Author Topic: Family ‘horrified’ by ‘polite notice’ restaurant staff hands out  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Family ‘horrified’ by ‘polite notice’ restaurant staff hands out
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/05/03/family-horrified-by-polite-notice-restaurant-staff-hands-out.html

A Nepalese restaurant in the UK has left a bad taste in a one family’s mouth after handing out a card informing parents to keep their children quiet while dining.

The restaurant, Nepalese Chef, in Gloucester has issued the laminated "polite notice" several times to families with small children, and claims no one else has been upset.

I really hate it when children run lose at a restaurant and the parents are not there.

It is annoying and dangerous.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:56:46 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Don’t like it?  Don’t eat there.

So many pussies nowadays, and it’s not just an American problem, evidently.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

Don’t like it?  Don’t eat there.

So many pussies nowadays, and it’s not just an American problem, evidently.

KC

Or parents can control their brats.

If I go to a nice sit-down restaurant I expect to be able to enjoy my meal in peace.  In fact that is what I pay for in addition to just food.  Why should I be evicted from my meal because parents don't know how to teach their children manners and decorum in public places?

Here is a better idea: if you aren't a good enough parent to control your kids then get your food to go or go to Chuck E Cheeze or MacDonalds, so your family does not disturb the many patrons who pay a premium to enjoy their meal.

Your kind of thinking is what creates self-indulgent self-important brats like that hogg kid.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

Once upon a time parents knew to respect other diners and taught their children to do the same. My wife and I "practiced" in fast-food places where a bit more noise is expected, letting our kids know that we would take then out to the car to calm down or leave the place if necessary. By the time we took them to places nicer than Denny's they knew how to behave properly and did.

It's sad that this UK restaurant had to hand out notes like that. It all but certainly indicates that they had had one or more (probably) bad experiences with out of control kids and parents doing nothing about it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Well, according to the article, there was only the one family that caused the uproar.

Isn't that typical of the way we respond to problems? Somebody's panties get in a wad and we fall all over ourselves catering to that single complainant.

It looks to me like the restaurant owners have done a risk analysis and have concluded that the risk of offending a single customer does not outweigh the risk of allowing kids to run around the restaurant like a bunch of Chucky Cheesers.

Furthermore, I might be off target here, but I'd say that generally, the decorum and general demeanor of those eating out in the UK might be a little more subdued than we find here.

Case in point - yesterday I went to a Chili's restaurant to eat a meal. Sat at the bar, because I was by myself. The restaurant was so damned loud I couldn't even hear the person sitting next to me as we engaged in a bit of chit-chat. And it had nothing to do with unruly kids -- it had everything to do with there being a lot of people and a lot of activity.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
One restaurant had to kick a family out because of children running lose.
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=90974.msg1133433
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!

Your kind of thinking is what creates self-indulgent self-important brats like that hogg kid.

If that was directed at me, you misunderstood what I was saying. I never let my kids run roughshod over any public establishment. Manners begin at home.

I was addressing my comments to the crybaby who didn’t like getting the note. Why complain?  Either fix your problem or don’t go back.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen