Author Topic: Jack Kevorkian Plans Run for Congress in Michigan  (Read 2754 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Jack Kevorkian Plans Run for Congress in Michigan
« on: March 12, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »
PONTIAC, Mich. —  Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian is planning a run for Congress.

Kevorkian was released from prison last year and remains on parole. But the 79-year-old told The Oakland Press for an article published Wednesday that he plans to run for office as a candidate with no party affiliation.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian said.

His slogan will be: Death on two legs

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Jack Kevorkian Plans Run for Congress in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
PONTIAC, Mich. —  Assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian is planning a run for Congress.

Kevorkian was released from prison last year and remains on parole. But the 79-year-old told The Oakland Press for an article published Wednesday that he plans to run for office as a candidate with no party affiliation.

"We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington," Kevorkian said.

Great song!

I think having an entire postmortem congress has a certain allure to it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:56:28 PM »

Every bill he sponsors will die in committee.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »

Great song!

An entire congress of corpses would be so much less meddlesome.  Instead of getting the dead to vote we should get the dead to stand for election.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 01:09:35 PM »

Great song!

An entire congress of corpses would be so much less meddlesome.  Instead of getting the dead to vote we should get the dead to stand for election.

I think it has happened.  I think it should be a requirement.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »

Great song!

Well, two of 'em are running for the dim ticket already.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
at 79 years old I would think that he would end up like the dead parrot from Monty Python before he could actually do any damage.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »

Great song!

:lmao:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 04:08:30 PM »
Finally!  A man who can get Nancy Pelosi to close her eyes. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »
Please, you all are missing the importance of this.... this man, can solve the social security crisis  :uhsure:

That's not right!   :rotf:

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »
History just well could be in the making  - this is the first assisted-suicide "doctor" to run for Congress, ever!

at 79 years old I would think that he would end up like the dead parrot from Monty Python before he could actually do any damage.

I thought I read several months ago that Dr. Death was terminally ill. He's long been mentally ill.