Author Topic: Too Close To Call  (Read 9088 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Too Close To Call
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »
WASHINGTON — John McCain hopes to come out with enough decisive victories in the Republican primary races on Super Tuesday to give him the edge in the presidential nominating contest, but the proportional awarding of delegates guarantees that neither he nor any other candidate will sew up the party nomination this week.

In fact, neither party is awarding enough delegates on Tuesday for anyone to clinch the nomination.

Twenty-four states hold some delegate selection event on Feb. 5, with 1,681 Democratic delegates and 1,023 Republican delegates to the national presidential nominating conventions this summer up for grabs. A candidate needs 2,025 delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, and 1,191 to win the Republican nomination.

Based on Associated Press estimations of delegates awarded in the states that already have held contests, John McCain leads with 93 delegates to his name while Hillary Clinton bests Barack Obama in her party’s race with 261. Mathematically, even if both front-runners won every delegate on Super Tuesday, they can’t get a majority.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/03/despite-accelerated-primary-schedule-winners-may-not-be-decided-on-super-tuesday/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Too Close To Call
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »
After Tuesday, there are still 21 states and 3 territories with over 1000 delegates that have yet to vote.  Texas is the largest with 140 delegates followed by PA and OH.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »
Hold on! I thought the Drive-By's had already anointed McAmnesty. One thing's for sure, the polls have been wrong.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
I'd love to see "the people" wipe the smirk off McCain's fast.

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:31:33 PM »
I'd love to see "the people" wipe the smirk off McCain's fast.
McCain bugs the hell out of me, always has, especially when he says, "My friend." His frozen smile is unnerving.

Eveybody bitches and moans about closing the border, anyone think McAmnesty, The Clinton's or Barack the Magic Negro will close the border? Romney is on record saying he would complete the fence.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:37:43 PM »
McLame is already being declared the winner, even though nobody's gone to the polls in Super Tuesday yet. Kind of like the Patriots were going to win for sure........... until they played the game.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:01:48 PM »
And I hope the McCain upset rivals that of the Patriots....on second thought...I'd like to see a landslide victory for Romney. :-)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »
You can tell the media wants a McCain/Obama match up by the way they fawn over both of them and how they give them such softball questions.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
I believe you're right about that Sarge. The MSM's collective head is way up in Obama's and McVain's. (gag)

Now I hear Kentucky went for Huckabee?????? Why, why, why????

And hawkgirl, ditto on that. Again McVain reminds me of Bob Dole, who used to refer to himself in the third person routinely, with this "my friend" business. Not one of mine.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »
The land of KKK Byrd has fallen to the Huckster.  :mental:

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »
Oops....I meant West Virginia, not Kentucky.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/02/paul_claims_del.html

Looks like there's a big stop-the-Mormon movement by the GOP.

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »
It's official! McLiar and the Huckster are tag teaming Romney. I'm not clear on details but it looks like Romney was about to win West Virginia and McCheater told his misguided fans to throw in with the Huckster, Huckster wins. :banghead:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
It does appear to be a close call for the Republicans at this point.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »
ABC: McCain wins along the east coast and Illinois.  Hillary and Barry O. are neck-and-neck.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »
McCain projections: DE, IL, NJ

It's early yet.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 08:17:33 PM »
ABC Radio is already lamenting "Romney's poor finish".  :censored:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 08:41:41 PM »
Well I suppose I could set this one out since it looks to be two candidates with no difference between them in Nov.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »
Well I suppose I could set this one out since it looks to be two candidates with no difference between them in Nov.

This is only the halfway point for winning delegates.

McCain has won 4 states, Huckabee 3.  California polls will be open for another hour.

Things could improve.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »
McCain is leading Romney 3:1.  The Huckster has 54 delegates.

Doctor Ron Paul has six delegates.  Do you think he'll invite them over for dinner?

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/

Offline Bh

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 09:15:26 PM »
 Has the "Honorable Dr. Paul" (Patent Pending) surged yet? :hyper:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 09:16:38 PM »
Don't discount the Huckster!  He's only got 54 delegates but he's going strong!  But we think Romney is toast.  :whatever:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 11:12:42 PM »
saw earlier that there are more than 2 million absentee votes nationwide to tally still.... all this 'news' has been interesting tonight, but we wont know the actual outcome til tomorrow. maybe thursday.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 04:10:12 AM »
McCain is leading Romney 3:1.  The Huckster has 54 delegates.

Doctor Ron Paul has six delegates.  Do you think he'll invite them over for dinner?

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/candidates/

No but he'll hold them hostage to the highest bidder so to speak at the convention.

Offline djones520

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 04:16:42 AM »
Newest numbers on delegates according to Foxnews.

McCain: 570
Romney: 251
Huckabee: 175
Paul: 14

Clinton: 760
Obama: 692
Edwards(?): 26

Seems like Clintons gonna have a tough fight on her hands.  Though I think it's safe to say that McCains gonna get the nomination now.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 05:40:38 AM »
Newest numbers on delegates according to Foxnews.

McCain: 570
Romney: 251
Huckabee: 175
Paul: 14

Clinton: 760
Obama: 692
Edwards(?): 26

Seems like Clintons gonna have a tough fight on her hands.  Though I think it's safe to say that McCains gonna get the nomination now.

I hope the difference going into the Dem convention is small enough that Florida will make or break Hillary. Oh the fighting that will follow.. Delicious...