Author Topic: Why does Proud2BDUmb want to see black teenagers shot and killed with impunity?  (Read 1921 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
proud2BlibKansan (91,870 posts)

Man shot in road rage upset that prosecutor won’t file charges

A motorcyclist who was shot in the chest by a motorist during a road rage incident in O’Fallon, Mo., spoke out Tuesday, asking for a grand jury to hear the case and criticizing the St. Charles County prosecutor for not filing charges.

“But for the grace of God, I would be a dead man,” the motorcyclist, Keith Randell, 49, of St. Ann, said Tuesday, reading from a statement at his attorney’s office in Clayton.

“This is the result of an aggressive driver,” Randell said. “He chose to shoot me when he was not in fear of any serious injury.”

St. Charles County prosecutor Jack Banas said Monday he would not file criminal charges against the motorist, adding the man was justified in shooting because the motorcyclist first reached into his car and punched him.

On Tuesday, Banas said his decision was final, unless police presented new evidence.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/13/3655984/man-shot-in-road-rage-upset-that.html#storylink=cpy

She's establishing case precedent for Zimmerman's defense.

Obviously she's a racist who hates Trayvon Martin because he's exactly the sort of young man that would make her cross the street if he was walking through her neighborhood at night.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
“But for the grace of God, I would be a dead man,” the motorcyclist, Keith Randell, 49, of St. Ann, said Tuesday, reading from a statement at his attorney’s office in Clayton.

“This is the result of an aggressive driver,” Randell said. “He chose to shoot me when he was not in fear of any serious injury.”

Now this is funny.  The shooter was a 65 year old man (Mr Setchfield) who had his wife and grandchild in the car when Mr Randell decided to approach and accost him.  According to the article, the 65 year old man  pulled his .380 and put it on his lap when the 49 year old man approached him in a rage.  Words were exchanged, Mr Rendell spit on Mr Setchfield, Mr Setchfield spit back, Mr Rendell reached into the car window and punched him, Mr Setchfield put a round into Mr Rendell's chest.  Mr Setchfield dropped off his wife and grandchild, went to the police and turned himself in.  According to the article, Mr Setchfield was within his rights (IAW Missouri's Castle Doctrine law) to ventilate Mr Rendell and Mr Rendell is very lucky to be alive.  Had Mr Setchfield been carrying a .45 with Hydra-Shok rounds (my personal favorite "stop button"), Mr Rendell would not have thrown another traffic tantrum ever again.

I think that there are several lessons one can take from DUmmie proud2bstupid's post:

• Mr Setchfield needs to purchase a larger caliber handgun and appropriate self defense ammunition.  When you yank a gun on somebody and pull the trigger, the only side of a story that should be left to tell is yours.  If your assailant is dead and you terminated him according to the letter of the law, you most likely will not be liable for his hospital bills.
  • Mr Rendell should take this encounter as a "come to Jesus" moment and reevaluate how he interacts with other citizens.  Approaching a man in a vehicle that contains his flesh and blood, while in a rage, is never a good idea.  Deciding to reach inside the vehicle and swing a fist is an even worse one.  With the current self defense laws now swinging towards a citizen's right to protect themselves from bodily harm, you never know who is carrying the means to end your life and who is not.  Giving civilized, decent citizens a legal green light to make the wind whistle through your torso is just plain stupid.  Mr. Rendell is lucky all he ended up with was two broken ribs.
  • Like NHSparky says:  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  If your aggression provokes someone to shoot you, don't whine about it like a bitch; like you were the one wronged.  Don't be an impulsive ass, think twice before you open your mouth, count to 10 if you are angry, realize that if you are on a motorcycle you need to look at other drivers like they don't know you are there, and (last but not least) don't ever threaten an old man - if he decides that he can't go toe to toe with you, he'll just shoot you.
  • Proud2bretarded should be more careful when posting articles that clearly demonstrate why Castle Doctrine and SYG laws were enacted lest she fall victim to $kinner's gestapo.

