Author Topic: Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Obama Comes Out in Favor of Allowing Mosque Near Ground Zero
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
If the Republicans get the majority in either Congressional house this fall, they'd better impeach his ass.  Somebody better start getting serious about defending our country, but it ain't gonna happen on this  :censored: :censored:watch.

I was just discussing the same thing with my husband last night.  Don't we need two-thirds of the vote in Congress to impeach him though?  Wouldn't that be an awful lot of seats we need to win?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »
I was just discussing the same thing with my husband last night.  Don't we need two-thirds of the vote in Congress to impeach him though?  Wouldn't that be an awful lot of seats we need to win?

Nah, I looked it up on wiki and, adhering to the three paragraph rule, here's an exerpt of what wiki says re impeachment on the federal level:

"Impeachment proceedings may be commenced by a member of the House of Representatives on their own initiative, either by presenting a listing of the charges under oath, or by asking for referral to the appropriate committee. The impeachment process may be triggered by non-members. For example, when the Judicial Conference of the United States suggests a federal judge be impeached, a charge of what actions constitute grounds for impeachment may come from a special prosecutor, the President, a state or territorial legislature, grand jury, or by petition.

The type of impeachment resolution determines which committee it will be referred to. A resolution impeaching a particular individual is typically referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. A resolution to authorize an investigation regarding impeachable conduct is referred to the House Committee on Rules, and then referred to the Judiciary Committee. The House Committee on the Judiciary, by majority vote, will determine whether grounds for impeachment exist. If the Committee finds grounds for impeachment they will set forth specific allegations of misconduct in one or more articles of impeachment. The Impeachment Resolution, or Article(s) of Impeachment, are then reported to the full House with the committee's recommendations.

The House debates the resolution and may at the conclusion consider the resolution as a whole or vote on each article of impeachment individually. A simple majority of those present and voting is required for each article or the resolution as a whole to pass. If the House votes to impeach, managers (typically referred to as "House managers", with a "lead House manager") are selected to present the case to the Senate. Recently, managers have been selected by resolution, while historically the House would occasionally elect the managers or pass a resolution allowing the appointment of managers at the discretion of the Speaker of the House of Representatives"

So, it appears to me that only one brave member of the House of Reprsentatives would need to stand up and say ENOUGH.  Whether or not Zer0 was thrown out or not, who knows.  Maybe by Jan 11 even more people will be behind a move to ditch his ass.

We COULD take up a collection to buy and ship Neutricles to the conservative members of Congress.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuticles

Even fake balls would be an improvement over many of them these days.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Pat

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »
Nah, I looked it up on wiki and, adhering to the three paragraph rule, here's an exerpt of what wiki says re impeachment on the federal level:

"Impeachment proceedings may be commenced by a member of the House of Representatives on their own initiative, either by presenting a listing of the charges under oath, or by asking for referral to the appropriate committee. blah, blah....blah

and what high crime or misdemeanor would be the charge? 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55:08 PM »
Though it does not surprise me that Obama would have this opinion, when I heard it yesterday morning, it really surprised me that he would so emphatically and publicly verbalize it.

It was like a slap in the face.

Daily, there are liberals who turn their backs to him.

Yesterday, he turned his back to all Americans, by his support of this mosque and it's location.

Today, tomorrow, next week....even more liberals will turn their backs to him.

The more he continues to speak his true feelings....it lessens chance of a Democrat winning their election in November.

Keep talkin' Obama.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »
What pisses me off about himis his totallack of empathy for those that were lost and the families left behind.  He doesn't give a flying  :censored: for this country just what he can to ruin it while he sits back and watches it all unfold
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 10:42:25 PM »
Though it does not surprise me that Obama would have this opinion, when I heard it yesterday morning, it really surprised me that he would so emphatically and publicly verbalize it.

It was like a slap in the face.

Daily, there are liberals who turn their backs to him.

Yesterday, he turned his back to all Americans, by his support of this mosque and it's location.

Today, tomorrow, next week....even more liberals will turn their backs to him.

The more he continues to speak his true feelings....it lessens chance of a Democrat winning their election in November.

