Author Topic: US carries out air strikes in Syria targeting Iranian backed militia structures  (Read 816 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Stinky The Clown (62,864 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215159070

US carries out air strikes in Syria targeting Iranian backed militia structures

(CNN)The US military struck a site in Syria on Thursday used by two Iranian-backed militia groups following rocket attacks on American forces in the region in the past two weeks, according to a US official.

The strikes mark the military's first known action under President Joe Biden. The site was not specifically tied to the rocket attacks, but were believed to be used by Iranian-backed Shia militias operating in the region.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said that the strikes took place "at President Biden's direction" and were authorized not just to respond to recent attacks against American and coalition forces, but to deal with "ongoing threats to those personnel."

Kirby said that Biden conducted the strikes after consulting with US allies, including coalition partners.

this should be interesting...

Do the DUmpmonkiez support Biden's explanation of the war or protest the killing of innocent Iranian backed militias...

:popcorn:

Star Member walkingman (2,662 posts)

1. I'm personally tired of the US being the world's policeman.

Star Member 7wo7rees (4,234 posts)

2. Just good god damned it!! What happened to diplomacy 1st??

This is not OK!! Not at all!! Only 6 weeks in!!
GD, GD, GD!!

Ms 7wo7rees

keithbvadu2 (19,688 posts)

3. Do the Russians still have the ex-American base that Trump abandoned to them undamaged?

Do the Russians still have the ex-American base that Trump abandoned to them undamaged?

What airbases are these?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Hey DUmbasses....

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Wow.  The sparkling old dude turned out a warmonger.

Who would have thought?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

What airbases are these?

The ones that are next to the apartment in their minds where President Trump lives rent free
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline landofconfusion80

Now come on guys...TPTB (gosh I hope the primitives can decifer that one) have alot of unprovoked aggression to catch up on after 4 years
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

Wow.  The sparkling old dude turned out a warmonger.

Who would have thought?

Syria's and Libya's descents into Hell-hole chaos were set off by OhBummer!, so of course Stinker supports this apparent escalation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Does anybody really think that The Manchurian Candidate currently sitting in the Oval Office knew what he was signing when the orders for this airstrike on Syria was put in front of him? I sure as hell don't.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Does anybody really think that The Manchurian Candidate currently sitting in the Oval Office knew what he was signing when the orders for this airstrike on Syria was put in front of him? I sure as hell don't.

See attached
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline I_B_Perky

Star Member walkingman (2,662 posts)

1. I'm personally tired of the US being the world's policeman.

Then why did you howl like some four legged creature had your balls in its mouth when Ex President Trump tried to extricate us from mid east wars?

Liar.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline I_B_Perky

Syria's and Libya's descents into Hell-hole chaos were set off by OhBummer!, so of course Stinker supports this apparent escalation.

Yep... and it was obumbles that called Isis/Isil/Daesh the JV team... and  they weren't.  Never saw that blared on the front page of the NY Times nor did I see it on the nightly news.

Dems also got us into Vietnam and Korea.  Seems like the dem presidents are warmongers and racists cause they want to kill dark and yellow skinned folk and can't seem to prosecute a war to the end unless it involves the USA running away.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
See attached

So...do you think Quid Pro Joe will make it to 2022 before getting removed from office via the 25th Amendment?

I don't.

Offline DLR Pyro

See attached

Very dangerous ground they are treading on
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
So...do you think Quid Pro Joe will make it to 2022 before getting removed from office via the 25th Amendment?

I don't.

If they can get him just passed 2 years that will allow Cumalla Harris maximum time to steal the next 2 elections and max out the constitutional limit of 10 years (until she uses her stolen elections to get a rubber stamp congress to undo term limits).
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
If we’re going to have a Dem prez, then I want them to act like a Dem prez so the nation and the world can see what that really means. Bombing Syria isn’t it.

Dems need to go back to publicly apologizing for the USA even existing (much less having a military), consulting with Marxist nations as to what they want us to do, and generally being as limp-wrested as possible on the international stage. These would be the acts of true lib/prog leadership in America.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

OK, I'm trying to see the connection from the rocket attack in Iraq.

* Rocket attack in Iraq, some US people killed.

* The US believes they know what group did it.

* The US believes the group is backed by Iran.

* How is bombing an Iran-backed group in Syria retaliatory?

Instead, why not bomb/shell/etc. the group that did the rocket attack?

Instead, why not take out another high ranking Iranian military leader?

As one of the TV judges often says, "When a story doesn't make sense, it's because it isn't true. IMO, it looks like Biden used the rocket attack in Iraq as a pretext to resurrect OhBummer!'s failed attempt to oust Assad. Biden does not give a shit that Obama's F-ups made Libya and Syria Hell-holes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!

I don't.

I agree, but that brings about the question of how they will go about doing it. To normal people it would probably hurt them to remove their own lunatic. Of course, I guess that doesn't matter as much when you control most of the media and know the trick of working voting loopholes and machines.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.