Author Topic: Drama much?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Drama much?
« on: February 11, 2008, 09:46:01 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2849774

angrycarpenter  (754 posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 10:40 PM
Original message
Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
   Advertisements [?]

I sit here in front of a screen trying to find some true knowledge of the world.What I find is war, genocide, hatred, Famine, pestilence, and disease. Am I glutton for punishment or what?

What is it that requires me to take on the burdens and horrors of the world in some small way. I should start playing video games and watching spongebob instead of sitting in despair over some obscure phrase in the latest bill before congress. Maybe I would not be a nervous wreck.

Perhaps I should start watching Nascar or follow a sports team. Maybe I should turn off c-span and turn on ET. If I worked as hard at being uninformed as I do to stay informed I could be blissful in ignorance.

But something will not let me turn away from it no matter how horrible it gets. I want to see the body pile so that I cannot take it for granted. I want to know all about the tyrants so that I will know them when I see them. I want to see past the lies because I like to believe that I am nobody's fool.

I am a bleeding heart liberal. I cannot help it. The pain of the world is like a constant pressure on my skull. I have a hard time really enjoying myself because I feel guilty for it.

Is it possible to care too much? How do people manage to shut it out and have a happy life?

:whatever:

Just posted,should be a good one. :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Drama much?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:02:29 PM »
These people are mental.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:08:25 PM »
IIRC, the only ones attempting genocide these days are in the Sudan, or Muslim... The islamofascist creed demands genocide of us infidels...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:10:35 PM »
angrycarpenter  (754 posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 10:40 PM
Original message
   Advertisements [?]

I sit here in front of a screen trying to find some true knowledge of the world.What I find is war, genocide, hatred, Famine, pestilence, and disease. Am I glutton for punishment or what?

Not really.  War, genocide, hatred, Famine, pestilence, and disease has always been a part of the human condition and it most likely always will be.  You thinking it is something new and unique makes you kind of too stupid to be commenting.  

Try being a realist for a while instead of being an ideologists.  You will soon understand the world and not be mired in the ignorance that makes you so miserable.  There really is more things beautiful about the world than ugly things.  You need to pay attention to those things too.  That will require you too look at individuals instead of groups, so I don't know if you can handle it, but try.    

What is it that requires me to take on the burdens and horrors of the world in some small way. I should start playing video games and watching spongebob instead of sitting in despair over some obscure phrase in the latest bill before congress. Maybe I would not be a nervous wreck.

Don't bother.  You wouldn't understand them either.

Perhaps I should start watching Nascar or follow a sports team. Maybe I should turn off c-span and turn on ET. If I worked as hard at being uninformed as I do to stay informed I could be blissful in ignorance.

If the conclusions you have arrived at are the product of you staying informed, I can't imagine what would happen to you if you decide to work at being ignorant.  Your involuntary body functions may cease.

But something will not let me turn away from it no matter how horrible it gets. I want to see the body pile so that I cannot take it for granted. I want to know all about the tyrants so that I will know them when I see them. I want to see past the lies because I like to believe that I am nobody's fool.

That's because misery is the only emotion that lets you know you are alive.  Happiness is so foreign to you, it would kill you.  

I am a bleeding heart liberal. I cannot help it. The pain of the world is like a constant pressure on my skull. I have a hard time really enjoying myself because I feel guilty for it.

Being a liberal has nothing to do with "feeling" the pain of the world.  Liberalism is about dishonesty.  If you were an honest person you would admit that liberalism causes most of the suffering in the world.  

Is it possible to care too much? How do people manage to shut it out and have a happy life?

No, it's not possible to "care too much".  It is possible, inside your mentally ill mind, to fool yourself into believing your phonyass "caring" is what is creating your state of misery, which is really your euphoric state, and you wouldn't have it any other way.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:12:11 PM by Lord Undies »

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »

definite sig line and bumper sticker material.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 12:38:51 AM »
Well it's a good thing I'm a little oppressed white Christian woman...if I was a smart liberal man and knew what was REALLY going on in the world I might get depressed.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:32 AM »
The question that has to be asked is, is all that self-flagellation helping anything? Does it feed a starving child or bring justice to the oppressed? Is it possible to be concerned for the welfare of others without hating yourself for not having those same problems?

This is the mindset of a DUmbass. The mere fact of being miserable is a noble attribute. You don't have to actually do anything as long as you "feel their pain". If we could just bring everyone down to the same level of mediocrity and misery, all would be right with the World.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 05:29:43 AM »
Whiny little EmoCrat.

Why don't you write some bad poetry and then get naked and post it on youtube ? I'm sure you'll feel better afterward.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 05:46:01 AM »
The question that has to be asked is, is all that self-flagellation helping anything? Does it feed a starving child or bring justice to the oppressed? Is it possible to be concerned for the welfare of others without hating yourself for not having those same problems?

This is the mindset of a DUmbass. The mere fact of being miserable is a noble attribute. You don't have to actually do anything as long as you "feel their pain". If we could just bring everyone down to the same level of mediocrity and misery, all would be right with the World.

I could not think of how I wanted to word a response, but dand you summed up my thoughts to a tee.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 06:24:06 AM »
angrycarpenter  (754 posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 10:40 PM
Original message
   Advertisements [?]

No, you are just a plain old "Idiot."  In the hands of Left-wing politicians, you are what is known as a "Useful idiot."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:38:32 AM »
What I find is war, genocide, hatred, Famine, pestilence, and disease. Am I glutton for punishment or what?

This stuff isn't "finding" you, you are looking for it moron, and if you search for it out there,  you will find it  :whatever:

If you get your head out of your ass, you might find things much less deprecating. There is more than gloom and doom out there  :loser:

Disclaimer: I mistakenly made this look like a comment made by our wonderful Carl, and what I quoted was the MOONBAT. My deepest apologies Carl  :bow:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 07:42:48 AM »
What I find is war, genocide, hatred, Famine, pestilence, and disease. Am I glutton for punishment or what?

This stuff isn't "finding" you, you are looking for it moron, and if you search for it out there,  you will find it  :whatever:

If you get your head out of your ass, you might find things much less deprecating. There is more than gloom and doom out there  :loser:

Disclaimer: I mistakenly made this look like a comment made by our wonderful Carl, and what I quoted was the MOONBAT. My deepest apologies Carl  :bow:

Awww, don't you go spoiling the incensed woodsmith's fine whine!! :bawl: 

It's his only joy in life, to spread his misery unto others!!! :loser:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 07:52:40 AM »
Here's a start, DUmmie, start off small. Try getting the Lions of Africa to stop fighting each other and killing for food. Tell'em veggies do their body good or some shit like that. Once you've accomplished that task, we'll talk.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »
What a load of pseudo-intellectual swill. 
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »
Isn't this the same DUmmie who's been making all those "white male privilege" lists? Maybe someone should tell him it's a little early in the year to start auditioning for the DUmmie of the year.

Cindie