Keep talkin' Obama.

To Obama, it is all about "Me! Me! Me!". He is such a narcissist and egomaniac. He is like a steamroller. I think the Democrats are done in November because not only the mosque, there is the economy, which casts a shadow on them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:44:38 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline JLO

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
What pisses me off about himis his totallack of empathy for those that were lost and the families left behind.  He doesn't give a flying  :censored: for this country just what he can to ruin it while he sits back and watches it all unfold

Yup.

Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »
I don't make it a habit to read RedState, but every now and then, my buddy Mike nails it,

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 10:44:50 AM »
Zero's track record of shameful decisions must be continually and constantly displayed in the manner in which DeVine wrote his column. Better yet, bulletpoints to further summarize the chicanery and narcissism would be better.

This laundry list should be spread far and wide. Otherwise, the sheer shock of all the egregious crap that Zero's pulled is too much for most of us to absorb in a single sitting.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 10:50:31 AM »
Obama belongs to Hamas, it seems.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if we found out that Obama belongs to Al Qaeda.

I'm already seeing preemptive left-wing crap about the new "right-wing meme" of Hamas and Obama being on the same side, as if that wasn't EXACTLY what it is.

Read the spin, if you can stomach it:

http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/08/next-right-wing-meme-hamas-sides-with-obama-endorses-mosque/

Right, the President of the US stating that they have the right to build this evil monstrosity at a ****ing Ramadan-opening prayer dinner isn't endorsement.

:puke:

Offline true_blood

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:51 PM »
Lord Zero loves it! He hates America, so he gladly welcomes it.
I still don't know how we got stuck with such an American hater?!!? :censored: :banghead:

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
It's been almost two years now and I still can't believe this country was screwed-up enough to elect THAT. Obama has no political skills at all, he's trying to backpedal from his remarks about the mosque. Even Harry Reid seems to able to gauge the national mood better than Obama. ::)

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Hmm...youtube embedding not working. I'll just post the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXxsrpW_24&feature=player_embedded

Good ad. Let there be more.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:10:10 PM by Godot showed up »

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 09:32:44 AM »
Ace over at AoSHQ offers a marvelous take on Olby's latest venture into Libtard Douchbaggery.

For those of you who, like me, would rather spend an hour dipping your genitals into a bucket of sulphuric acid then even get a glimpse of Olby's vomit-inducing countenance, apparently the "Murrow of the Modern Age" delivered on his promise to provide a special shout-out on the mohammedan's dream mosk...

I like how he says, "as promised," as if we were all sitting around wondering, "Gee, is he going to do it tonight? Is he going to do it tonight as promised?"

It's like when a friend who borrowed money pays you $3000 back. And he says, "There you go, as promised." And you say, "Thank you so much!" Because you really did want that $3000 back, and you're very happy your friend honored that promise to repay.

Except in this case it's not $3000, it's a broken-down fat-bodied old fool ranting and raving on the air because he's mixing medications again, and yeah, he promised you he would do it, but it was more akin to a threat than a promise you wanted honored, seriously, you're kind of upset he remembered, and yet here's this fat-assed old gray fairy telling you "I am reading to you this retarded script I stream-of-conscious brain-queefed out fifteen minutes ago, as promised," and you're like, "Um, thanks...? I guess...?"

Do me a solid, will ya? GO READ THE WHOLE THING!  :rotf:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 10:07:18 AM »
I loved this one:

...It is to be 13 stories tall, and the top two floors will be a Muslim prayer place.

Ace:
Also called a mosque.

:rotf:

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »
Building this mosque ought to be as "illegal" as any act of war, because the building of this mosque is nothing less than another act of war. That's how the Moslems see it, as war by stealth, and that's exactly what it is.

