Author Topic: 'Pandemic's Wrongest Man' Alex Berenson Sues Twitter for Suspending His Account  (Read 860 times)

Offline thundley4

'Pandemic's Wrongest Man' Alex Berenson Sues Twitter for Suspending His Account

Anti-vaccine advocate and writer Alex Berenson, once dubbed "the pandemic's wrongest man" by The Atlantic, has sued Twitter after being banned for violating its policy against COVID-19 misinformation.

Berenson was banished from the social media platform in August after claiming that the COVID-19 vaccines are incapable of preventing "infection or transmission" and are actually "therapeutic" drugs rather than vaccines. A Twitter spokesperson confirmed to Newsweek that Berenson, a former New York Times journalist, had been "permanently suspended for repeated violations of our COVID-19 misinformation rules."

"Mr. Berenson's claim that the COVID-19 vaccines do not 'stop infection' or 'transmission' of COVID-19 was true at the time and is true now," Berenson's attorneys state in the lawsuit. "It is undisputed that vaccinated persons can contract and spread COVID-19 ... Mr. Berenson's allegedly ban-worthy claim that the COVID-19 vaccines do not stop infection or transmission does not violate Twitter's policy."
https://www.newsweek.com/pandemics-wrongest-man-alex-berenson-sues-twitter-suspending-his-account-1661463

Twitter and Facebook have been banning people for telling the truth. So nice to see someone with the resources to take them on.

Offline SVPete

:rotf: Berenson should sue The Atlantic for slander. RFK Jr., Snake Oil Mercola, and possibly that Malone character have probably been “wronger”.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Berenson has been appearing weekly on the Clay/Buck radio show (Formerly hosted by the late great Rush Limbaugh), usually on Fridays.  Berenson is a liberal, but he's rational and does his homework on the Chinese Wuhan Red Death.  And whomever is running the levers at Twitter/Facebook/etc. don't want to hear anything contradictory to their established state narrative.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

Berenson has been appearing weekly on the Clay/Buck radio show (Formerly hosted by the late great Rush Limbaugh), usually on Fridays.  Berenson is a liberal, but he's rational and does his homework on the Chinese Wuhan Red Death.  And whomever is running the levers at Twitter/Facebook/etc. don't want to hear anything contradictory to their established state narrative.

I've seen many people defending the "vaccines" almost like they are being paid to defend them.

Offline SVPete

I've seen many people defending the "vaccines" almost like they are being paid to defend them.

One ad hominem insinuation deserves another. I’ve seen people attacking Covid vaccine like they were selling snake oil. Does Joseph Mercola pay commission?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Mr Mannn

One ad hominem insinuation deserves another. I’ve seen people attacking Covid vaccine like they were selling snake oil. Does Joseph Mercola pay commission?
SV, please allow your fellow board members to have vax opinions that differ from your own. You are coming across way too strong.

Offline thundley4

SV, please allow your fellow board members to have vax opinions that differ from your own. You are coming across way too strong.

He has been coming across as a paid shill for either Fauxci or Biden when it comes to the vaccines.

Offline thundley4

Seriously? An ad hominem attack? Wherever there is criticism of the so called vaccine, there you are defending the vaccines against all criticism. It's based in fact and anyone can see the evidence.

Offline SVPete

I was responding to what I quoted and nothing more. Try reading my post and understanding it before going personal, please. And if it was somehow unclear, th4 clarified what I responded to:

He has been coming across as a paid shill for either Fauxci or Biden when it comes to the vaccines.

Offline SVPete

Seriously? An ad hominem attack? Wherever there is criticism of the so called vaccine, there you are defending the vaccines against all criticism. It's based in fact and anyone can see the evidence.

1. Yes, ad hominem attack, which you repeated:

2. Absurdly false fact claims and mass homicide accusations like those - all of which I have seen her or on a couple other discussion sites - are wonderful but pointing out facts that contradict the pig crap claims and accusations is "defending the vaccines" and coming across as a paid shill for either Fauxci or Biden when it comes to the vaccines?

