Author Topic: Pam's home from the hospital . . .  (Read 1886 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
Pam's home from the hospital . . .
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:15 AM »
but not posting yet:
CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-09-09 08:03 PM
Original message
**Vibes for greenbriar**
 She's home from the hospital, but is still very sick with various nasty ailments...

She can't eat and is down to 95 pounds...Her doctors are talking about a feeding tube.

She can't work either...

Let's give her our best Lounge vibes!

I'm hoping her treatments will soon see the end of this nightmare she's stuck in!

I know I make fun of her but this sounds horrible! Hope she gets back to her old, goofy self soon!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9160761
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Pam's home from the hospital . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »
She can't eat and is down to 95 pounds

What happens when she puts the other foot on the scale?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
but not posting yet:
I know I make fun of her but this sounds horrible! Hope she gets back to her old, goofy self soon!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9160761
Remember..DUmmies lie..all the time
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »
Quote from:
CaliforniaPeggy

She can't work either...

As though this were an issue before.

Quote from:
I'm hoping her treatments will soon see the end of this nightmare she's stuck in!

We can all hope.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!  Excellent!  :lmao:  Maybe her nomination for Dummie of the year will cheer her up  :-)
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »
Well I hope Pam recovers soon.....The school children in Kansas are suffering with out her sage advice and intellect! :-) Who knows....maybe another Cruise is in the offing as well?
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 11:23:23 AM »
Who knows....maybe another Cruise is in the offing as well?

Yes, after this terrible ordeal, she probably needs a cruise to take her mind off things.  Or maybe a Prada bag.  Or both.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »
Yes, after this terrible ordeal, she probably needs a cruise to take her mind off things.  Or maybe a Prada bag.  Or both.

How 'bout a Prada bag to take on the cruise?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 11:35:23 AM »
What is a vibe?

Now, I thought the peeps over there were all tired over her.  Now they are sending her vibes? 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
Why do I get the strange feeling that she'll be posting again roughly four weeks after her removal from the Innerwebz?  I mean, most in-house rehabs are that length, just sayin....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »
IF doctors are talking about a feeding tube why did they send her home from the hospital? 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »
IF doctors are talking about a feeding tube why did they send her home from the hospital? 

Shhhh. Don't ask logical questions of the DUmmies.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »

Isn't it obvious? 

Evil health insurance carrier forced the hospital to discharge her......  she has enormously high co-pays and couldn't afford to stay another day...... she needs the feeding tube, but her insurance doesn't cover the actual "tube" so she has to have a pam-a-thon to beg for money to pay for it? 

So many possibilities when dealing with the sick at the DU.    I am waiting for stories about how her class wrote her poems, donated food to a shelter in her honor, and held a vigil in her absence.   

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
..or perhaps she will have a million stories about her various roommate during her stay in the hospital who all those things applied to.  Pam of course being so wealthy, can afford the hospital stay -- but but those other poor sick people.....

Offline kenth

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 03:16:57 PM »
She can't eat and is down to 95 pounds...Her doctors are talking about a feeding tube.

Feeding tube? Pull the plug and send her to heaven. I read on DU once that death by starvation pulling the plug is a beautiful, peaceful thing.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

The scale breaks.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 12:21:20 AM »
Surely no one believes a word of news from Pam Dawson. Every word from her mouth has always been a blatant lie. Always. Why would this be different? Sounds like she now fancies herself to be the second coming (and going?) of the master scamster Andy. If she is truly under the weather, we hope she recovers to spin more entertaining lies, but the reason for any ill health is likely to be a combination of her abuse of drugs/alcohol, and Mark going off on a particularly violent bender.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 03:03:06 AM »
What is a vibe?

Now, I thought the peeps over there were all tired over her.  Now they are sending her vibes? 

Obviously you have yet to be introduced to the DUmmy's standard bearers of all that makes ones lives whole, sane, and bearable:
White Light
Violate Light
Burning Sage pots
Shaka

Or, a pound of weed, 100 hits of LSD, and a 400lb bag of Cheetos.

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 03:06:00 AM »

Actually, it is not REALLY like a feeding tube you and I would know of.
She is a DUmmy, a rather LARGE DUmmy at that soooooooo her "feeding tube" is more of this variety:

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 05:09:38 AM »
What is a vibe?

My guess is short for "vibrators" . . .

She did want to seduce a "cabin boy" on one of those cruises she went on . . . so, she's probably hard-up.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 06:01:17 AM »
Surely no one believes a word of news from Pam Dawson. Every word from her mouth has always been a blatant lie. Always. Why would this be different? Sounds like she now fancies herself to be the second coming (and going?) of the master scamster Andy. If she is truly under the weather, we hope she recovers to spin more entertaining lies, but the reason for any ill health is likely to be a combination of her abuse of drugs/alcohol, and Mark going off on a particularly violent bender.

I agree with you on this. I've held to the belief that the whole hospital thing was nothing more than a big lie. If you recall, when she disappeared, she was getting a lot of attention regarding her personal information posted here on CC. We knew her full name, where she worked and her city of residence (Thanks Zaba. Even knew her street address). In her simple and yet convoluted line of thinking, she figured that if she disappears for a week or so, we would forget all about her. Hey Pam D. It ain't gonna happen. We loves ya. :-)
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 07:08:35 AM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Fri Dec-11-09 10:53 PM
Response to Reply #50
51. so the doc changed some meds yesterday. stopped some added some
 second round of chemo scheduled for next week.

I have managed to keep down a little bit of jello and water today

This is progress

She has cancer?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 07:10:28 AM »
greenbriar  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-10-09 11:46 PM
Response to Reply #7
48. thank you all
 I have good minutes and bad minutes

I can not keep anything down and my weight is dropping daily.

If the second round of Crohn's Chemo doesn't turn things around I could be looking at a feeding tube.

I spent 13 days in the hospital. I am praying that I don't have to go back. It is touch and go so your good wishes and vibes are very much appreciated

I missed this.  She is posting a hell of a lot for someone who just went through chemo?    I never heard of that for Crohns.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 07:23:56 AM by formerlurker »

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 07:22:37 AM »
I just did a quick google search.  Chemo for Chrohn's is optional (she certainly did not require it), and not as invasive as chemo for cancer.  She could very well be just taking an injection, depends on the type. 

As it is optional, her commentary on how she cannot work is bizarre as she would have 1) know that if it was full fledge chemo or 2) she is only getting injections and is looking at this moment to attention whore (she can't work, but she can post on DU). 

The "please don't let us loose another one" comment from another poster is soooo  :whatever:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 07:59:34 AM »
I just did a quick google search.  Chemo for Chrohn's is optional (she certainly did not require it), and not as invasive as chemo for cancer.  She could very well be just taking an injection, depends on the type. 

As it is optional, her commentary on how she cannot work is bizarre as she would have 1) know that if it was full fledge chemo or 2) she is only getting injections and is looking at this moment to attention whore (she can't work, but she can post on DU). 

The "please don't let us loose another one" comment from another poster is soooo  :whatever:

I did the same and the first hit for treatment is webmd.
No mention of the word chemo unless that is now a generic term for certain treatments.

http://www.webmd.com/ibd-crohns-disease/crohns-disease/tc/crohns-disease-treatment-overview