Author Topic: So as a black man...  (Read 622 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So as a black man...
« on: May 24, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
GusFring (580 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213479995

So as a black man Im noticing something disturbing. Many in my community want to Hold their vote hostage. But hold it hostage from 1 party. And multi millionaires like Diddy and Ice Cube are starting to push this. So basically only 1 party is being held accountable. When Mitch McConnell tells you his only objective is for Barack Obama to fail, you think he cares about helping the black community? Day by day I lose a lil more hope each day in this country being great again. Just frustrating.

any bets that this chump is really black?

HipChick (24,156 posts)

2. What does Diddy and Ice Cube have to do with anything?

They don't speak for the black community...

:rotf:

superpatriotman (4,579 posts)

13. They are both millionaires

They should vote republican

Any one who is not a millionaire should vote Democrat.

:lmao:

Star Member lunatica (48,211 posts)

4. The way I see it the time to strike is when the iron is hot

It doesn’t matter what your movement is. Right now is a once in historical opportunity to create the world we want because the old paradigm is failing fast. Those who don’t take advantage of this will be left behind.

As tragic as this pandemic is, it’s destruction of the old models is still an opportunity for those who want to create a better future.

Star Member lostnfound (13,859 posts)

5. I don't worry about how black people vote. We whites on the other hand...

If we Whites counted only “three-fifths“ as much, we might have had several other fine presidents.

Star Member helpisontheway (3,036 posts)

7. Diddy did that in 2016. I do not trust him. He has been in NYC for years and probably has close ties

Star Member helpisontheway (3,036 posts)

12. He is always saying to hold the black vote hostage..Our vote is not free..For people not to be scared about Trump. He is saying we can't trust politicians period. That we need to hold Biden accountable to changing things in the black community. Basically the same thing that happened with that breakfast interview the other day.

All of that might be true. The democrats might be taking the vote for granted.

However, Trump is a danger to every single citizen. We must get him out.

Biden is better than Trump any day of the week. I truly believe he will surround himself with good people and work to help people of color. He has strong ties to the community.

The thing is people like Diddy have power within the black community. I believe they are part of the reason that black people did not vote in large numbers last time. Plus (from conversations that I have had) I believe that many blacks were pissed at the way Hillary treated Barack during 2008.

It was a really nasty campaign and people were pissed. Hell..I was pissed but I still voted for her.

I knew Trump was the equivalent to the devil and that Clinton would have been the most qualified president ever.

I think black people learned last time not to stay home. Boy have they learned about Trump. HOPEFULLY, they will not listen to people like DIDDY that essentially wants them to take a stand regardless of the consequences. Trump is too much of a danger to take that chance.

Boy, howdy, the blacks have sure learned that Trump does what, exactly? Lowers unemployment of the black community to the lowest ever? If it wasn't for shutting the country down we'd still be booming away.

Joe has been in the government for 25 years... Has it gotten better for the black community under Joe's watch?

Hillary would have been better than barry? Is that what you are saying?

:rotf:

Star Member Skittles (128,351 posts)

17. OK thanks

I absolutely DO believe the black vote has been taken for granted but I'm hopeful that Biden and many others learned this lesson from the last election.....we will see. I do wish Biden would think more about what he says. As far as Hillary goes, it was a CAMPAIGN and stuff happens. To allow someone like Trump to be president as some kind of punishment was sickening.

Tom Rinaldo (20,837 posts)

16. What can I say?

Both in 2016 and 2020 it was Black primary voters who were mostly responsible for picking the Democratic Party nominee when the nomination was on the line. This year especially. We had both highly qualified African American male and female Senators running for the nomination who failed to gain much traction among Black voters in the primaries. Joe Biden was on the verge of losing the nomination to Bernie Sanders this year before African American voters in South Carolina turned it around for him. In essence, out of a large potential field that also included a well qualified Hispanic candidate, Black voters this year in large part ensured that Joe Biden became our nominee. If I had any notable influence with Black voters I would be using it for Biden now, but frankly, I don't.

It isn't easy to go up against those who feel they can't be asked to compromise their vote yet again. As a Sanders supporter, I spent a lot of time in 2016 working to persuade Bernie or Busters that we could not allow Donald Trump into the White House, and that we could carry on our fight for a more progressive agenda AFTER he was defeated. I am prepared to take on that same battle again this year with progressive activists who feel that Joe Biden is too establishment for them, but I don't have the standing to be persuasive in your community. Hopefully it's a battle you and other brothers and sisters can take on. We can not afford to fail.

oldsoftie (4,047 posts)

19. Only ONE thing matters; do you want 4 more years of Trump or not?

If not, then quit insisting on getting everything you want. Here's a clue; nobody ever does.

Wanderlust988 (45 posts)

20. It's disturbing that Ice Cube and Diddy think they control who I vote for

I'm a black man and will proudly cast my vote for Biden in November! I'll walk over hot coals to go vote for him.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: So as a black man...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 05:16:23 PM »
Ima gonna stay on dis here plantation no madder whats!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 05:25:05 PM »
Quimbo sez wut?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 06:15:08 PM »
superpatriotman (4,579 posts)

Any one who is not a millionaire should vote Democrat.

You don't have to be rich to believe in equality and fairness. That is why I am conservative. Greed and jealousy are the standard for the left.

They claim they want justice and fairness, but they really want to take what they never earned nor deserved.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
Any bets that this chump is really black?

By the way, has MrsCorpio weighed in yet on this issue?

I had a dream the other night where I was on the railway to Heaven, and Lamond was the Pullman porter, all neatly outfitted in white.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 01:01:44 AM »
By the way, has MrsCorpio weighed in yet on this issue?

I had a dream the other night where I was on the railway to Heaven, and Lamond was the Pullman porter, all neatly outfitted in white.

Nope. He hasn't shown up in a while.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 12:24:15 PM »
"superpatriotman (4,579 posts)

Any one who is not a millionaire should vote Democrat."

Um, the Democrats have LOADS of millionaire supporters, such as the Kennedys, the Kerrys (After John married into money, that is), Al Gore (This "champion of the environment" owns a ginormous Nashville mansion that uses up more electricity in a single month than the average American household uses in an entire year), the whole army of ultraliberal Hollywood celebrities, and of course George Soros.
The thing is, they keep from spending more money on taxes by hiring high- profile accountants who can help them exploit all kinds of quasi- legal loopholes within the tax code. It's why so many celebrities have in the past gotten in trouble with the IRS (i.e. Willie Nelson, Mike Tyson, Wesley Snipes), when some of their scams along those lines don't work out.