events forum.

Try this site to fulfill all your proxy needs: http://www.checkedproxylists.com/. Tor-Proxy was simpler and much quicker to implement.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »
Eh maño: we just do the jobs el DUmmicitos won't do.

:cheersmate:  :hi5: