Author Topic: Questions about Chelsea at polling place  (Read 1986 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Questions about Chelsea at polling place
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:08:55 AM »
(WTNH) _ This might cause a headache for Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign in Connecticut. It's Chelsea Clinton inside a New Haven polling place at 6:00 a.m.

So why might this be an issue? According to state law, candidates or a candidate's representative, such as someone wearing a sign, have to stay 75-feet away from polling places "on the day of any primary".

The daughter of the Democratic presidential candidate was delivering a box of coffee to poll workers and talking with a firefighter in New Haven. According to a News Channel 8 photographer who was there, when the moderator announced that the polls are open, Clinton immediately went outside.

"I did not consider it an issue because she didn't come here, as far as I'm concerned, to influence anything here or disrupt us," said New Haven election moderator Nilda Torres.

The Clinton incident prompted an e-mail from the Secretary of the State's office to the New Haven Registrar of Voters, reminding them of the 75-foot law.

A statement from Clinton campaign spokesman Philippe Reines said, "A live TV interview being conducted by WTNH at the site delayed her departure until just after 6, at which point she immediately left the station."

The WTNH news crew says there was ample room for Clinton to leave the voting area during their live report.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=7827524
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Sonnabend

Re: Questions about Chelsea at polling place
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »
She was helping out and this was probably a goof.Everything I read said Chelsea was "by the book" and made sure to stay out of the way.

In all fairness, she meant no harm.

Offline djones520

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:26:12 AM »
She was helping out and this was probably a goof.Everything I read said Chelsea was "by the book" and made sure to stay out of the way.

Yeah, I don't think anyone but the most hardcore nutball would think otherwise.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »

Yeah, I don't think anyone but the most hardcore nutball would think otherwise.

The daughter of the Democratic presidential candidate was delivering a box of coffee to poll workers and talking with a firefighter in New Haven. According to a News Channel 8 photographer who was there, when the moderator announced that the polls are open, Clinton immediately went outside.

Let one of the Bush twins do that shit.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site