Author Topic: Romney to Quit the Race  (Read 34232 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Romney to Quit the Race
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »
Huck didn't drop yet! Com'on kev!!! Jump on the Huck Express!

I would vote for Huck if I could, Jack. There's a problem though. I cast my vote for Romney on Tuesday and I don't see Huck making it to election day. Romney was ahead of Huck and he dropped out.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lauri

Re: Mitt "suspending" campaign.. not quitting?
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »
what the hell??? I don't get it either. what's the strategy here?

Money.  A suspended campaign can continue to be tax exempt.  This is like a Chapter 11 reorganization.  The real end of the campaign will be when the $$ are all accounted for.

that is quite bizarre... Romney is the most solvent of any of them on our side. although, Romney's wife may have said "that's enough money honey" ... I have heard him say that he has no limits, but his wife does.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2008, 12:51:46 PM »
oh yeah...we didn't have our primary yet...I forget.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »
This whole conversation is getting very DUesque. With people saying that they aren't going to vote and some talking about leaving the country and others hoping the country falls apart to teach it a lesson... if I didn't know better I'd feel certain I logged on to a Conservativecave in the twilight zone.

people need to vent out their anger... we'll get it together.

I know... I know. I just found it amusing while I was reading this posts I wasn't seeing our screen names, I was seeing sfexpat and proud2blib and prouddad and nancegregg. DUmonic possession
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2008, 12:53:44 PM »
Huck didn't drop yet! Com'on kev!!! Jump on the Huck Express!

I would vote for Huck if I could, Jack. There's a problem though. I cast my vote for Romney on Tuesday and I don't see Huck making it to election day. Romney was ahead of Huck and he dropped out.

I think most of us feel the way that you do, Kevin... I am more pissed than I thought I would be about Romney dropping out. At least with him in, we still had a choice but this thing keeps changing day to day ... I dont think this is the end just yet.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2008, 12:55:52 PM »
BTW, you guys can support or vote the way you feel. I won't denigrate you, call you neo-cons, call you assholes or anything else. Your vote and your position is yours and yours alone. My posts here have been mine.

But are you going to tell use to kiss your redneck ass  :-)
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »
This whole conversation is getting very DUesque. With people saying that they aren't going to vote and some talking about leaving the country and others hoping the country falls apart to teach it a lesson... if I didn't know better I'd feel certain I logged on to a Conservativecave in the twilight zone.

people need to vent out their anger... we'll get it together.

I know... I know. I just found it amusing while I was reading this posts I wasn't seeing our screen names, I was seeing sfexpat and proud2blib and prouddad and nancegregg. DUmonic possession

oh they are having their issues as well. its funny; our side isnt happy cause our guy isnt conservative enough... they dont think Hilary and Obama are left enough.

this may be the perfect time for a third party to come back and clench a deal since both sides are in an uproar.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »
**** McCain. I'm staying home.

:yeahthat:

I'm even more outraged by Bush being behind this.  That is a blow that I just will not get over, ever.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Lauri

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »
**** McCain. I'm staying home.

:yeahthat:

I'm even more outraged by Bush being behind this.  That is a blow that I just will not get over, ever.

youre the second person ive seen say that... do you have a link? I havent seen that anywhere today..

Offline Lauri

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »
Romney ends bid, eyeing 2012 By: Mike Allen and Jonathan Martin
Feb 7, 2008 01:37 PM EST

The presidential race Mitt Romney planned for years crashed to a halt Thursday, stopped in its tracks by the surprisingly durable John McCain campaign and by Romney's inability to quell concerns about his shifts on key issues and his Mormon religion.

Making the dramatic announcement at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference at a Washington hotel, Romney clearly hoped to preserve the goodwill of his party for another possible bid in 2012. He intends to run again in four years, according to a senior member of his inner circle.

"He should be president. 2012," the confidant e-mailed after talking to Romney.

“If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Sen. Clinton or Obama would win,” he said.

“And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.”

Josh Romney, one of the governor’s five sons, said his dad sounded upbeat and strong when he called family members last night to tell them of the decision.

“He felt that he still had a shot at winning the nomination,” Josh Romney said. “But for the good of the party and the nation, he didn’t want to have a long, drawn-out battle.”

more at the link..  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8386.html

so... he's eyeing 2012 without finishing this campaign out??

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »
Yeah, hubby just told me that he is suspending his campaign, and it is confusing.

I'm about fed up with the whole thing anyway. It's depressing, and I am starting to just not give a sh!t anymore because if I think about it, I will be in a dark, black hole.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »
I fear we are one RINO away from becoming DU. 

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »

Just waiting for the moles to show up  :-)
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2008, 01:39:39 PM »

DUmmies aren't good at being a mole. It's been proven over and over and over again. Why? Well, it's easy to be a mole at DU. All you have to do is say the most outlandish shit possible about Bush and they'll flock to you like you have cookies. They have no sense of humor. They cannot, in good conscience, come here and start bashing their fellow libs, even if it's in jest.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »

merging the two romney threads in BN . . .

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »

LOL...

I seriously thought twice before I posted, I didn't want to further enrage those who are having a collective $hit fit (that is like the third time today I used the word $hit I think).

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »

DUmmies aren't good at being a mole. It's been proven over and over and over again. Why? Well, it's easy to be a mole at DU. All you have to do is say the most outlandish shit possible about Bush and they'll flock to you like you have cookies. They have no sense of humor. They cannot, in good conscience, come here and start bashing their fellow libs, even if it's in jest.

As someone one posted it's easier to pretend that your insane than it is to pretend to be sane.
Klingon Proverb.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »

LOL...

I seriously thought twice before I posted, I didn't want to further enrage those who are having a collective $hit fit (that is like the third time today I used the word $hit I think).

It is habit forming  :-)
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
As someone one posted it's easier to pretend that your insane than it is to pretend to be sane.
boy...you can say that again
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »

LOL...

i'm telling  :popcorn:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:19 PM »

LOL...

$hit, please don't.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

LOL...

$hit, please don't.

welll ... shit... ok.  :beer:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »
Shit.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
Shit.

$hit....I thought you couldn't actually "say" SHIT on here. 

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2008, 01:59:39 PM »
Shit.

$hit....I thought you couldn't actually "say" SHIT on here. 

Does $hit sound just like shit??
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.