Author Topic: URGENT: Tsunami Warning After Strong Quake Hits Alaska  (Read 750 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
URGENT: Tsunami Warning After Strong Quake Hits Alaska
« on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:14 AM »
Officials say a tsunami warning is in effect for parts of southern Alaska and coastal Canada after a strong earthquake shook the region.

The Alaska Tsunami Warning Center says the warning area includes coastal areas from about 75 miles southeast of Cordova, Alaska, to the north tip of Vancouver Island, Canada. The warning area extends for about 475 miles.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude 7.6 quake struck at midnight Friday Alaska time and was centered about 60 miles west of Craig, Alaska.

The tsunami center says a tsunami with a "significant widespread inundation of land is expected."

The first wave was expected around 1:15 a.m. (2:15 a./m. PST) in Craig, and 2:50 in Cordova, further to the north.

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=1885069.proteus.fma
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: URGENT: Tsunami Warning After Strong Quake Hits Alaska
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:23 AM »
From what I was able to gather, there actually was a small tsunami at Port Alexander, AK--but the tsunami warning has been lifted since then.

7.5?  Oy . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: URGENT: Tsunami Warning After Strong Quake Hits Alaska
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
7.5 is pretty bad, and I hope no one was hurt in the quake.
I should have guessed the tsunami was a washout when Nadin never piped up.