Author Topic: Fred Quits  (Read 15704 times)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Fred Quits
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 10:30:44 AM »

You all are talking about a Romney/Thompson ticket...but I can more realistically see a McCain/Thompson ticket. Thompson voted pretty much in-line with McCain (from what I can remember), and they are very good friends as well.

I don't see either one.  I don't think Thompson wants to be Veep.  Thompson had a more conservative ACU rating than McCain but did get along well with him. 

That being said, most of the Fred supporters I know are gravitating towards Romney.  The other candidates are just too nauseating to contemplate.

At least I voted for Fred and my conscience is clear.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »
Fred is claiming no VP run or a desire to hold a Cabinet position. I hope he changes his mind.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2008, 10:34:43 AM »
Politically, why ask Fred to Veep when he wasn't getting much support in the voting booth or polls?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »
Fred is claiming no VP run or a desire to hold a Cabinet position. I hope he changes his mind.

Praying for Romney/Thompson?

This race holds no joy for me anymore.... <Deletes her Thompson/Hunter campaign art files>

*TKay*

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »
Actually, I'm now praying for "Anyone but the Dem nominee". Sigh.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 10:52:27 AM »
Politically, why ask Fred to Veep when he wasn't getting much support in the voting booth or polls?

The idea has been, at least on paper, to balance out the ticket, both geographically and politically.  Assuming Romney gets the nomination, you'd want a southern/western running mate with a pretty solidly conservative record.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »
I hear ya Dixie... I hear ya.

*TKay*

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
The fact that Fred didn't act like not being POTUS would devestate him was what I liked about him.  I still think he was the best man for the job, because that doesn't make him who he is.  Even if he's not POTS, he's still just Fred.  It wasn't about power with him, it was about making the country the place it's suppose to be.  He was a big proponent of states rights.  That's what I got from him anyway.  Now, I have no idea who I'm gonna vote for.  At this point it don't realy matter, they're all the same.  Liberal Lite.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lauri

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »
and hillary went angry, which was also unexpected...

Now THAT, was hilarious!  :lmao:

She called Obama a worker for a slum lord, he called her a worker for Wal-Mart. Gotta love it.  :-)

i did enjoy that as well... now Bill is on Drudge with a headline that says, "i like it when Hillary and Obama fight!" 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2008, 11:37:03 AM »

You all are talking about a Romney/Thompson ticket...but I can more realistically see a McCain/Thompson ticket. Thompson voted pretty much in-line with McCain (from what I can remember), and they are very good friends as well.

I can take Thompson on any ticket... McCain, not at all.

But McCain isnt the front runner, so for now, I'm not even going to consider him.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »
I don't really care anymore, I'm just gonna vote to say I did.  That way I have a right to bitch about whoever the nominee is for the next four years.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Lauri

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
I don't really care anymore, I'm just gonna vote to say I did.  That way I have a right to bitch about whoever the nominee is for the next four years.

so its down to 'whoever the GOP nominee is.." that's who we should support now?  why are we letting the media tell us its McCain in the lead, when he isnt??

i can vote for Mitt without feeling bad about it ..but yeah, i will still bitch about him.

its my right..  :cheersmate:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »
As it is right now McCain has maybe half of the delegates Romney has and no support from Republicans at all. It looks like barring a major upset that our canadate maybe Romney. Just how that might work against Hillzilla is something to worry about.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
As it is right now McCain has maybe half of the delegates Romney has and no support from Republicans at all. It looks like barring a major upset that our canadate maybe Romney. Just how that might work against Hillzilla is something to worry about.

I think he might need a really good running mate.  Or lots of personal security.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »
[youtube=425,350]ET7tODkQyTU[/youtube]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »

so its down to 'whoever the GOP nominee is.." that's who we should support now?  why are we letting the media tell us its McCain in the lead, when he isnt??

i can vote for Mitt without feeling bad about it ..but yeah, i will still bitch about him.

its my right..  :cheersmate:

Unfortunately, I'll be voting for Mitt in the primary.  If the nominee is McCain, I'll take some pepto and vote for him in the general.

Offline NonConformist

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2008, 01:17:04 PM »
Yeah I was really dissapointed whe he did. He was the best hope for us not to get screwed by the POTUS

McCain, Romney and Giulani are just RINOs

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »
[youtube=425,350]ET7tODkQyTU[/youtube]

Thanks for sharing the link Chris!
I followed it to redstateupdate.com and from there went to eBay.  Funny comments there.  http://cgi.ebay.com/Fred-Thompson-Portrait-by-Jackie-Broyles_W0QQitemZ120214253794QQihZ002QQcategoryZ357QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem