Author Topic: Mac versus PC ?  (Read 2642 times)

Offline thundley4

Mac versus PC ?
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Mac versus PC ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18:48 PM »
With the introduction of Windows 7, I think that the PCs will still rule the market. Macs are for those that THINK they're getting something better, but in reality, they're not. Many PCs are as capable, if not MORE capable of rendering graphics than Macs, which used to be the Macs #1 selling reason. The new PC I plan to build will cost me somewhere around $600 by the time it's said and done, maybe a little more.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
I've never checked, but are upgrade components like memory and video cards more expensive for Macs?

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:35:11 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I believe so. Mac's are now Pentiums with the Mac OS.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 05:26:44 PM »
Far as I understand it, these days a Mac is a PC in terms of architecture (hardware). The difference comes in the actual manufacturer of the internal components, OS (a bastardized version of linux) and the cutsey little Apple logo.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
Far as I understand it, these days a Mac is a PC in terms of architecture (hardware). The difference comes in the actual manufacturer of the internal components, OS (a bastardized version of linux) and the cutsey little Apple logo.

Don't forget the price, and the snob factor involved.