Author Topic: Proglodyte knows what pisses off us vets  (Read 3161 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Proglodyte knows what pisses off us vets
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »
jmowreader (27,824 posts)

Why Holly Fisher pisses me off

You remember Holly. She's the cute but extremely right-wing asshole from West Virginia who posted the "conservative hat trick" picture of her wearing a "Pro Life" t-shirt and holding a Chick Fil A cup while standing in front of a closed Hobby Lobby store. And of course that wasn't good enough for her friends so she followed it up with the famous Suicide Bombing for Jesus pose.

These were supposed to make liberals' "heads explode." Whatever.

No, what's pissing me off about this little ditz is she self-identifies as the "wife of a combat veteran." The Troops call this "wearing your husband's rank" and we ****ing HATE IT!

To those not familiar with military culture:

As with all things, Proglodytes cannot/will not speak the truth in anything.

A proper example of "wearing your husband's rank" would be a colonel's (or, as Dutch would spell it, "kernill") wife running around expecting to be treated with the same deference afforded her husband, i.e. best seats in the O Club, being seen first at the Troop Medical Clinic, etc. In other words, assuming privilege based solely on the spouse's status.

I have yet to see a soldier become upset with a spouse identifying as the spouse of a vet. In fact, hiding that status would be the bigger insult.

Correct me if I'm wrong, fellow vets.

Might I also add: this all arises from the Proglodytes screaming you cannot support the military and its missions if you don't have skin in the game.

That bullshit came to a sudden and screeching halt when Obama didn't send Malia and Sasha to fight in Libya.

vankuria (487 posts)

1. I'm the wife of a combat veteran

and I find her offensive on so many levels and I never heard the expression "wearing your husbands rank". WTF does that mean??

Warpy (77,302 posts)

2. Yeah, I can see how this would be incredibly insulting to the people who are actually out there

putting their asses on the line, getting shot at, and hoping they survive long enough to get home and see their youngest child before shipping out to some other hell hole.

I would far rather see that little twit than be her and I'm delighted her Jihad pose with a copy of the real thing went viral on her ass. I do hope she finds out the advantage inherent in shutting the **** up instead of doubling down.

Then again, people that stupid learn very slowly, if they learn at all, so I imagine we're going to see a lot more of her in the time to come.

What you know about anything could be slid between 2 pieces of paper with head room to spare.

Skidmore (31,714 posts)

3. I'm not sure why troops should

be upset with a person identifying as the wife of a veteran. I really don't like what this woman is representing in terms of political views to the nation but what does that have to do with her being the spouse of a veteran. It would seem to me that whenever someone joins the military, their family members are in it for the long haul too. Don't think it has anything to do with rank either. Perhaps military personnel should not marry. Would that make it better for you?

9. Thanks for the civiliansplaining

I was a soldier for 12 years. One of the things every soldier learns about before he ever reaches his first permanent duty station is the Phenomenon of the Professional Spouse - "I'm Mrs. Colonel Smith" or "I'm Mrs. Sergeant Major Jones." Before Wikipedia was invented I don't think there were twelve people in the entire world who knew what Charles Bagnal's wife's first name is - she always introduced herself as "I'm General Bagnal's wife." Not "Hi, I'm Patsy" (which is what it is), rather "Hi, I'm the general's wife." She would go to stores in Nashville and introduce herself to the clerks as the general's wife. I'm certain the ladies at the perfume counter in Hecht's really gave a shit about her being the wife of the 101st Airborne commander, but they knew she was.

Better war story: This is Rocky the Marne Bulldog, the mascot of the 3rd Infantry Division.

Rocky was designed by Walt Disney during World War II, and it's (as far as I know) the only one of Disney's unit logos still in use. Rocky is a male bulldog and was created with everything a male dog should have. In 1973, the 3rd ID got a new general...whose prudish wife just couldn't stand to see Rocky's balls. They were chiseled off. The next CG's wife didn't know why anyone would deface such a historically significant statue and had them restored. Two generals' wives later and they were off again. The next general's wife comes in, they're back on. Eventually they're going to get smart about this and put expansion anchors in the statue so they can bolt his nuts on.

The soldier hates the Professional Spouse, such as Taliban Holly over there, because they aggressively exploit power and authority they don't actually have.

I'm not a civilian and I have more Time-in-Service.

STFU, bitch.

ChisolmTrailDem (3,468 posts)

11. She's not cute. The ugly...

...deep within her shows on the surface.

