Author Topic: primitives insist Republicans don't matter  (Read 3435 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives insist Republicans don't matter
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8597655

Oh my.

It'll be nice for the onus of the health care bill to be removed from our backs, given that we don't matter.  We always knew we didn't matter, what with the Democrats controlling both houses of Congress, but for some perverse reason, the primitives were always blaming the minority party for their woes.

Zenlitened  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 10:16 PM
Original message

REPUBLICANS DON'T MATTER. 

Lesson learned, finally? Republicans don't matter.

They had a chance to participate, more of a chance than they deserved, IMO.

And they themselves have shown they've got nothing worthwhile to contribute. Just endless whining, posturing, and poisonous lies lies lies.

So... so long, shitheels. There's important work to be done, and we've no more time to waste with you.

Republicans don't matter.

Democrats Seem Set to Go Alone on a Health Bill

WASHINGTON — Given hardening Republican opposition to Congressional health care proposals, Democrats now say they see little chance of the minority’s cooperation in approving any overhaul, and are increasingly focused on drawing support for a final plan from within their own ranks.

Top Democrats said Tuesday that their go-it-alone view was being shaped by what they saw as Republicans’ purposely strident tone against health care legislation during this month’s Congressional recess, as well as remarks by leading Republicans that current proposals were flawed beyond repair.

More:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/health/policy/19repub...

RagAss  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 10:17 PM
Response to Original message

1. Fill your hands you son of a bitches !!!

eleny  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-18-09 10:17 PM

2. I suppose that when Grassley jumped the shark the light went on for the Dems

waiting for hope  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 10:17 PM

3. Hey - the last 8 years the meme was that 

Democrats don't matter, and if you vote for one, you're a terrorist. I'm tired of the bi-partisanship here, **** 'em.

NewJeffCT  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 10:19 PM

4. good - take it through reconciliation and pass it with 50 votes & Biden.

Mz Pip  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-18-09 10:24 PM

5. Sing, sing a song

Make it simple
to last the whole day long.

Think of good things, not bad.
Think of happy, not sad.

REPUBLICANS DON'T MATTER.

It needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Zenlitened  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 10:36 PM
Response to Reply #5

7. Yep, and when they complain about being marginalized... 

... and they WILL complain -- complaining is What They Do... they can be reminded that they have no one but themselves to blame.

In the meantime, they can go to their rooms and think about what they've done to deserve a time-out.

When they're ready to behave like responsible human beings again, when they can go five minutes without throwing tantrums, telling lies and generally making everyone else miserable... THEN they can come down and rejoin society.

doc03 (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-18-09 10:31 PM

6. Exactly, screw bipartisanship any bill that the Republicans will agree to will be guaranteed to fail and guess who will get the blame.

Of course the Republicans will get the blame, as if the Republicans, being the minority party, the party with fewer votes in Congress, control Congress.

NRaleighLiberal  (1000+ posts)       Tue Aug-18-09 10:42 PM

8. Can I repeat it? REPUBLICANS DON'T MATTER. Absolute music!

unblock (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 11:14 PM

9. conservative views are plenty well represented already within the democratic party we ARE the two-party system. at least!

Zenlitened  (1000+ posts)        Wed Aug-19-09 10:11 AM

10. What's the trouble, lurking right-winger assholes? Truth hurts? 

Well, you've got no one to blame but your own ridiculous selves.

The Republican Party has shown itself to be worthless at best, downright DANGEROUS to America at worst.

That's just a plain fact. And by now everyone knows it.

Republicans Don't Matter.

Get used to it. You've got no one but yourselves to blame.

So.....why don't the majority Democrats pass a bill?

We don't matter; we're the minority.

FormerDittoHead  (1000+ posts)      Wed Aug-19-09 10:23 AM

11. I want more. Cut the pork programs from their districts and states - WE BLUES NEED IT!

Stop this BS crap about winning them over. They went to war and died defending SLAVERY for crying out loud, and to this ****ing day brandish flags boasting of it! **** THEM.

Let the trickle down work for THEM. Stimulate the BLUES. I'm so TIRED of seeing the Reds get MORE MONEY than the blue states, when the blue states pay MORE TAXES!

?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Re: primitives insist Republicans don't matter
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:32:16 AM »
They had a chance to participate, more of a chance than they deserved, IMO.

Was that the chance that Pelonazi gave them by COMPLETELY shutting the GOP out of crafting the bill?

Liberal Bipartisanship: Let's compromise by you shutting up and doing things my way.

These people are certifiable.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 10:33:10 AM »
I don`t want any Republicans to sign on to any portion of this healthcare monstrosity.

Let the dems wear every bit of it.

Offline djones520

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:36 AM »
I can't wait till late november next year.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
Let the dems wear every bit of it.

They probably will; after all, the Democrats don't need any Republicans to pass a health care bill.  There's more than enough Democrats in both houses of Congress to get a bill passed.

I of course don't want a health care bill passed, period, but it would be nice if the primitives put the blame where the blame lies, on Democrats in Congress, and not on the minority Republicans.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:51:20 AM »
They probably will; after all, the Democrats don't need any Republicans to pass a health care bill.  There's more than enough Democrats in both houses of Congress to get a bill passed.

I of course don't want a health care bill passed, period, but it would be nice if the primitives put the blame where the blame lies, on Democrats in Congress, and not on the minority Republicans.

Well, it is shaping up to be interesting.......insider friends of mine in DC are telling me that it is likely that there will be no Health Care Reform Act this year because.......

Wait for it........

The DEMOCRATS!!

