Author Topic: White Privilege and appropration question.  (Read 255 times)

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
White Privilege and appropration question.
« on: February 27, 2021, 10:33:20 AM »
Even though I am a fictional spirit-guide with access to some wisdom, I freely admit that I am not omniscient; therefore, I am constantly seeking knowledge to help in my field of fictionally spirit-guiding others. I’ve recently encountered something that has me at a loss so I really need some help from outside sources. While I would love some DUers to answer as they are the self-proclaimed most intelligent people in this galaxy, I’m sure they are somewhat terrified to appear here so I’ll accept answers from anyone.

I realize that all white people, from the poorest of the poor to the richest of the rich, have white privilege. Said white privilege gives them a totally unfair upper-hand in all things in life. From making money to growing butter beans to taking a leak in the woods. The fact that all white people have this white privilege and it benefits them even more than a race card is all established liberal science. Please keep this all in mind as I muddle toward my question.

Just recently I read an article on Yahoo where a model named Amelia Gray Hamlin, who is white, had posted some photos of herself with her skin appearing darker than normal. I suppose there’s a “whiteness skin color chart” that exists somewhere that determines such things, but that would be another discussion. Anyway, people are accusing her of “blackfishing”.

The term “blackfishing”, which I had never even heard of until today, was created by a “black culture writer”. It is claimed to be a subset of “cultural appropriation”. It supposedly allows a more privileged person to capitalize off of historically oppressed groups.

Here comes my question, if white privilege is so great why would this white girl try to look something other than white? For that matter, why would Rachel Dolezal, a white woman, try so hard to pass herself off as black and why would mixed raced individuals who could easily pass as white instead choose to identify as black? Why would all these individuals freely give up all of their wonderful white privilege?

That brings to mind another question. I’ve seen white women who tightly curl their hair be accused of cultural appropriation. If that is indeed cultural appropriation, is black women straightening their hair also cultural appropriation? Or is it like most lib things where there are different rules for everyone depending on skin color or party affiliation? If you apply different rules to people based upon their skin color would that not be the definition of racism?

Thank you for your time and may any female male human cats you encounter be flea free.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.