Moslems could just as easily say that the 9/11 attack itself was a 1st-amendment-protected act--the hijackers were engaging in jihad, weren't they? That's their religion. It bothers me very much that over 60% of people respond that Rauf and his cronies have the "right" to build this mosque; that response betrays a deadly misunderstanding of what this mosque is. If you accept that one of the mosque's purposes is to offend  and stake out ground already attacked by Islam as Moslem territory, then you should recognize that this is war, not the free exercise of religion.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
Remember all the Muslims dancing in the streets in the Middle East celebrating the 9/11 attacks?!?! So, it goes to show that it's more than just the "jihadists" that hate America and have declared war on America.
Now, they want to build a mosque at that site?!?! Name it the Cordoba Center?! Open it on the 9/11 tenth year anniversary?! Use money from where ever is possible with such places as Saudi Arabia and Iran to help with the funds to build it?!?!
GET THE **** OUT!!!! :bird: :censored: :censored: :bird:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Heard on Fox last night, that the Imam is going on another trip to the MidEast on our tax dollars.  :censored:

I would think that this would piss off the Democrats too.

Hannity had one of Luntz's focus groups in his studio last night, to poll them on different questions regarding this mosque. Only a few thought it was ok....surprisingly, one was a Jew.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
I don't think it will ever get built unless the US allows a bunch of imported camel jockeys to build it. Union labor is not going to touch it. It would get very ugly if labor was imported into NYC. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
I don't think it will ever get built unless the US allows a bunch of imported camel jockeys to build it. Union labor is not going to touch it. It would get very ugly if labor was imported into NYC. Just my 2 cents.

Has there been any kind of statement issued by construction unions condemning this "community center, thinly disguised as a potential bed of terrorists"?

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »
Has there been any kind of statement issued by construction unions condemning this "community center, thinly disguised as a potential bed of terrorists"?

Not that I know of. Bill O'Reilly thinks that no union workers will touch this mosque with a ten foot pole. They may be keeping quiet in order to not upset their benefactor (the Obomanation).

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »
Not that I know of. Bill O'Reilly thinks that no union workers will touch this mosque with a ten foot pole. They may be keeping quiet in order to not upset their benefactor (the Obomanation).

He's right!

They won't build it! Hardhats vow not to work on controversial mosque near Ground Zero

BY Samuel Goldsmith
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, August 20th 2010, 4:00 AM

A growing number of New York construction workers are vowing not to work on the mosque planned near Ground Zero.

"It's a very touchy thing because they want to do this on sacred ground," said Dave Kaiser, 38, a blaster who is working to rebuild the World Trade Center site.

"I wouldn't work there, especially after I found out about what the imam said about U.S. policy being responsible for 9/11," Kaiser said.

The grass-roots movement is gaining momentum on the Internet. One construction worker created the "Hard Hat Pledge" on his blog and asked others to vow not to work on the project if it stays on Park Place.

"Thousands of people are signing up from all over the country," said creator Andy Sullivan, a construction worker from Brooklyn. "People who sell glass, steel, lumber, insurance. They are all refusing to do work if they build there."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/20/2010-08-20_we_wont_build_it_hardhats_say_no_way_they_will_work_on_wtc_mosque.html#ixzz0xBD3wgEP

The Daily News site provided the link.  But, it's nice to see that someone is taking a stand on this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
I do NOT believe this for one second.

The jug-eared Kenyan will stroke his benefactors in the Muslim/Arabic financiers and union enclaves, then the construction "workers" (employees) will be offered a "stipend" of their regular pay of $42.00/hour plus 20% for hours over six worked per week day. Then offered triple time and a half for all hours over six per work day, while asking them to work 15 hours a day, and quadruple time and a half for all week day hours over eight worked, then 10X double time for working weekends PLUS, free catered lunches and gas allowances and a daily bonus of $100.00 for just showing up at the job site. Do NOT think for one fracking minute that the MuSlum lunatics of U.S oil funded Islam do not have the dollars to do this.

The union scum WILL sell out this nation for their dollar.

They got chitlens to feed, don't-cha know!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline true_blood

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
I do NOT believe this for one second.

The union scum WILL sell out this nation for their dollar.

I'm with ya! I think they will sell out the Country!! :censored:
I do hope we're wrong.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
I'm with ya! I think they will sell out the Country!! :censored:
I do hope we're wrong.
I hope you are wrong also..

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16