Author Topic: Actor heath Ledger dead...  (Read 10668 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: Actor heath Ledger dead...
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 09:52:59 PM »
I am shocked. Never thought this could happen. I know if the divorce had anything to do with this.

they were never married... but the TMZ guy is saying Ledger was really crushed over not seeing his little girl more.. and the break up with his girlfriend.

apparently, pills were found near him...

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 07:27:59 AM »
Oh what a circus. oh what a show.... :whatever:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »
RIP Heath.

Reports say it was prescription meds (depression, anti-anxiety, possibly sleeping meds) I think that combined with a bout of pneumonia, traveling back and forth to London did him in. Entertainment outlets are saying it was an accident. One place reported that in an earlier interview, he said he couldn't sleep for days on end and took Ambien. Later in the night, he awoke in stumper and took more without realizing it. Sleep meds do weird things to people. I wonder if he accidentally took more of something??
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »
RIP Heath.

Reports say it was prescription meds (depression, anti-anxiety, possibly sleeping meds) I think that combined with a bout of pneumonia, traveling back and forth to London did him in. Entertainment outlets are saying it was an accident. One place reported that in an earlier interview, he said he couldn't sleep for days on end and took Ambien. Later in the night, he awoke in stumper and took more without realizing it. Sleep meds do weird things to people. I wonder if he accidentally took more of something??

I think abuse on a body that was already weak from pneumonia did the poor fella in. . .slamming yourself full of meds while your body is trying to repair itself is not always  the best thing. Plus, I heard his work in The Dark Night really took a toll on his mind  and probably wore him out psychologically. Either way, Heath Ledger was under a good amount of stress, weak and went a little too far in self medicating. I definitely think it was an accident and bad medicine effects...prolly took stuff that was contra-indicated.

It sucks... God rest his soul.

*TKay*

Offline Lauri

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:13 AM »
RIP Heath.

my nephew had something similiar happen to him. he was having stomach trouble at school and had some kind of secondary flu bug or something.. and he mixed up his meds (we think) and died at his college dorm alone.

its a terrible accident but most of us wondered if he'd killed himself. turns out the autopsy was inconclusive, but he was in a good place emotionally ... he had had a troubled teen-hood though.

whats terrible is you will just never know..

i hope it was an accident for their sakes..

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »
Lauri, I am so sorry for your loss.

My grandfather killed himself. He was terminally ill and wanted to end the pain. It's still devastating to know he felt that was the best option. He was in the Navy in WWII and a police detective for 30+ years. He was one of the last true blue heroes. I can kind of understand going out with your boots on I guess. It still leaves a path of devastation for your family though.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »

My grandfather killed himself. He was terminally ill and wanted to end the pain. It's still devastating to know he felt that was the best option. He was in the Navy in WWII and a police detective for 30+ years. He was one of the last true blue heroes. I can kind of understand going out with your boots on I guess. It still leaves a path of devastation for your family though.

My grandfather did as well. I think we had this conversation before.

http://usmilnet.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/Grandfather31stIDWWII.jpg
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »

My grandfather did as well. I think we had this conversation before.

http://usmilnet.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/Grandfather31stIDWWII.jpg
He was very handsome. God rest their souls.

Here's mine back in the early 80's with his mother. I don't have any pictures of him in the service.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »

yikes... that is definitely tough to take.

I am sorry for you and Kevin as well... that sucks. I've had deaths, but nothing like suicide.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
I thought of him as an Aussie jerk who dissed Bush, W. Virginia and Salt Lake City.  (the latter two because theatres there would NOT show "Brokeback Mountain")

All that aside, it is always sad to hear about a tragic death of a young person.   My condolences to his loved ones.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:14:29 PM by GREEN BAY PACKERS RULE aka H-TOWN MACK »

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »

they were never married... but the TMZ guy is saying Ledger was really crushed over not seeing his little girl more.. and the break up with his girlfriend.

apparently, pills were found near him...

I heard he had sleeping problems and was takng Ambien. The pills did not work well as expected and kept taking more and more. It's probably was an accidental death. I know he did not like all the attention he received.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:43:46 PM by EbolaZaire »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 08:43:35 PM »
The news today (ABC Radio) reported there was "a rolled up dollar bill" found next to the body. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »
The news today (ABC Radio) reported there was "a rolled up dollar bill" found next to the body. 

and Xanax crushed up.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »

and Xanax crushed up.

I missed that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »
I heard about the rolled up dollar bill. This sucks, I really enjoyed him as a actor.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Actor heath Ledger dead...UPDATE!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
Phelps is at it again...

Fred Phelps Goes Down Under

By Mike S. Adams
Wednesday, January 30, 2008

(c) Townhall.com

(Excerpt)

Fred Phelps, the pastor and head lunatic of Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas (call 785-273-0325 or visit godhatesfags.com) has written an open letter to the family of Heath Ledger. In the short letter is a demand that the Ledger family divulge the time, date, and place of the late actor’s burial in Perth, Australia, so WBC can go - in respectful proximity - and conduct a “religious service.”

Fred Phelps has already caused untold suffering and pain to the families of dead American soldiers by protesting their funerals with signs proclaiming that “God Hates America” because “Gad Hates Fags” and America tolerates them. He even proclaims on his website that Americans should celebrate Improvised Explosive Devices as a gift from a God who is punishing the soldiers by blowing them up – again, for America’s crime of tolerating homosexuality.

Phelps says that Heath Ledger would want the Westboro clan (or perhaps, Klan) to appear at his funeral for three reasons:

1. As a warning to the living that they should repent, "lest they also come into this place of torment. The church claims that Heath is pleading right now for somebody on earth to preach the truth to his family, unless they, too, “join him in Hell.”

2 If Heath could come back to life to speak to his loved ones on earth, he would “lift up his voice in a hideous scream,” in order to say "Listen to Phelps! For God's sake, Listen to Phelps.”

3. Finally, that the Ledger family owes it to the youth of a world that Heath misled in his movie "Broke Back Mountain" – specifically by misleading them into believing it was permissible, morally speaking, to be gay.

LINK
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
I'm guessing the answer to Phelps will be something along the lines of F*ck Off Asshat.