I don't care if you're the most beautiful woman or man on the planet. If you are ugly inside, to me you are ugly outside.

She's f'ugly.

I would rub that ugly all over my face.

Glad there's a happy soldier out there.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025211308
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Proglodyte knows what pisses off us vets
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »

I don't care if you're the most beautiful woman or man on the planet. If you are ugly inside, to me you are ugly outside.

She's f'ugly.
Says the psycho who can't coexist with people she disagrees with politically without shitting herself.  I wonder what this shrieking harpy looks like in person.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:24:41 PM »

No, what's pissing me off about this little ditz is she self-identifies as the "wife of a combat veteran." The Troops call this "wearing your husband's rank" and we ****ing HATE IT!
If you're going to get bent out of shape over something, at least make sure you're clear on what that "something" is.

Pentagon Proposes Controversial Policy Assigning Ranks To Military Spouses
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »

You don't know what the **** you're talking about, dipshit.

As for this:

I was a soldier for 12 years. One of the things every soldier learns about before he ever reaches his first permanent duty station is the Phenomenon of the Professional Spouse - "I'm Mrs. Colonel Smith" or "I'm Mrs. Sergeant Major Jones."

I have personally never, EVER heard a spouse introduce herself this way, and I've served in the military or with the military for the past 23 years. Anyone else?

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 03:49:23 PM »
You don't know what the **** you're talking about, dipshit.

As for this:

I have personally never, EVER heard a spouse introduce herself this way, and I've served in the military or with the military for the past 23 years. Anyone else?

Can't say that I ever heard a superior's wife introduce herself that way. 
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
Not Ugly:

Ugly:

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 04:48:28 PM »
I can see Dutch running to start up a twitter account.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/HollyRFisher

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, fellow vets.

No, you're pretty much on the money there.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »

Why Holly Fisher pisses me off

You remember Holly. She's the cute but extremely right-wing asshole from West Virginia who posted the "conservative hat trick" picture of her wearing a "Pro Life" t-shirt and holding a Chick Fil A cup while standing in front of a closed Hobby Lobby store. And of course that wasn't good enough for her friends so she followed it up with the famous Suicide Bombing for Jesus pose.

I'm not a vet so I'm more than happy to accept the wisdom of the people at the Cave who I can trust when they proclaim themselves to be vets over someone at Hate-America Central.

With the above said, I would just imagine that if instead self-identifying as the wife of a combat veteran that she self-identified as a male trapped in a female body and was chanting for the murder of unborn babies and a pecker in every male mouth that the DUmmie would not be pissed off at all.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »

It made yours explode..."Mission Accomplished"

Whats this "we"you speak of sh*tbag?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 05:10:57 PM »
So she doesn't sacrifice at all while her husband serves overseas?  Dummies are dumb.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »
It made yours explode..."Mission Accomplished"

Whats this "we"you speak of sh*tbag?

As this is a DUmmy shooting off it's soup cooler, I'd imagine - since no self respecting mouse would get within 100 yards of a dirty, filthy DUmmy hippie's pocket - that it's either referring to the tiny livestock that have hitched a ride on the DUmmy's filthy scalp, or the carrion eaters that tracked the DUmmy's stench and are now constantly orbiting overhead.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:11 PM »
I can see Dutch running to start up a twitter account.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/HollyRFisher

Naw. I don't **** other people's wives.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »

I have heard a few call themselves COL so and so's wife, Barbara... or whatever. Usually total swarms of bitches do that.

One of my good friends and had been my boss over and over through the years, his wife would say, "Hi! I'm Kay. I'm Tommy's wife." and generally jerk her thumb over to Tommy who was usually at the bar with the rest of us.

Tommy being Tommy Metz. When he had III Corps down in Fort Hood I ran into him when I got back from Iraq. Saw him in the building and when he saw me shouted out my name across the plaze. He came over and gave me a hug and then cancelled his afternoon appointments so he could take me to lunch.
That night his wife called mine at home and the chatted for an hour.

She never wore his rank. She felt it was her job to help out the other military wives, not be in charge of them.

My ex-wife still calls herself the former wife of a combat vet when talking about military things. Two of our sons are currently serving, Jake is a combat cameraman in Korea, Matt is a combat medic in Ft. Sill.

Anyway- moral of the story: Stop looking at dog's balls.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »

She never wore his rank. She felt it was her job to help out the other military wives, not be in charge of them.

I'm with you, the ones we knew worked their asses off looking after the families of the men who served under their husbands.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 07:18:49 PM »
Anyway- moral of the story: Stop looking at dog's balls.

