Author Topic: Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization  (Read 5677 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

President Obama's "science czar," Paul Holdren, once floated the idea of forced abortions, "compulsory sterilization," and the creation of a "Planetary Regime" that would oversee human population levels and control all natural resources as a means of protecting the planet -- controversial ideas his critics say should have been brought up in his Senate confirmation hearings.

Holdren, who has degrees from MIT and Stanford and headed a science policy program at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government for the past 13 years, won the unanimous approval of the Senate as the president's chief science adviser.

He was confirmed with little fanfare on March 19 as director of the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy, a 50-person directorate that advises the president on scientific affairs, focusing on energy independence and global warming.

But many of Holdren's radical ideas on population control were not brought up at his confirmation hearings; it appears that the senators who scrutinized him had no knowledge of the contents of a textbook he co-authored in 1977, "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment," a copy of which was obtained by FOXNews.com.

The 1,000-page course book, which was co-written with environmental activists Paul and Anne Ehrlich, discusses and in one passage seems to advocate totalitarian measures to curb population growth, which it says could cause an environmental catastrophe.

The three authors summarize their guiding principle in a single sentence: "To provide a high quality of life for all, there must be fewer people."

As first reported by FrontPage Magazine, Holdren and his co-authors spend a portion of the book discussing possible government programs that could be used to lower birth rates.

Those plans include forcing single women to abort their babies or put them up for adoption; implanting sterilizing capsules in people when they reach puberty; and spiking water reserves and staple foods with a chemical that would make people sterile.

To help achieve those goals, they formulate a "world government scheme" they call the Planetary Regime, which  would administer the world's resources and human growth, and they discuss the development of an "armed international organization, a global analogue of a police force" to which nations would surrender part of their sovereignty.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/21/obamas-science-czar-considered-forced-abortions-sterilization-population-growth/?test=latestnews
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:41:38 PM by TxRadioguy »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: Obama's Science Czar Considered Forced Abortions, Sterilization
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
How does this not scare the living day lights out of people  :o

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 06:13:15 AM »
How does this not scare the living day lights out of people :o

I see nothing in this scientists works that have not been proposed in the past, some of it even carried out all over the world at one time or other.

People treated like animals breed for certain looks or specific tasks.

Somewhere on our planet somewhere there are scientists being funded by their country attempting to Clone humans.

Science fiction writers have a world of what ifs to write about that comes all too close to what humans are capable of.

Never underestimate just how far intellectual curiosity will take people.

In some cases the worse EVIL comes from humans with the best intentions.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 06:17:06 AM »
I see nothing in this scientists works that have not been proposed in the past, some of it even carried out all over the world at one time or other.

Somewhere on our planet somewhere there are scientists being funded by their country attempting to Clone humans.

Science fiction writers have a world of what ifs to write about that comes all too close to what humans are capable of.

So you're saying you're ok with this?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:43:45 AM by TxRadioguy »

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:17:56 AM »
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, vesta?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 06:18:15 AM »
How does this not scare the living day lights out of people  :o

If the media and the WH keeps it under wraps...then people don't know to be frightened of this wanna be Mengele

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:40:21 AM »
For those too young to remember 1977 the "scientific" fads of that day were a new ice age coming and global overpopulation with all kinds of dire predictions of humanitys destruction through famine.

Since neither has proven to be true (I know there is famine in parts of the world but not universal) it should make anyone suspect of how left leaning scientists will jump on any bandwagon that has at its conclusion totalitarianism.

Global warming anyone...no different and no more scientific.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:32 AM »
For those too young to remember 1977 the "scientific" fads of that day were a new ice age coming and global overpopulation with all kinds of dire predictions of humanitys destruction through famine.

Since neither has proven to be true (I know there is famine in parts of the world but not universal) it should make anyone suspect of how left leaning scientists will jump on any bandwagon that has at its conclusion totalitarianism.

Global warming anyone...no different and no more scientific.

So Earth never had an ice age, all those elephants at the north pole actually did not have flowering plants in their stomach----it is all a practical joke the scientists like to play on the public.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »
So Earth never had an ice age, all those elephants at the north pole actually did not have flowering plants in their stomach----it is all a practical joke the scientists like to play on the public.

#1 you were asked above if you approve of forced sterilization and abortion ala this scientist's views and have not yet responded.

#2 Carl did not deny an ice age from years before. He never denied scientific history, he merely pointed out the junk science of the day said we were in IMMEDIATE danger of an ice age. 32 years later something that was immediately imminent still has yet to materialize. And not only that the fad scientists are now claiming it is the reverse and the world is warming. Why are you deliberately twisting what is being said? To what purpose? What does it serve you to support what has turned out to be false views? If you support science, that also means rejecting false suppositions. When did truth become irrelevant in favor of what feels good to a group of people?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:10:32 AM by jtyangel »

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »

No offense but are you that stupid or incapable of reading comprehension.
Did I say that we never have had an ice age?

Read it again fool...I said they were all a buzz about the start of a NEW one.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 07:29:21 AM »
Well the OP chills me to the bone. I was recently at the Holocaust museum. I'm shuddering.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 07:31:40 AM »
Well the OP chills me to the bone. I was recently at the Holocaust museum. I'm shuddering.

