Author Topic: Russia's most famous - and glamorous - female bodyguard killed  (Read 3133 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Russia's most famous - and glamorous - female bodyguard killed as her Porsche is carjacked in Moscow

Last updated at 10:07am on 30th January 2008

(c) London Daily Mail

LINK

(EXCERPT)

Russia's most famous female bodyguard Anna Loginova has been killed after failing to prevent her own Porsche being carjacked.

The glamorous 29-year-old died from head injuries after clinging on to the door handle and being dragged along the street at high speed as the car screeched away.

"She suffered serious injuries and died at the scene," said a police spokesman.

================================================================================

Oh, and this thread is worthless without pics.  What an effin shame.

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Russia's most famous - and glamorous - female bodyguard killed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
It's just a stupid piece of metal and it ain't worth your life.

*sigh* 

Lesson for others.  My wife and I have agreed that if she ever gets carjacked to give 'em the keys and run like hell.  If someone gets in (somehow, but my wife keeps the other door always locked) -- she is to crash the car into the nearest wall, tree or power pole as fast and hard as possible (don't do this if you don't have airbags).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:53:47 AM »
Bodyguard?

I'd hit it...in a non-assassination kinda way.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:30:52 PM »

*sigh* 

Lesson for others.  My wife and I have agreed that if she ever gets carjacked to give 'em the keys and run like hell.  If someone gets in (somehow, but my wife keeps the other door always locked) -- she is to crash the car into the nearest wall, tree or power pole as fast and hard as possible (don't do this if you don't have airbags).
Or do what I've done: at intersections, you put the vehicle in neutral with your hand on the shifter, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right so that the tires are angled outwards - if someone tries to jack you, knock it into reverse and floor it - makes a nice little greasy spot out of the would-be jacker. Thank goodness I've never had to employ this tactic. I do know it works though - cop relative of mine got to write a report about one. I hope I never have to find out.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »
Unfortunately her training to fight back and protect is probably what did her in. It may be the car did not mean that much to her, but she just kind of automatically went into a mode she was used to. Shame...very pretty lady and tough as nails I'd bet when she's not being dragged by a car.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »

*sigh* 

Or do what I've done: at intersections, you put the vehicle in neutral with your hand on the shifter, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right so that the tires are angled outwards - if someone tries to jack you, knock it into reverse and floor it - makes a nice little greasy spot out of the would-be jacker. Thank goodness I've never had to employ this tactic. I do know it works though - cop relative of mine got to write a report about one. I hope I never have to find out.

I prefer this method of thwarting car jacking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjjtkWf1mkM
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »
^dang!!! does it come with marshmallows for roasting??? :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »

*sigh* 

That'll leave a nice carbon footprint!!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline yin/yang

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »

*sigh* 

Cool!!!! If some car jacker only got 2nd degree burns they would sue you for the car in our legal system and win.....