Yeah, it makes us self-conscious.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 08:01:01 PM »
It wasn't that long ago that military wives were expected to be seen and not heard. They didn't pursue careers, nor did they stray very far from the household. Their job was to raise the kids, support hubby in every aspect, and to put on a veil of contentment.

My first girlfriend's mother and father were classic examples. He was a SAC colonel and she was an alcoholic. Of course when husband and wife are separated for long periods, as is the case with many military families, infidelity is as common as alcoholism. Both were rampant in the military in the 60's and 70's.

In the case of divorce, she was pretty much out in the cold. She could get short term alimony, and child support, but when the youngest turned 18, she was out of luck. Today she can tap hubby's retirement benefits for as long as he collects them. I'm not sure that's fair in every case, but the Pentagon thought it was. 

Let's face it, military marriage can be very taxing. I've been out for a long time, so I don't know what the current situation is concerning counseling and support groups, but I know that the more emphasis put into preventing potential problems, the better off everyone is in the long run.   
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:14:19 PM by ranger75 »

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »
vankuria (487 posts)

1. I'm the wife of a combat veteran

and I find her offensive on so many levels and I never heard the expression "wearing your husbands rank". WTF does that mean??

Three possibilities, and only three: 

A). You are lying your ass off.

B). You are one of the dumbest skanks on the planet. 

Quite frankly, I am going with:

C). Both.

I have heard a few call themselves COL so and so's wife, Barbara... or whatever. Usually total swarms of bitches do that.

One of my good friends and had been my boss over and over through the years, his wife would say, "Hi! I'm Kay. I'm Tommy's wife." and generally jerk her thumb over to Tommy who was usually at the bar with the rest of us.

My experience was it was much more prevelant in the officer ranks, than the enlisted and primarily in the Master/First Sergeant, Master Gunny/SgtMaj stratosphere.  Full bird and above wives were notorious for it.

I was a soldier for 12 years. One of the things every soldier learns about before he ever reaches his first permanent duty station is the Phenomenon of the Professional Spouse - "I'm Mrs. Colonel Smith" or "I'm Mrs. Sergeant Major Jones."

Bullshit (D)Ummie, it was subtle and inferred.  Something you don't understand.  I never heard it like that either.

Warpy (77,302 posts)

2. Yeah, I can see how this would be incredibly insulting to the people who are actually out there

putting their asses on the line, getting shot at, and hoping they survive long enough to get home and see their youngest child before shipping out to some other hell hole.

Shut.  The ****.  Up.  You stupid, disgusting twat.  Just, shut.  The ****.  Up.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:41:36 PM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
It wasn't that long ago that military wives were expected to be seen and not heard. They didn't pursue careers, nor did they stray very far from the household. Their job was to raise the kids, support hubby in every aspect, and to put on a veil of contentment.

Good lord.  I guess that was more than 50 years ago when I enlisted. 

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 09:38:25 PM »
In my 22 years in the USMC, I only experienced this once, when our squadron XOs wife decided that she was going to organize weekly get-togethers for the officer and staff NCO wives while we were deployed. 

My (now ex) wife was caring for two toddlers at the time, plus she just wasn't interested, so she didn't attend. After a month or so she started getting really rude calls from the XOs wife telling her that her attendance was mandatory, and that there would be repercussions if she didn't start showing up.  That last part didn't go over well at all, and my ex-wife basically told her to **** off.

First I heard of it was when the XO came to me to apologize for his wife's behavior, I guess she wrote him a letter telling him to order me to order my wife to get with her program.  We had a pretty good laugh over the whole thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »

She's f'ugly.

Every DUmmie is ugly on the inside and the outside. That much bitterness, jealousy, greed and hatred can not help but manifest itself outwardly.

DUmmies are their own Picture of Dorian Gray.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
No, you're pretty much on the money there.

Yep, never heard that shit either.  The closest it came was the rare occasion when some dimbulb JO's wife would say "I'm (fill in the blank rank)'s wife" to demand something.  She'd get laughed at, usually by the other dependent wives, and slink off to sulk.

For you DUmbasses keeping score, that was in 22 years of service I never heard that shit you're spouting.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »
Warpy (77,302 posts)

Like you'd ****ing know, DUmbass...   :whatever:
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline ranger75

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 12:03:27 AM »
Good lord.  I guess that was more than 50 years ago when I enlisted.

Are you sure? They didn't have don't ask don't tell 50 years ago, did they?