Same here, Dixie, and was is even more chilling is that someone with views so repugnant would not only be appointed to such an office, but that most people would not think twice of it, most likely because of willful ignorance.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 07:32:56 AM »
Same here, Dixie, and was is even more chilling is that someone with views so repugnant would not only be appointed to such an office, but that most people would not think twice of it, most likely because of willful ignorance.
Scary isn't it?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:11 AM »
Scary isn't it?

Most certainly is. :(

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »
Most certainly is. :(

Even scarier is the fact that  Fox News is going to be the only one reporting this, and they'll be attacked for trying to smear 0Bama and his appointment.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

How does your post have anything to do with what I posted?  Of course people have done horrible, evil things.  That is what makes this guy's comments so terrifying.  This isn't about intellectual curiosity, this is about people wanting to reduce the earth's population by whatever means necessary.  China currently performs forced abortion on women who disobey the one child rule, so it already happens in our current time.

What is scary is that this guy has been appointed (not elected, appointed) to an unconstitutional position by our current administration.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »
How does your post have anything to do with what I posted?  Of course people have done horrible, evil things.  That is what makes this guy's comments so terrifying.  This isn't about intellectual curiosity, this is about people wanting to reduce the earth's population by whatever means necessary.  China currently performs forced abortion on women who disobey the one child rule, so it already happens in our current time.

What is scary is that this guy has been appointed (not elected, appointed) to an unconstitutional position by our current administration.

What makes it worse still is people who have no problem with his policies are on the other hand scared shitless of someone like Sarah Palin.  Go figure that one out.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Karin

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 10:06:06 AM »
I can't figure that one out, Spark, it sounds like profound mental illness.  One of the many things that I loathe about this admin is this shadow thug government-by-czar.  Nobody shines the light on these moonbats and asks some tough questions.  WTF? 

Willful ignorance is irresponsible and lazy.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »
Even scarier is the fact that  Fox News is going to be the only one reporting this, and they'll be attacked for trying to smear 0Bama and his appointment.

Infowars, as alarmist as they may seem, reported on this a week ago. Alex Jones and his staff seem to be very good at getting out the news to the folks. (I still don't agree with them on  9/11, but I read their site daily)

http://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-paul-joseph-watson-obama-czars-nightmarish-sterilization-plan/
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline thundley4

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »
Infowars, as alarmist as they may seem, reported on this a week ago. Alex Jones and his staff seem to be very good at getting out the news to the folks. (I still don't agree with them on  9/11, but I read their site daily)

http://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-paul-joseph-watson-obama-czars-nightmarish-sterilization-plan/

Unfortunately, infowars is deemed a little less credible than Fox by almost everyone.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 12:10:25 PM »

I well understand, my Hubby dragged me out of there after the exibit of how how people were brought into the shower rooms, the signs that lulled them and how the people were incouraged to believe all was well.

We got out onto the street and I collapsed, could not breath for crying so hard,

All my life I had read and heard about the Holocaust, I went to school with at least one kid whose parents had the tattoos on their wrist,  reading Leon Uris as a kid, I thought I could handle the experience, after all what could be worse then my amagination brought on by books.

Wrong again, nothing I had read or heard could prepare me for being able to touch with my hands and be in the actual rail way car, so small that held 100 people for days on end.

Feeling the wood of a bunk bed that had held humans due for the gas chamber was and is indiscrible.

Dixie, we can be educated in schools about history, we can see pictures or even talk to the survivors, but until one gets hands on feeling the same thing the victems felt---and saw every day, then the questions come, who lived in this bunk bed, how old were they, how did they die.

This was the wake up call for my generation, humans left unchecked can cause more Evil then the Devil them self.

It has been a couple of years since Hubby had to pick me up off the side walk out side that Museum, both of us came away with memories that are different.

Hubby was amazed at how fast Germany took over Europe, his war machine ws amazing.

My most amazed fact was how fast with national Identie cards this could be done. That seemed to be the key to controll people and their movement from place to place.

Sorry Dixie, there is so much more but after 2 years it is still hard to think about.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
I am forced sterilizations for criminals. That being said, what Obama's science czar is advocating is scary. Smack dab of Nazis Germany.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:26 PM »
Even if Fox is the only TV news outlet covering this, for some reason just since yesterday, the blogsphere is on fire with it. 

We had this at Moonbattery with the caption to this picture "Moonbat Holdren sees the men in white coats with butterfly nets coming." 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »
I've been studying infowars lately. Most of their stories come from elsewhere around the net. I'm finding them to be as credible as any other mainstream news agency. The 9/11 conspiracy crap  kind of irks me. Other than that, I'm finding articles long before they hit the MSM.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »
I am forced sterilizations for criminals. That being said, what Obama's science czar is advocating is scary. Smack dab of Nazis Germany.

OH what is is a criminal, Are you a criminal in the future for speaking out agasinst our government.

I believe you mss spoke on steralizing for criminals, a criminal can be anyone who  speacks their mind, or the law decides they are anti American.

God Help anyone who becomes a criminal because of their race or religion, some peopole in the ww2 on the west coast acrually tried to place a law that male children of Japenese desent be castrated at birth.     Dont believe me, do some search on Google

Crap, there were people in America that found no problem with the German Solution, and that included Charles Limburg a American hero.