Author Topic: Pre-Post Election "Blame it on Ohio" Thread  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Pre-Post Election "Blame it on Ohio" Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
My Husband is A-Political though he leans towards Conservatism, when we get our ballot in the mail he says "how are we voting" and I go over the ballot and tell him who to vote for, and how to vote on the ballot question.

:rotf:  my hubby doesn't vote if I don't make him and I hold something over his head that he won't be getting unless he votes and I have proof  :lol:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »
:lmao:

My Husband is actually pretty good to go out and vote, I just want to make sure he votes the right way LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline hillneck

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »
INdemo (3,024 posts)
7. If Rmoney wins we will not have any rights to pass new legislation
The corporate cats will control us, we will lose what we have fought for over the last 250 years...we lose our democracy so what is left..nothing.

A prime example of being too STUPID to vote.    :banghead:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
I'm not making light of your situation, but I'm sure in the horse and buggy days they'd have an excuse too. We can all have an excuse but voting day is the 1st Tuesday in Nov. that's what it should be except in a few special circumstances like I stated above.

Yet as was stated above, people will stand in line for days to get the newest iphone, priorities.

If most the people in Iraq could brave possible assassination in order to get a purple thumb, I don't wanna hear any excuses. Polls are open until 7 here. How many hours a day do ya work? Anyone who says they just don't have time is full of shit!

From a hammer wacking it if you push 'democratic'? :-)

Works for me, if I get to do the whacking!

And how many of those people in the iphone line do you think vote republican?

El Rushbo is an avid Apple user and promotes the stuff, so I don't think ya can judge it that way.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:49:27 PM by AllosaursRus »
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
If most the people in Iraq could brave possible assassination in order to get a purple thumb, I don't wanna hear any excuses. Polls are open until 7 here. How many hours a day do ya work? Anyone who says they just don't have time is full of shit!

Since the polls open at 6 AM here, I go before work.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
Since the polls open at 6 AM here, I go before work.

Isn't it a law that a company has to let you go vote during business hours if the polls close 30 minutes before you get off of work? 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »

I work from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.  (Fri-Sun.)

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 01:54:34 PM »
I work from 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.  (Fri-Sun.)

So ya think ya might find time to vote? I'm sure you of all people will.

I rest my case.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 04:01:35 PM »
iphone users could go either way politically.
My brother and SIL both vote Republican, and have iPhones.  (Come to think of it, he tells her how to vote, as she's a pharmacist and really doesn't get much time to listen/look at news.)

El Rushbo is an avid Apple user and promotes the stuff, so I don't think ya can judge it that way.

yall didnt read my question, its not about iphone users (i have one myself) its about standing in line for days to get one.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »

yall didnt read my question, its not about iphone users (i have one myself) its about standing in line for days to get one.

Ah! That does go a little far. I ain't standin' in line for anything Apple makes. I'm one of the few, I guess, that don't think they're all that fantastic. Especially now when the frikkin' price is still thru the roof and they're bein' manufactured in China.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »

Excellent analogy!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »

I don't think we can say either way what the political breakdown is of those waiting on lines for days and hours for an iphone.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
I don't think we can say either way what the political breakdown is of those waiting on lines for days and hours for an iphone.

If they are waiting for days then they are liberals who don't have a job.  :-)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
If they are waiting for days then they are liberals who don't have a job.  :-)

Or they could be conservatives who take the time off, we don't know.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 04:57:06 PM »
Or they could be conservatives who take the time off, we don't know.

I don't know a single conservative that would waste their time off waitin' for a damn phone!