Author Topic: primitives being homeophobic  (Read 373 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives being homeophobic
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x92217

Oh my.

I'm surprised the anti-osteopathic "Mineral Man" primitive hasn't shown up at this campfire.

HuckleB  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-05-10 01:12 PM
Original message

Japan's medical authorities slam 'absurd' homeopathy

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gojB...

"The physician to Japanese Emperor Akihito and top scientists have slammed homeopathy as an "absurd" medicine, urging health workers to stay clear of the alternative treatment as it grows in popularity.

"I cannot help but feel strong bewilderment" over the recent rise in homeopathy's use as a treatment in Japan, said Ichiro Kanazawa, who chairs the prestigious Science Council of Japan. "The reason is that it ignores science," Kanazawa, who is also the medical supervisor for Japan's Imperial Household Agency, said in a statement.

The controversy has been fuelled by reports that a two-month-old baby girl died last year of a cerebral haemorrhage in Japan after she was given a homeopathic remedy instead of the normal treatment of vitamin K.

Kanazawa argued that "because it is only water, of course it has no therapeutic effects, not to mention 'side effects'".

..."

------------------------------------

Just an FYI. It looks like this issue is starting to be discussed around the globe.

no_hypocrisy  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-05-10 03:03 PM
Response to Original message

1. Reiki is also treated with hostility and skepticism in Japan (its country of origin).

HuckleB  (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-05-10 11:07 PM
Response to Reply #1

4. It's good to know that they're consistent in addressing implausible "treatments."

Orrex  (1000+ posts)        Fri Sep-10-10 08:22 AM
Response to Reply #1

10. My aunt would take great offense at your post because she's a Reiki master 

And she studied for like twelve whole hours to achieve that honored distinction.

Speck Tater (1000+ posts)      Sun Sep-05-10 03:35 PM

2. Foretunately the US Constitution protects our right to the pursuit of STUPIDITY!!!

Think of it as Darwinian selection that favors the elimination of the stupid. Maybe in another 10 million years the human race will actually evolve some intelligence.

Codeine  (1000+ posts)      Mon Sep-06-10 11:24 PM

5. Man, when something is too goofy for JAPAN. . .

If something's "too goofy for Japan," then it must be "mainstream conventional wisdom" for the primitives.

Anyway, for the record, franksolich has no opinion, either way, about homeopathy, but suspects it's a bad idea to suppress medical knowledge of any sort.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: primitives being homeophobic
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »
Oh go chew on some Aspen bark, ya DUmbass primitives!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline true_blood

Re: primitives being homeophobic
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
Maybe bamboo bark would have worked better?? lol :evillaugh: