Author Topic: Judge Calls Closed Meeting on NC Beach Driving Case  (Read 833 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Judge Calls Closed Meeting on NC Beach Driving Case
« on: April 22, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »
BULSHIT......BULLSHIT.......BULLSHIT.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/2759407/

What the hell is a judge doing interjecting even more into a settlement...........making things more restrictive........ :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

By ESTES THOMPSON
Associated Press Writer

Posted: Apr. 18, 2008
Updated: Apr. 19, 2008

Raleigh, N.C. — A federal judge overseeing a lawsuit involving environmental concerns and beach driving on part of the Outer Banks has called a closed meeting for next week to review the case.

The parties to the lawsuit agreed earlier this week to a settlement that adds new restrictions to protect endangered birds and turtles in Cape Hatteras National Seashore. U.S. District Court Judge Terrence Boyle still has to approve the settlement.

The judge issued an order Friday requiring the National Park Service to explain how it will control beach access at ramps on Bodie, Hatteras and Ocracoke islands. The meeting will be held in Boyle's office in Elizabeth City.

Among the seven questions Boyle asked are whether the settlement limits the types of vehicles allowed and how the service will decide that a driver is qualified to drive on the sand. He also asked if the settlement agreement requires permits for the vehicle and driver.

Boyle also expressed concern for the safety of others, asking if the settlement accounts for "public safety considerations for bathers and pedestrian beach traffic during periods of high use in the summer season."

Two days before Boyle's orders, both sides in the lawsuit filed a 23-page proposed settlement that restricted some popular fishing spots but allowed driving on large areas of the beach.

A spokeswoman at the Southern Environmental Law Center declined comment on the judge's orders and officials at the park service didn't return messages.

Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond in Virginia, said the orders were unusual and showed that Boyle was very involved in the case.

"He's really concerned that they get it right," Tobias said in a telephone interview. "It's not like it's between two private parties. There's an important public interest aspect to all of this. He's concerned about the practicality of enforcing it."

On average about 60% of the Cape Hatteras national Seashore is closed...................this makes it even worse and put in permanent closures by boundry, regardless of actual sand out there....................the islands are constantly changing.........also these damn piping plovers and other damn birds will get a 1000 meter buffer from humans after hatching............since they are so small and hard to track,  that means they will just shut down the entire area near the birds..............this does also include pedestrian access.

:bird: Terrance Boyle....................first you destroy the US Navy plans for moving NAS Oceanna to Washington, Beaufort Counties NC.............then you give a girl whose dog ripped the leash out of her hand on Cape Hatteras National Seashore 30 days in jail because you are a ****ing eco liberal ****wad............ :bird: :bird: :bird:

Piping Plover................the other white meat.

Surfers for Feral cats

If anyone has a racoon, we are setting up a new CHNS stocking program......................
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: Judge Calls Closed Meeting on NC Beach Driving Case
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
Bump cause I'm still pissed off
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:56:47 AM »
I remember being little and playing on the side of a dune.  Even back then some crazy old lady came and reamed me a new one.  I am pretty sure that I didn't cause the beach to disappear. :mental:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:12:01 AM »
I remember being little and playing on the side of a dune.  Even back then some crazy old lady came and reamed me a new one.  I am pretty sure that I didn't cause the beach to disappear. :mental:
Nah, but it probably did cause globalwarming. 

:-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.