Author Topic: The power of the Dictator to draw in normal people has always astounded me..  (Read 401 times)

Offline CC27

Peacetrain (22,627 posts)

The power of the Dictator to draw in normal people has always astounded me..

Hitler, Charles Manson, Poi Pot, yes even Trump just to name a few ..... they are delusional, dangerous, and morally bankrupt.. yet time and time again we see ordinary people drawn to them,, follow them and become their instruments of destruction.

Is it a group dynamic they (the individuals who follow them) get pulled into and then fearing loss of that group just toss everything out the window?

Maybe they are cowards.. they shake their fists at the wind and yell and scream about how they are misunderstood .. how the "other' is stealing something of theirs.. but to stand up for a true moral point of view .. somehow there is something missing there in these individuals..

I just did a quick search to see what others have said about the subject and this particular article was the lead..

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-personal-renaissance/202009/why-do-people-follow-authoritarian-leaders

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218041638

Look in the mirror you idiot. Your fellow DUmmies love them some Stalin, Che, Pol Pot, and Mao..

Your projection is unreal

Offline SVPete

Manson was a "Dictator"? Did his "Family" ever number as many as 50? :rotf:

Trump was a "Dictator"? A "Dictator" who left the WH after the vote of the Electoral College was certified? :rotf:

Dictator Stalin was kept in office by getting ~100% of the Russian vote, but "Dictator" Trump was voted out of office?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Leaving aside the nonsense about Trump being a dictator, why do they always ask why people follow dictators? Why is the question never “What conditions lead to the rise of dictators”? It’s as if they think dictators just sort of happen randomly.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Leaving aside the nonsense about Trump being a dictator, why do they always ask why people follow dictators? Why is the question never “What conditions lead to the rise of dictators”? It’s as if they think dictators just sort of happen randomly.

Given their general inability to spot and identify causal relationships even when they're gift wrapped and presented in plain sight before them, it's not "AS IF" the DUm'Rats think that way. They actually DO "think" that way.  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

They are just stupid  :thatsright I wonder how they can function in a normal society?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
They are just stupid  :thatsright I wonder how they can function in a normal society?

They DON'T.

That's why so many of the DUm'Rats spend so much of their lives running up 6-figure post counts on Skinner's Island of Misfit ****-ups: real life in society doesn't conform to their twisted li'l expectations of it, so they rarely work up the courage to leave the echo chamber, and they police it for the smallest signs of Thought Crime with a relish that would make Inspector Javert envious.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Manson was a "Dictator"? Did his "Family" ever number as many as 50? :rotf:

Trump was a "Dictator"? A "Dictator" who left the WH after the vote of the Electoral College was certified? :rotf:

Dictator Stalin was kept in office by getting ~100% of the Russian vote, but "Dictator" Trump was voted out of office?

Dictators attempt to disarm the populace, every.single.time.

Trump doesn't seek to disarm the populace.

But the DUmmies and their cult leaders sure do.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Seems that is a very good description of "Pride Month" and the antics involved, namely Lieden ogling a pair of tranny tits.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.