Author Topic: Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last year to near decade-high  (Read 241 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last year to near decade-high
https://justthenews.com/nation/economy/commercial-foreclosures-increase-97-last-year-near-decade-high

Commercial real estate foreclosures in the U.S. increased 97% in January 2024 compared to last year, reaching a high that has not been seen in nearly a decade, according to new data.

With 635 commercial foreclosures in January 2024, foreclosures increased 17% from December 2023 and 97% from January 2023, according to a report last week from property data analyst ATTOM.

The last time that commercial foreclosures were this high was in May 2015, per agency data

"This uptick signifies not just a return to pre-pandemic activity levels but also underscores the ongoing adjustments within the commercial real estate sector as it navigates through a landscape transformed by evolving business practices and consumer behaviors," ATTOM CEO Rob Barber said.

Commercial real estate foreclosure is highest since 2015.

Here is the data source.
https://www.attomdata.com/news/most-recent/u-s-commercial-foreclosures-increase-in-january-2024/
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last year to near decade-high
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 12:05:57 PM »
With stores closing and offices, emptying and people refusing to go to crime ridden areas, infested with homeless to work or shop. It’s a given at the commercial real estate market will collapse.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!