Author Topic: They think security is a joke.  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
They think security is a joke.
« on: February 11, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2848532

trof  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-11-08 06:30 PM
Original message
I know how to make the Iraq 'War' drastically less expensive.
   Advertisements [?]

I think I just had one of them epiphany thangs.

They been tellin' us that "We need to fight 'em over there so we don't have to fight em over here".
They got it backwards.

We NEED to fight 'em right...over...HERE!
Here's why:
1. It's INCREDIBLY expensive to haul all those soldiers and equipment 'over there'. It costs in the brazillions of dollars to do that. If we fight 'em over here 99% of that cost of transportation vanishes.

2. It's INCREDIBLY expensive to support our troops 'over there'. We can feed and house them much cheaper right here.

3. Global Warming/Pollution - All that JP-4 (jet fuel) and oil we're burning to get planes and ships and everything and everyone 'over there' and back?
Not any more.

4. Fewer 'enemy combatants'.
How many Iraqis/Afghanis/Al Queda/insurgents/suicide bombers/snipers do you think could actually afford to come 'over here'?
Not too effin' many, I'll tell ya.
Will they be able to pay extra to check a second bag?
No way.
These guys, if they have a job at all, make about $3 a YEAR!

5. Easier ID of the 'bad guys'.
'Over there', they look just like everybody else.
'Over here' they'd kind of stand out, don't-cha think?
I mean how many cab drivers can New York absorb and assimilate?

So there it is folks.
We don't WANT to fight 'em over there.
That's a losing proposition.
Let's fight 'em over here where there won't be near as many of 'em and we can find 'em easier.

This is a no-brainer.
Your comments will be given every consideration.
Thank you.

These are the people that want to be in control of national security. :thatsright:

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 06:35 PM
Response to Original message
3. My dear trof!   
   I believe you're onto something!

K&R

Bunny  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 06:37 PM
4. Great idea! The soldiers could go home on the weekends!

IzaSparrow  (599 posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 06:40 PM
Response to Reply #4
7. HAHAHAHA

flvegan  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 06:46 PM
9. trof 4 prez!
   And on to the Greatest!

GloriaSmith  (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 06:47 PM
10. The trick is getting the Iraqi's to come over here
   Damn those lazy Iraqi's. They'll probably be soooo self absorbed in doing stupid things like rebuilding their homes and roads and stuff that they'll completely forget out us. Can't they stop fussing over their broken infrastructure for one freakin' second to think about US and our needs???

And after all the attention we paid them all these years...and so close to Valentine's Day.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Jeffersons Ghost (1000+ posts)         Mon Feb-11-08 07:37 PM
21. K&R too funny for words!

Scary stuff. :censored:

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: They think security is a joke.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:13:03 PM »
How many Iraqis/Afghanis/Al Queda/insurgents/suicide bombers/snipers do you think could actually afford to come 'over here'?

Enough to hijack 4 airplanes. :banghead: :banghead:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:18:16 PM »

what sort of price tag do you put on 3,000 americans?  is that the equation that is being drawn here?  what about another 3,000 americans, or perhaps even more? 

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »

Enough to hijack 4 airplanes. :banghead: :banghead:

Yeah, and that was with 19 people (actually supposed to be 20).  So if they sent even just 1000 people over, that's 200 airplanes hijacked.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »
Damn that No Military Draft thing.  It is driving them over the edge at this late stage of the Bush Administration. 

The moonbats have to conjer up more and more wacky crap to justify their hatred for the USA.  None of it would be necessary if we just had a darn draft.  Dammit.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
Damn that No Military Draft thing.  It is driving them over the edge at this late stage of the Bush Administration. 

The moonbats have to conjer up more and more wacky crap to justify their hatred for the USA.  None of it would be necessary if we just had a darn draft.  Dammit.

can't blame charlie rangel.  he tried.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:59:52 PM »

I know.  The rethugicans would have probably helped him. 

This "antiwar" movement is so without an anchor.  Without the draft, they are protesting the freedom of individuals to enlist, and that is such a no-win platform.   It's like protesting the circus for making the Human cannonball perform. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:12:48 PM »

This "antiwar" movement is so without an anchor.  Without the draft, they are protesting the freedom of individuals to enlist, and that is such a no-win platform.   It's like protesting the circus for making the Human cannonball perform. 

you know, now that you mention it, all those anti-war freshmen representatives and senators that were just elected in the mini tsunami that swept the dems into power . . . . . sort of just disappeared right off the face of the earth, didn't they?

just off the top pf my head . . .

after his firearms violation, where is jim webb?  or that kid that played for TN, sucked for the redskins, and vanished from the NFL?  or that mildly retarded man that somehow beat rick santorum?  where did these people disappear to?

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:34:56 PM »

you know, now that you mention it, all those anti-war freshmen representatives and senators that were just elected in the mini tsunami that swept the dems into power . . . . . sort of just disappeared right off the face of the earth, didn't they?

just off the top pf my head . . .

after his firearms violation, where is jim webb?  or that kid that played for TN, sucked for the redskins, and vanished from the NFL?  or that mildly retarded man that somehow beat rick santorum?  where did these people disappear to?

Those folks were just a few names on a day-glo poster.  They were only evident when the lights were off.  Most of the democrat newcomers are in congress because they ran as Ronald Reagan's ghost.   They ran as conservatives and have to act like conservatives or they are out of there in nine months.   That is what the MSM won't tell the feeble-minded masses.

The new and predictable meme is that conservatism is dead and George W. Bush killed it.   That is SOOOOOOOO ridiculous.  That is like saying glamour is dead and Phyllis Diller killed it.   

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 01:43:33 AM »

what sort of price tag do you put on 3,000 americans?  is that the equation that is being drawn here?  what about another 3,000 americans, or perhaps even more? 

Ah, what's few thousand dead Americans now and then, as long as the world still loves us and Halliburton isn't making money?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 01:56:32 AM »

Would you really want the likes of DUmmy trof going against the enemy??? I think he'd (or any other DUmmy) would more than likely point their rifles the other way. Wouldn't put it past them in the least bit.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 05:19:00 AM »
5. Easier ID of the 'bad guys'.
'Over there', they look just like everybody else.
'Over here' they'd kind of stand out, don't-cha think?

I mean how many cab drivers can New York absorb and assimilate?

That sounds somewhat like profiling and you loons are supposed to hate profiling. Remember, if a 20+ year old muslim of mideastern descent with a suitcase with wires hanging out of it is standing next to an 80 year old English granny with a hand purse, we must assume that the granny is the potential terrorist. To do otherwise would be profiling, and profiling is wrong.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 05:43:13 AM »

WE, the next attack will cost far more lives.  But, that might be what it takes to make the American people wake up.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 06:47:37 AM »

WE, the next attack will cost far more lives.  But, that might be what it takes to make the American people wake up.
Unfortunately, you are probably right.  The price of poker just keeps rising.

People like the DUmpers get inured to the number, and rationalize it away, never realizing that next time , it may be 30,000, or 300,000.  One successful WMD attack in a major city will not only result in horrific physical carnage, but will deal the economy a devastating blow that will make the Great Depression look like a bull market.

The fact that we have not been successfully attacked since 911 doesn't mean that they've stopped trying.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 09:20:03 AM »
They won't be happy until there is another attack on US soil.  This truly is the advanced stages of BDS.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.