Author Topic: Election theft 2008, the perfect crime  (Read 1323 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Election theft 2008, the perfect crime
« on: February 10, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »
pnorman  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-08-08 03:46 PM
Original message
"Election theft 2008, the perfect crime: 300 million witnesses and nobody saw nuttin'"
Here's one link to that: http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/cgi-bin/blogs/voices.php/2008/02/04/election_theft_2008_the_perfect_crime_30

This was posted on a listserve concerning my union, but the URL didn't come through. I found it by Google and reposted it to that group. But when I clicked on that URL in my own message, it took me to a screen that said:

****************************************************************************************************
"403 Forbidden
Please stop referer spam.

We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.

If you feel this is an error, please bypass this message and leave us a comment about the error. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are actually doing referer spam, please note that this website/b2evolution no longer records and publishes referers. Not even legitimate ones! While we understand it was fun for you guys while it lasted, please understand our servers cannot take the load of all this cumulated spam any longer... Thank you.

Also, please note that comment/trackback submitted URLs will be tagged with rel="nofollow" in order to be ignored by search engines.
****************************************************************************************************

Ultimately, I was able though to get to the site from that screen. I get mucho Spam these days, but had NEVER seen this message until now. And I'm pretty well familiar with the "Alex Jones" sort of websites by now, but this one appears to be a lot closer to authentic investigative journalism. And having been TV-free for over a decade, I'm NOT the target audience this website is reporting on.

I don't recall seeing anything on this on DU. Any comments?

pnorman

Extract from the link in the OP:
The great election theft of 2008 began months ago as the "unelectable" candidates were identified, branded, demonized, ridiculed and eventually weeded out one by one. It ended on January 30 when John Edwards, resurgent neo-populist and the last remaining bane of status quo oligarchs, dropped out of the Democratic presidential race.

Only six states had a chance to make their selections known before Edwards ended his campaign; residents in the other 44 have no progressive alternative on the ballot. With "super Tuesday" coming up, millions of voters will be asked to choose among candidates from the moderate right, the corporate right, the religiously insane right or the Curtis LeMay right.

So, through deft manipulation of voter attitudes by mass media, status quo corporatists and oligarchs can't really lose. This outcome may not meet the standard for election theft, but the results speak for themselves. Our ruling aristocracy has hijacked another critical election cycle, and they didn't even need electronic vote switching, voter caging, voter roll purging, deceptive mailers, stolen or destroyed ballots, access to proprietary source code, hacking for the GOP or simple understaffing in progressive precincts. At least not yet.

link

Stolen election!!111!!ELEVENTY

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Election theft 2008, the perfect crime
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »
So, through deft manipulation of voter attitudes by mass media

In other words..."Lots of people are just too STUPID to agree with me so the election has been stolen from me."

:whatever:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Election theft 2008, the perfect crime
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »
So, through deft manipulation of voter attitudes by mass media

In other words..."Lots of people are just too STUPID to agree with me so the election has been stolen from me."

:whatever:

Yeah thats about right....  :-)  Stupid DUmmies.