* The vaccine contains microchips;

* The Pfizer vaccine causes magnets (or ferro-metals) to be attracted to the injection site;

* The Moderna vaccine contains hydras;

* The Pfizer vaccine contains nano-particles;

* mRNA vaccines reprogram recipients' DNA;

* The blood of Covid vaccine recipients is hemoglobin-depleted black sludge (I've been mocking that claim on The Politics Forums for several months, :rotf: );

* Vaccinated people will die within 3 years (I've been mocking that claim on The Politics Forums and The Briefing Room for several months, :rotf: );

* Covid vaccines cause variants;

* Covid vaccines contain HIV;

* The Pfizer vaccine the FDA approved is not the Pfizer vaccine people have been receiving;

* Covid vaccines aren't "real" vaccines because they don't contain dead or inactivated SARS-CoV-2 viruses;

* The vaccine(s) weren't tested;

* Moderna patented its SARS-CoV-2 vaccine before China admitted to the world there was an outbreak in Wuhan.

What makes the pig crap claims and accusations such as those sacrosanct from contradiction using facts? What makes sources of such pig crap claims and accusations such as snake oil salesman Joseph Mercola (factcheck me!) or nutjob Kennedy scion RFK Jr. immune from being called out as what they are?

3. Until my post above responding to an ad hominem attack, I had carefully avoided, since registering in 2009 (IIRC), ad hominem attacks against any Cave member, a continuation of a much older habit. But to an ad hominem attack - insinuating that I'm a paid shill - instead of responding with facts, yeah, I responded in kind.

4. Why in Hades should I respond respectfully to ludicrous pig crap claims and accusations such as those I listed above?

Offline SVPete

As I posted on another thread:

Since some folks here think my profession is a relevant valid target for ad hominem attack, I have never worked for any company, partnership, or person in any kind of medical or pharmaceutical field. I didn't even work for a drugstore when I was in high school or college.

Offline Mr Mannn

I was responding to what I quoted and nothing more. Try reading my post and understanding it before going personal, please. And if it was somehow unclear, th4 clarified what I responded to:
NO. you come across way too hard. Tone it down please. Let people to disagree with you.

Offline SVPete

NO. you come across way too hard. Tone it down please. Let people to disagree with you.

I come down hard against accusations of being a paid shill. Deal with it.

I come down hard against false accusations that Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, et al are committing mass genocide. Deal with it.

Why is OK with you, Mr Mannn, for people to falsely accuse me of being a shill and to falsely accuse ordinary businesses of mass genocide, etc., etc., etc., but you object to strong factual responses to those false accusations? Why is OK with you, Mr Mannn, for people to falsely accuse me of being a shill, but you object when I respond in kind?

How is your selective objection intellectually honest, Mr Mannn?

Offline Mr Mannn

You're only getting push back because you are over the top, getting angry when you don't need to.
We are NOT DUmmies...stop treating us like them.

You can say everything you want in a softer tone. no arguments, no lectures. just talk to us.
CC is a refuge from the woke world. we don't need to fight here too.

Offline thundley4

You're only getting push back because you are over the top, getting angry when you don't need to.

You can say everything you want in a softer tone. no arguments, no lectures. just talk to us.

I'm done with the clown. If I could put him on ignore, I would.

Offline SVPete

So you object to my responding in kind to being accused of being a shill, but not in the least to the false accusation. Got it.

So you object to my responding bluntly to false accusations that businesses are committing mass genocide and other ludicrous claims, but not in the least to the false accusation. Got it.

The DU-style wokery started with th4 insinuating that I'm a pharma-Biden-Fauci shill, an insinuation subsequently repeated, multiple times, as an accusation. I acknowledge and bear zero responsibility for th4's decision to answer facts with ad hominem attacks. th4 attacks, I respond.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Social media, in general, has issues. The biggest one at the moment is definitely silencing those with whom they have labeled as being inappropriate. They're afraid of being sued by someone who would make claims that something said on their platform caused this or that.

Best thing that could happen is that social media be declared a "public square" and let people say what they want. If the KKK wants on, fine. If the black version of the KKK wants on, fine. If someone claims smoking Crayola crayons prevents cancer, let them. If someone wants to tout 9/11 MIHOP/LIHOP theories, let them. Let people decide what they do and don't believe, but take away their ability to sue the platform where they read the info if they believe something they read on social media and it goes wrong. For example, if I get on Twitter and say "Kill Whitey!!", and someone kills whitey, it's not Twitter's fault. The victim or their family/estate wanna sue, they need to sue me personally.

Problem is the lawyers would never go for it. They make millions off suing the deep pockets.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Haven't seen a potential Fight Club thread inside or outside of the Fight Club in a very long time.

:popcorn:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.