Author Topic: Republicans will never be cool.  (Read 3436 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: Republicans will never be cool.
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:59:11 AM »
Yeah he said Ronald Reagan was the “best pres in my lifetime”

Rest in Peace Johnny  :cheersmate:

Watch The End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones if you get a chance. Musical genius! Even shows his "God Bless President Bush" when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. My husband, who was a child of the 60's won't let listen to them when he's in the same room unless it's with my MP3 player. He says they're too discordant and you can't understand what they're saying.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »
Watch The End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones if you get a chance. Musical genius! Even shows his "God Bless President Bush" when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. My husband, who was a child of the 60's won't let listen to them when he's in the same room unless it's with my MP3 player. He says they're too discordant and you can't understand what they're saying.

Cindie

"Blitzkrieg Bop" is pretty good . . . and I can sorta understand what they're singing.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »

Cindie

I listen to the Ramones when I clean my abode.  The music gets the old heart going.

Funny, I can understand everything they are saying.  :-)

I have Ramones "Anthology" on CD.  It has all my favorites except "We're a Happy Family"

I really like that one.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »
When I was growing up, the "cool kids" hung out late, disrespected authority in numerous minor ways, and smoked cigarettes.  My parents didn't raise me that way.  So, even though I was picked on pretty good as a HSer, I didn't exactly aspire to be "cool."  (What I aspired to do was to get into some hot girl's pants, but that wasn't happening.)

Now, there's people who look up to me at work and at the day care (of my daughter).  Why, I haven't the slightest.  I just go on going on and I'm not really that concerned about images.  Come to think of it, I like being who I am.  I'm glad that there's only one of me, though.  If there were clones of me, I'd have to hunt them down and kill them--I don't like competition.  :evillaugh: :tongue: :beer:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »
.....And lefty moonbats will never be attractive.

All the comments were spot on.  Cool comes from self confidence and the knowledge that you are on the right side of things. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 06:48:19 PM »
welcome to Junior High School

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »
Steve McQueen, nah he wasn't cool.  Cary Grant?  Nope.  How about Walt or Roy Disney?  Nope, they weren't cool either.

As if "Cool" is something to aspire to?

They wouldn't know "cool" if it bit them on their lazy arse.

That was a serious thread at DU?  Friggin hell.  The dow plumets close to 6,000 today and they are flouting about how "cool" dems are?  That just shows how incredibly ill-equipped they truly are to handle anything remotely close to running a country.  Damn.
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 08:51:25 AM »
Drunken Irishman (1000+ posts)        Fri Feb-27-09 03:30 PM
Original message
Republicans will never be cool.

And Democrats will never be solvent.  I'll take uncool.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »

And Democrats will never be solvent.  I'll take uncool.
H5
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »
Hey I'm cool.....VERY cool.   :naughty:

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »

I thought you were hot.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »

Coming from almost ANY other woman BEG, the natural response to that would be, "The word is frigid, honey".   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 06:01:52 AM »
Speaking strictly for myself, I am so uncool, I am actually cool. If I do say so, myself.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 06:06:15 AM »
Robert Duvall, James Woods, Dennis Hopper, Chuck Norris...

Nope.  Not cool.

Dennis Hopper? Seriously? Got documentation? I thought was way out left. Maybe his movies led me to think that.

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 01:33:50 PM »
Dennis Hopper? Seriously? Got documentation? I thought was way out left. Maybe his movies led me to think that.

There's this

Switch to Conservatism:
After emerging from rehab in 1980, Hopper became interested in politics. He has said that he was fed up with the direction the country was going under the Democrats and decided that Republicans needed to return to power. He began to espouse feelings of less government and more individual freedom, and joined the Republican party, since he believed they best embodied that philosophy. He voted for Reagan in 1984 and for George H.W. Bush in 1988 and 1992. In 2000, he supported George W. Bush for president and in 2004, he not only voted to re-elect Bush, he donated money to the campaign.

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/hollywoodconservatives/p/DennisHopperBIO.htm

He supported McCain early in 2008 but changed his support to the big zero because he did not like Sarah Palin.

I guess he must be gay or something.