Author Topic: I just watched Avatar again and it's message has so much more meaning since the  (Read 1894 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Another thing that gets me about so many of these movies is the way the native religions actually work.   ::)  We have a God powerful enough to speak energy into existence, move planets and suns into place in the universe, create life with a breath...and they go looking elsewhere for religion that works??   :mental: :mental: :mental:

That's so the DUmmies don't have to! :innocent:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Avatar is living proof that you can dress a tired old turd of a story up enough with pretty lights and catchy effects, and people will still eat that shit up with a spoon.

And also another piece of proof (as if I needed any more) that Hollywood, at its core, hasn't had an original idea in 30 years.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Avatar is living proof that you can dress a tired old turd of a story up enough with pretty lights and catchy effects, and people will still eat that shit up with a spoon.

And also another piece of proof (as if I needed any more) that Hollywood, at its core, hasn't had an original idea in 30 years.

Ain't that the truth! Gimme the old Film noir oldies anyday!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

30 years.  That only goes back to 1980.  Today, Hollywood makes "films", not "movies"....

Try 50+ years for a real movie.... (Although I have to admit, "An American Carol" was pretty decent....)
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline ConservativeMobster

My favorite line in the movie was when bad ass commando (can never remember character names) claims to the lusty blue dude "I just got back from my deployment in Argentina"...yeah!  We kicked Hugo's great great grandsons azz, betcha   :yahoo:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:51:55 PM by ConservativeMobster »
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline sofa king

which is pretty much why anyone that saw avatar in 3d on an imax screen thought it was cool, and anyone that saw it on a dvd was all "meh..."  damn!  those "special effects" can overwhelm a simple mind.

dances with wolves only this time starring blue hippies.

but that is the purpose of movies and television.  to provide libtards with a glimpse of never-to-exist worlds that they would love to live in.  remember that tv show "the west wing?"   how many dummys that voted for obama were thinking they were going to get martin sheen as president?  or that movie "v for vendetta" where every progressive puke could be a "bad ass" for the cause from the comfort and safety of mom's basement via blue-ray.  just by yelling "f*ck yeah" as the miscreants got over on the "man."

all of the "superior thinkers" on du that hate "propaganda" and don't allow their "thoughts" to be "swayed" by the the media...  are allowing themselves just that.

except it's not "propaganda" if its what a dummy believes. 

no. 

then it is simply what dummys love to call "the truth!"

rationalization.  the opiate of the uninformed mind... 

:loser:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

except it's not "propaganda" if its what a dummy believes. 

For them, it's an affirmation of faith.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.