Did I miss anything?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Now this is funny.  The shooter was a 65 year old man (Mr Setchfield) who had his wife and grandchild in the car when Mr Randell decided to approach and accost him.  According to the article, the 65 year old man  pulled his .380 and put it on his lap when the 49 year old man approached him in a rage.  Words were exchanged, Mr Rendell spit on Mr Setchfield, Mr Setchfield spit back, Mr Rendell reached into the car window and punched him, Mr Setchfield put a round into Mr Rendell's chest.  Mr Setchfield dropped off his wife and grandchild, went to the police and turned himself in.  According to the article, Mr Setchfield was within his rights (IAW Missouri's Castle Doctrine law) to ventilate Mr Rendell and Mr Rendell is very lucky to be alive.  Had Mr Setchfield been carrying a .45 with Hydra-Shok rounds (my personal favorite "stop button"), Mr Rendell would not have thrown another traffic tantrum ever again.

I think that there are several lessons one can take from DUmmie proud2bstupid's post:

• Mr Setchfield needs to purchase a larger caliber handgun and appropriate self defense ammunition.  When you yank a gun on somebody and pull the trigger, the only side of a story that should be left to tell is yours.  If your assailant is dead and you terminated him according to the letter of the law, you most likely will not be liable for his hospital bills.
  • Mr Rendell should take this encounter as a "come to Jesus" moment and reevaluate how he interacts with other citizens.  Approaching a man in a vehicle that contains his flesh and blood, while in a rage, is never a good idea.  Deciding to reach inside the vehicle and swing a fist is an even worse one.  With the current self defense laws now swinging towards a citizen's right to protect themselves from bodily harm, you never know who is carrying the means to end your life and who is not.  Giving civilized, decent citizens a legal green light to make the wind whistle through your torso is just plain stupid.  Mr. Rendell is lucky all he ended up with was two broken ribs.
  • Like NHSparky says:  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  If your aggression provokes someone to shoot you, don't whine about it like a bitch; like you were the one wronged.  Don't be an impulsive ass, think twice before you open your mouth, count to 10 if you are angry, realize that if you are on a motorcycle you need to look at other drivers like they don't know you are there, and (last but not least) don't ever threaten an old man - if he decides that he can't go toe to toe with you, he'll just shoot you.
  • Proud2bretarded should be more careful when posting articles that clearly demonstrate why Castle Doctrine and SYG laws were enacted lest she fall victim to $kinner's gestapo.

Did I miss anything?

VENTILATE?   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  That is great!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

• Global Moderator

You quoted his entire post just for that?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

• Global Moderator
:bird:

Are you sure you're a redhead?

I think you might actually be a blonde who had a bad run of luck with a can of spray paint.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Now this is funny.  The shooter was a 65 year old man (Mr Setchfield) who had his wife and grandchild in the car when Mr Randell decided to approach and accost him.  According to the article, the 65 year old man  pulled his .380 and put it on his lap when the 49 year old man approached him in a rage.  Words were exchanged, Mr Rendell spit on Mr Setchfield, Mr Setchfield spit back, Mr Rendell reached into the car window and punched him, Mr Setchfield put a round into Mr Rendell's chest.  Mr Setchfield dropped off his wife and grandchild, went to the police and turned himself in.  According to the article, Mr Setchfield was within his rights (IAW Missouri's Castle Doctrine law) to ventilate Mr Rendell and Mr Rendell is very lucky to be alive.  Had Mr Setchfield been carrying a .45 with Hydra-Shok rounds (my personal favorite "stop button"), Mr Rendell would not have thrown another traffic tantrum ever again.

• Mr Setchfield needs to purchase a larger caliber handgun and appropriate self defense ammunition.  When you yank a gun on somebody and pull the trigger, the only side of a story that should be left to tell is yours.  If your assailant is dead and you terminated him according to the letter of the law, you most likely will not be liable for his hospital bills.
  • Mr Rendell should take this encounter as a "come to Jesus" moment and reevaluate how he interacts with other citizens.  Approaching a man in a vehicle that contains his flesh and blood, while in a rage, is never a good idea.  Deciding to reach inside the vehicle and swing a fist is an even worse one.  With the current self defense laws now swinging towards a citizen's right to protect themselves from bodily harm, you never know who is carrying the means to end your life and who is not.  Giving civilized, decent citizens a legal green light to make the wind whistle through your torso is just plain stupid.  Mr. Rendell is lucky all he ended up with was two broken ribs.
  • Like NHSparky says:  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  If your aggression provokes someone to shoot you, don't whine about it like a bitch; like you were the one wronged.  Don't be an impulsive ass, think twice before you open your mouth, count to 10 if you are angry, realize that if you are on a motorcycle you need to look at other drivers like they don't know you are there, and (last but not least) don't ever threaten an old man - if he decides that he can't go toe to toe with you, he'll just shoot you.

Did I miss anything?

Not that I can see.  As to your first bullet point (yeah, I know), that new Hornady Critical Defense round in .380 ACP would probably have killed the assailant.  BTW--H5 for the synopsis.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti

Is it as good as "insipid twat"?

C.S. Lewis

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Is it as good as "insipid twat"?

Nothing is better than that title.

• Global Moderator
They're arguing over the details of the case:

slackmaster (53,382 posts)
9. "...the motorcyclist first reached into his car and punched him...."

Details, details.

MadHound (31,169 posts)
10. More details,

The motorist was deliberately trying to run the cyclist wife off the road.

leftyohiolib (1,196 posts)
11. deliberately? the driver wasnt very smart in revealing that

MadHound (31,169 posts)
12. There were witnesses who said it looked like a deliberate action

Which wouldn't surprise me at all. St. Charles county has a history of people messing with anything on two wheels.

Romulox (20,426 posts)
30. The proper response is to call the police, then. You don't get to beat people in revenge.

Similarly, "self defense" requires an imminent danger, not one just passed.

And yet, no one has made the connection on how this parallels the Zimmerman case.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Are you sure you're a redhead?

I think you might actually be a blonde who had a bad run of luck with a can of spray paint.

C.S. Lewis

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Not that I can see.  As to your first bullet point (yeah, I know), that new Hornady Critical Defense round in .380 ACP would probably have killed the assailant. 

Not familiar with that one.  I prefer .45 since I've seen what it can do up close and personal and Hydra-Shok seems (at least to me) to be a good self defense round.

BTW--H5 for the synopsis.

Thanks!   :-)

C.S. Lewis

Offline 67 Rover

Not familiar with that one.  I prefer .45 since I've seen what it can do up close and personal and Hydra-Shok seems (at least to me) to be a good self defense round.

Thanks!   :-)

Yep, my personal favorites are Hydra shok and Speer Gold dots for my long lost P220 and P229.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Bad Dog

Somebody was wondering why the dummies weren't outraged by this.  Although I couldn't find a racial identifier in the articles, you have to assume ventilatee was of the Caucasian persuasion.  Everybody knows african Americans don't ride motorcycles or swim.

Offline thundley4

Somebody was wondering why the dummies weren't outraged by this.  Although I couldn't find a racial identifier in the articles, you have to assume ventilatee was of the Caucasian persuasion.  Everybody knows african Americans don't ride motorcycles or swim.

Huh?  I see lots of black people riding motorcycles here, most are Harleys .  I even saw a black woman riding solo a few weeks ago but that is a rare sight.

Offline Bad Dog

Huh?  I see lots of black people riding motorcycles here, most are Harleys .  I even saw a black woman riding solo a few weeks ago but that is a rare sight.

HAH!!! but you admit that they don't swim. (do I need a sarc tag)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!

:rofl:

Offline thundley4

The public pools here would prove that wrong too.  Well, sort of, most of them just stand around in the pool.

Offline Bad Dog

The public pools here would prove that wrong too.  Well, sort of, most of them just stand around in the pool.

OK, I guess I have to clear this up.  You see, I was trying to sarcastically demonstrate their fantastical view of conservative racists.

Offline thundley4

OK, I guess I have to clear this up.  You see, I was trying to sarcastically demonstrate their fantastical view of conservative racists.

:doh: 

• Global Moderator

She's not very good at remembering insults...

...so she writes them on her ankles.

Offline Bad Dog

:doh: 

Don't worry about it. You appear to be a literallist and, as such, you may have sensed my real secret. I suffer from nanosophobia.  Well, that's not literally true since nanosophobia is the abnormal fear of all "little" people. I want to be perfectly clear that I have absolutely no problem with midgets, some of my best friends are midgets. However Dwarfs are another matter entirely. Rest assured, I feel terrible about this unreasonable and abnormal phobia I bear.  I have sought professional help but that was a disaster as the therapist insisted on delving into my perfectly normal sexual proclivities. I commend you on your ability to sense the flaw in my character or,so to speak, chink in my armor.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
She's not very good at remembering insults...

...so she writes them on her ankles.

:fuelfire:   :rotf:

C.S. Lewis