Author Topic: Romney to Quit the Race  (Read 34202 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: Romney to Quit the Race
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »
I just heard the news...

I have no one to caucus for this saturday ...  :banghead:

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 12:06:58 PM »
Hillary would love your vote  :libssuck:
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 12:12:49 PM »
I'm voting for McCain... the democrat alternative will be much much worse. As a conservative I will do my part to keep someone with a (D) after their name out of the White House. Give it to Obama or Hillary if you want but I'm not going there.

I'm with you FlaGator.  Don't forget that the House and the Senate are Dem as well...think of the damage that will be done.  What if a Supreme Court Justice needs to be replaced?   It scares the $hit out of me.

Ginsberg has been hanging on til a new president comes in, hoping it will be Hilary. There will definitely be at least one, if not two, justices leaving.

But McCain dissed Alito last year saying he was 'too conservative' which .. is mystifying to most of us. I havent heard McCain's ideas on justices other than that..

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
I'm voting for McCain... the democrat alternative will be much much worse. As a conservative I will do my part to keep someone with a (D) after their name out of the White House. Give it to Obama or Hillary if you want but I'm not going there.

I'm with you FlaGator.  Don't forget that the House and the Senate are Dem as well...think of the damage that will be done.  What if a Supreme Court Justice needs to be replaced?   It scares the $hit out of me.

I just don't understand people's desire to concede the WH to a liberal like Hillary who will appoint the absolutely worst person for the surpreme court and (who as Splsh said) is going to make her healthcare plan mandatory so a lot of people will be giving up their good healthcare coverage for a triage system that will kill more than it saves...

I watched her last debate and she will not mandate anyone to relinguish their current healthcare plan.  She said she'll give us a choice, to sign up to the healthcare program available to the members of Congress, or keep your own.

If you believe her then why not believe McCain when he says he will take a conservative course of action.

He will speak at the CPAC convention later....I'm interested to hear what he has to say.  Going by his past though, doesn't seem the old man has any intention.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »

I just don't understand people's desire to concede the WH to a liberal like Hillary who will appoint the absolutely worst person for the surpreme court and (who as Splsh said) is going to make her healthcare plan mandatory so a lot of people will be giving up their good healthcare coverage for a triage system that will kill more than it saves...

I watched her last debate and she will not mandate anyone to relinguish their current healthcare plan.  She said she'll give us a choice, to sign up to the healthcare program available to the members of Congress, or keep your own.
So she's not going to garnish wages on those of us who don't want healthcare?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »
Not voting for McCain isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The baby has already been aborted. Voting for him will no more get the party back on it's conservative track than Obama coming out tomorrow changing his party affiliation. Let the ****ing libs have it. I have savings and I have guns. They wanna **** up the country? Fine. I'll be here to help pick up the pieces after the ****ers have starved to death do to their own inept leadership and the depression they will, most likely, cause. You can't ****ing promise people everything they want without ****ing someone else over and, eventually, the ****ees get tired of it. We are in SERIOUS need of a revolution. I blame our march towards liberalism on the 19th amendment.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lauri

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
Hillary would love your vote  :libssuck:

I was hoping Romney would gain steam since there seems to be a rather large backlash against McCain that continues on today..

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »
Every candidate represents an agenda, both personal and party. You can dissect everyone of them to your own purpose. Sometimes you have to view things in the context of what is our greatest threat and deal with it the best we can. We're at war. That should narrow the field.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »

Ginsberg has been hanging on til a new president comes in, hoping it will be Hilary. There will definitely be at least one, if not two, justices leaving.

But McCain dissed Alito last year saying he was 'too conservative' which .. is mystifying to most of us. I havent heard McCain's ideas on justices other than that..

Putting McCain in office will not guarantee a conservative judge...in fact, he'll try to "work with" the democratic congress by electing someone they'll easily confirm.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »
Sadly, Rebel is right. We're going to need a bigger wake up call to fix it though. Maybe four years of a Dem will wake up the GOP. Ugh.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »
While I hear rumors that Hitlery's camp is afraid of McScam, I really feel that the Clinton attack-dog political machine will kick McFiengold's arse.

Not only that, but so far...the democrats are flocking to the voting machine...I'd venture to say it's 3 to 1.  

yup, and its because enough of the GOP doesnt see anyone they like.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 12:20:48 PM »

4 years will not be long enough to pass something of that degree.  She'll be out in 4 years, and americans will put a real Republican back in the WH.  Hillary will have to move to the Right if she wants a re-election...so garnishing wages is something that will never happen.

Offline Lauri

Mitt "suspending" campaign.. not quitting?
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »
So, its not over and he may get to hold onto his delegates...

I am not understanding this..

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 12:24:15 PM »
Look at ANY major city that's ran by liberals. They are almost always cesspools and essentially broke. No, I don't mean the ones where there are about 50/50, or even 65/35. Look at Detroit. That is a mere microcosm of what we're going to see with a Democratically-controlled Congress and a liberal in the White House. Make no mistake, this country is going to hell in a hand basket. I wish I could say I was being an alarmist, but if you look back over time, we're already on the path, with the exception of one 8-year period in the '80s.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
Not voting for McCain isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The baby has already been aborted. Voting for him will no more get the party back on it's conservative track than Obama coming out tomorrow changing his party affiliation. Let the ******* libs have it. I have savings and I have guns. They wanna **** up the country? Fine. I'll be here to help pick up the pieces after the ****ers have starved to death do to their own inept leadership and the depression they will, most likely, cause. You can't ******* promise people everything they want without ******* someone else over and, eventually, the ****ees get tired of it. We are in SERIOUS need of a revolution. I blame our march towards liberalism on the 19th amendment.

I understand your feelings, but I just can't let it go to the dems without a fight. I understand McCain's negatives, he's more centrist than we'd like, but he is still to the right of Hillary. He says that he will do the conservative thing and I'm willing to give him a chance. If he fails then I'll vote against him in 2012 but as of now I'm just going to hold my nose, pull the lever for McCain and hope for the best. Allowing Hillary to get in eliminates all hope.
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 12:25:04 PM »
Not voting for McCain isn't throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The baby has already been aborted. Voting for him will no more get the party back on it's conservative track than Obama coming out tomorrow changing his party affiliation. Let the ******* libs have it. I have savings and I have guns. They wanna **** up the country? Fine. I'll be here to help pick up the pieces after the ****ers have starved to death do to their own inept leadership and the depression they will, most likely, cause. You can't ******* promise people everything they want without ******* someone else over and, eventually, the ****ees get tired of it. We are in SERIOUS need of a revolution. I blame our march towards liberalism on the 19th amendment.

the only response I can give you is one I heard this morning.. and this woman said, correctly, "we didnt know Reagan was Reagan until he'd been there a while" .. he was denied in 1976, but later came back and did what he did.

Reagan was pro choice in his earlier days.. so.. he wasnt a 'true conservative' when he first took the White House..

I feel totally let down as well, but handing this to Hilary or Obama is not in our best interest.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »
^yeah, what you said. I'm not giving up either.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »
4 years will not be long enough to pass something of that degree.  She'll be out in 4 years, and americans will put a real Republican back in the WH.  Hillary will have to move to the Right if she wants a re-election...so garnishing wages is something that will never happen.

Why? She talks to her idiotic friends in Congress, they author the bill and send it to the White House, and she signs it into law. You don't think the Supremes are going to strike it down as unconstitutional, do you?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
Every candidate represents an agenda, both personal and party. You can dissect everyone of them to your own purpose. Sometimes you have to view things in the context of what is our greatest threat and deal with it the best we can. We're at war. That should narrow the field.

the war is a huge issue ... pulling our troops out with destabilize the world unlike anything we've ever seen. and our friends in the ME will turn on us and they will be correct in doing so..

I think we have to get behind McCain and not let that happen, no matter how disheartening this is.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »

4 years will not be long enough to pass something of that degree.  She'll be out in 4 years, and americans will put a real Republican back in the WH.  Hillary will have to move to the Right if she wants a re-election...so garnishing wages is something that will never happen.
I wouldn't be so sure. She's been angling for Hillarycare since the 90's. She's had plenty of time to get her ducks in a row. I wouldn't put anything past her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »
I can't believe that you guys would even consider handing the reins of a deployed military to either Clinton or Obama.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
I just sent this to my friends and family and I mean every word:
---------------------------------------------------
We have the choice between a RW wingnut and an extreme liberal -- and that is just in the Republican party.

Folks, this is it -- game over.  No matter who gets elected you will be taxed into submission.  Socialist Bread And Circuses will be the watchword for the next 8 years (and probably forever).  Descartes was right.

Say hello to 90% tax brackets for $150K plus -- you know "the rich who don't pay their fair share."  And once Socialized Programmes are instiruted you can't remove them with a stick of dynamite). And once we allow the Illegal Amnesty (and their families) we will have a permenent underclass of 80 MILLION, all of whom take more than the provide -- paid for by your taxes.

You watch the exodus of businesses to more business-friendly climates -- like China.

I am glad I don't have children to be brought up in The People's Republic of Amerika that I guarantee 100% is coming.

The Carter Years will seem like a day at Disneyland compared to what will be unleashed on the idiot voters in the USA this year.

I officially Give Up and am starting to look abroad

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
Re: Mitt "suspending" campaign.. not quitting?
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
what the hell??? I don't get it either. what's the strategy here?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
I want to add that yesterday I read an article on Fox or CNN, that Bush is behind this...He doesn't want Romney as the candidate, he is using his influence to persuade senators and other leaders to endorse McCain; supposedly because McCain agrees with his immigration stance :censored:
The party is moving left, slowly but surely...Gator had it right on this one.

Well that's lovely...they are soo soo wrong on immigration. I'm torn between sitting this one out and voting just to keep the Hildabeast's hands off the White House china. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »

the only response I can give you is one I heard this morning.. and this woman said, correctly, "we didnt know Reagan was Reagan until he'd been there a while" .. he was denied in 1976, but later came back and did what he did.

Reagan was pro choice in his earlier days.. so.. he wasnt a 'true conservative' when he first took the White House..

I feel totally let down as well, but handing this to Hilary or Obama is not in our best interest.

Exactly! The dems must be keep out at all costs.
Klingon Proverb.