It appears more than likely that the "Blue Dogs" will not vote for the bill in its present form, nor will they support any substitute bill with the "public option" included, as they have been told during recess that a vote for the bill will result in them being replaced by someone with an (R) behind their name in November of 2010. Remember, over 30 of these representatives are from very "red" districts that have a long and illustrious history of electing conservative congressmen, and the present seat-holders only won because they ran as "conservative" Democrats.

The LIBERAL Democrats have stated that they will not vote for any bill that DOES NOT contain a strong "public option"......therefore, the majority party is queuing up to kill this monstrosity all by themselves, without the Republicans having to do anything other than stand around and laugh at them..........

Interesting times indeed......

doc
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:57:07 AM by TVDOC »

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »
I'll make sure to remember this thread if health care is passed and it becomes a far greater atrocity than anyone ever imagined it would be but were warned about and tried to stop for so long.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »
Well, it is shaping up to be interesting.......insider friends of mine in DC are telling me that it is likely that there will be no Health Care Reform Act this year because.......

Wait for it........

The DEMOCRATS!!

It appears more than likely that the "Blue Dogs" will not vote for the bill in its preseent form, nor will they support any substitute bill with the "public option" included, as they have been told during recess that a vote for the bill will result in them being replaced by someone with an (R) behind their name in November of 2010.  Remember, over 30 of these representatives are from very "red" districts that have a long and illustrious history of electing conservative congressmen, and the present seat-holders only won because they ran as "conservative" Democrats.

The LIBERAL Democrats have stated that they will not vote for any bill that DOES NOT contain a strong "public option"......therefore, the majority party is queing up to kill this monstrosity all  by themselves, without the Republicans having to do anything other than stand around and laugh at them..........

Interesting times indeed......

doc

Republican "leaders"  have been mostly silent on this debate. It truly has been a grassroots movement of both conservative Democrats and conservatives that have been raising hell at the townhall meetings. The bluedogs realize this, the DUmmies, and the ultraleft never will.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 11:04:26 AM »
Republican "leaders"  have been mostly silent on this debate.

True......but even during recess, votes are being counted, and phone calls made........the Republican leadership has determined that they don't have to say a word........

The people are speaking, and the Dem's had better listen.......if they don't it is at their own peril......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »
NewJeffCT  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 10:19 PM

4. good - take it through reconciliation and pass it with 50 votes & Biden.

That will open a whole can of worms via parlimentary rules that none of you want.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
True......but even during recess, votes are being counted, and phone calls made........the Republican leadership has determined that they don't have to say a word........

The people are speaking, and the Dem's had better listen.......if they don't it is at their own peril......

doc

The left always believes the results to a generic poll question the likes of "do you favor free healthcare".
The devil is in the details and thinking people quickly see the inability for that to happen.
Enough dems in Congress can understand the problems and balk at it.

DUmmies are not capable of this so will believe it to the bitter end.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
Republican "leaders"  have been mostly silent on this debate. It truly has been a grassroots movement of both conservative Democrats and conservatives that have been raising hell at the townhall meetings. The bluedogs realize this, the DUmmies, and the ultraleft never will.

That's probably a good thing, they'd probalby just screw it up and give the press more leverage to make them the bad guys if they did.  We just need them to STFU and refrain from going bipartisan on us when it comes to crunch time.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »
These people are completely incapable of reading the mood of the country. Can't wait til their bubble bursts!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
They certainly are, Cindie, and they're incapable of reading polls. 

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
These people are completely incapable of reading the mood of the country. Can't wait til their bubble bursts!

Cindie

Dutch's prediction:

If the dems in congress go ahead and pass this ****ing mess there will be riots and blood in the streets of DC.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:40:29 PM »
Stop this BS crap about winning them over. They went to war and died defending SLAVERY for crying out loud, and to this ******* day brandish flags boasting of it! **** THEM

??

Wasn't it the Democrat Party that fought for slavery?

Isn't it the Democrat Party that is fighting to turn us all into government slaves now?

Offline djones520

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
??

Isn't it the Democrat Party that is fighting to turn us all into government slaves now?

Hush you.  Facts need not be mentioned here.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »
??

Slavery was a major part of the Dem platform leading up to the Civil War.  You have to remember, the left is in charge of education indoctrination of the youth.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
If they don't matter, stop taking their money, fools. Cool?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »
Slavery was a major part of the Dem platform leading up to the Civil War.  You have to remember, the left is in charge of education indoctrination of the youth.

What Civil War?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 01:49:20 PM »
What Civil War?

I think there was a few pages in the history books about it somewhere. Somewhere between White People owned slaves and White People descriminated with Jim Crow...

No word on what party passed Jim Crow laws.

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »
Dutch's prediction:

If the dems in congress go ahead and pass this ******* mess there will be riots and blood in the streets of DC.

Perhaps not in the streets of DC, but it will certainly be "time to feed the pigs"

Note:  Those of you who haven't read the book, (Unintended Consequences by John Ross) may find the above statement somewhat confusing..........

doc
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:40:30 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
I think there was a few pages in the history books about it somewhere. Somewhere between White People owned slaves and White People descriminated with Jim Crow...

No word on what party passed Jim Crow laws.

That wasn't a Civil War. A Civil War is defined as two factions combating one another for the intention of controlling one government. The South wanted no part of the government of the United States.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »
That wasn't a Civil War. A Civil War is defined as two factions combating one another for the intention of controlling one government. The South wanted no part of the government of the United States.

The losers don't get to decide what a war is called afterward.

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »
The losers don't get to decide what a war is called afterward.

:evillaugh:

No, history and anyone with an IQ above 40 does. Shall I post a definition for you Yankee bastages?