Author Topic: burdened primitive breaks boycott  (Read 1160 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
burdened primitive breaks boycott
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:15:52 AM »
Hmmm.

I take it the burdened primitive doesn't like the Obamanation?

Tyler Durden  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 09:07 AM
Original message

I am breaking my boycott for one thread and one reason only:   

That reason is my unqualified support of and solidarity with the GLBT community, and my sorrow at their being once again dismissed on the national stage.

In my years of political activity since carrying a sign supporting Robert Kennedy, I have celebrated the successes of citizens of this nation that I have worked to support; the homeless, the disabled, people of color, non-union workers, farm workers...all who have slowly achieved some modicum of political and social equality in this country. They have battles yet to fight, but they have had advances.

But now, as one of the groups I have supported and who has worked so hard with all of these communities in the past once again is left to be minimized and discriminated against once again, I am filled with a sorrow that may eventually end my participation in national politics forever.

I am tired to my bones of mourning the friends I have lost to the closet, HIV, suicide and anonymity.

I am sick to death of the tyranny practiced in this country by the failure of politicians to support the basic tenant of the Constitution: Equal Treatment Under The Law.

I am angered beyond rage to see the justifications for excusing these behaviors in so-called political "leaders."

AND I am appalled beyond my ability to reason when I see others who claim to represent causes I have worked, sweat, and in some cases bled over, dismiss these fellow citizens in their fight for equality.

It is not enough to regret tacit support for bigotry.

It is not enough to support "separate but equal" treatment.

It is not enough to allow participation but deny identity.

Nothing is enough, except Equal Treatment Under The Law, and anything less is one more step down the road to the eventual, and I now believe inevitable, end of the Republic as we know it.

Without Equal Treatment Under The Law, nothing else makes any sense.

Today, as the members of the GLBT Community on this forum vent their rage at the failure of both the country and their fellow citizens to grant them their most basic rights as people in this society, I cannot share their discrimination as I don't share their identity, but I CAN do what I always have done, everyone here should do and has not done:

I stand in solidarity and support of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Community, and I vocally, monetarily, and PHYSICALLY stand with you in your fight, which is most truly a fight for the rights of us all. 

I'm confused.

What rights do I have, that the burdened primitive's friends don't have?

malta blue  (1000+ posts)       Wed Feb-13-08 09:09 AM
Response to Original message

1. great post Tyler Durden

The bonfire's dead; that's the whole thing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: burdened primitive breaks boycott
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:30:07 AM »
Homosexuals are in hissy fit mode because they are not being treated as the center of attention this election years.  The homosexuals do not understand how their agenda became the new "gun control".  How did the urgent Homosexual agenda become a political liability?  Hissy fits abound!

Homosexuals, always being the self-absorbed selfish prima donnas, cannot see things through to the end.  They cannot see how they are being pushed aside now for their greater good tomorrow.  Homosexuals cannot believe they have to give up the spotlight in order to be on stage. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: burdened primitive breaks boycott
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:57:29 AM »
Homosexuals are in hissy fit mode because they are not being treated as the center of attention this election years.  The homosexuals do not understand how their agenda became the new "gun control".  How did the urgent Homosexual agenda become a political liability?  Hissy fits abound!

Homosexuals, always being the self-absorbed selfish prima donnas, cannot see things through to the end.  They cannot see how they are being pushed aside now for their greater good tomorrow.  Homosexuals cannot believe they have to give up the spotlight in order to be on stage. 

Also, the Left has realized that:
1. Homosexuals are < 3% of the population, NOT the 10% they claim; and
2. The Left has their vote anyway.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.