Author Topic: The judge is a Marine, too  (Read 3842 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
The judge is a Marine, too
« on: January 19, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »
Remember that lawyer that keyed the Marine's car?

Well, the case got to court, and the presiding judge is a Marine, too.

As any Marine will tell you, you are forever a Marine.

The defendant was late, and the judge let him have it:

The Judge asked him if he had committed the specific acts he was accused of. The defendant hemmed and hawed, and the Judge raised his voice to make him say yes or no. The defendant agreed, and the Judge read the facts into the record. Several times, the Judge said if there were no deal, he would be given a court date just like any other defendant, and he could try and make bail soon.

The deal: 1 year Social Service Supervision, restitution of 600 dollars to be paid to Social Services and which would go to the Injured Marine Semper Fi fund, to be paid by February 25th, 2008, and $50/month in supervision fees.

The Judge then, in as angry a voice as I have ever heard him use, scolded the defendant, saying that the Marine license plates the complaining witness had were not vanity plates or about ego, but the proceeds go toward the Marine and Navy scholarship fund for the children of fallen soldiers, sailors and marines. These Marines protect his very existence "so people like you can enjoy their freedom." He further said that the reason there were so many in the courtroom and so much public interest is that the Marines have a tradition since 1775 that "No Marine gets left behind." Several Hoorahs in the courtroom.

http://faustasblog.com/2008/01/judge-is-marine-too.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
Re: The judge is a Marine, too
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
I guess my bad wasn't going to work?
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
That lawyer is a freaking loser.  He is ever so lucky he didn't end up in traction over that kind of B.S.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »
It was a good day in America.  I think a HBO movie should be in the works. 

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 01:17:31 PM »
That lawyer is a freaking loser.  He is ever so lucky he didn't end up in traction over that kind of B.S.

No he's fortunate that the Marine had better sense than to kick a pile of shit and get it on his boots.  :-)
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »

No he's fortunate that the Marine had better sense than to kick a pile of shit and get it on his boots.  :-)
  true, but it would be a better story if they did.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »
The verbal smackdown in court was PRICELESS. Hoo Rah!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Don't just thank Judge O'Malley... Thank the clerk/scheduling person who drew up the schedule that allowed for a measure of justice.

*TKay*

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 02:44:23 AM »
Don't just thank Judge O'Malley... Thank the clerk/scheduling person who drew up the schedule that allowed for a measure of justice.

*TKay*
Hadn't thought about that.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline MASHLover

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 06:52:06 AM »
was he ordered to pay for repairs to the Marine's vehicle as well??

I am at work and cant access the link so thats why I asked the above question.
formerly Striker

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
was he ordered to pay for repairs to the Marine's vehicle as well??

I am at work and cant access the link so thats why I asked the above question.

No he wasn't.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.