Author Topic: primitive tried hopping on the disability gravy train at 27  (Read 1474 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
primitive tried hopping on the disability gravy train at 27
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1141564

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 08:28 PM
I_Like_Hammers (30 posts)

Any point in a 30 year old applying for SSDI/SSI? In Georgia?

I'm "only" 30 and have heart problems that basically prevent me from doing anything that even comes close to raising my heart rate.
I also have crippling social anxiety, but that doesn't seem to be a disability according to SS.
I've already applied once, when I was 27. Took me 3 years for SS to deny me 3 times and basically ask why I even bothered. Had a lawyer, but he literally chuckled when I explained what was wrong with me, in our first meeting. He didn't even try and later simply gave up, without so much as a "I'm sorry."

So I ask, is there any point in me, a 30 year old, even trying anymore?
I can't work. It is torture to stay awake longer than about 2 hours at any time, due to the heart pain. I HAVE to sleep, as that is the ONLY thing that helps it. And keep in mind I'm in Georgia, red state hell, so even if I had no arms or legs, it would still be hell dealing with SS.

Fri Jul 17, 2015, 11:47 PM
mackerel (3,810 posts)
7. SDI/SSI is a Federal Program so the state part doesn't matter.

You need supportive doctors who will be willing fill-out a residual functional capacity form for you. Everything is empirical evidence so you need to have the medical back up on your side.

What?  You say you need EMPIRICAL evidence?  But I FEEEEEEEEEL that I need disability!!!  Come'on man, can't  you cut a brother a break?

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 08:37 PM
Kalidurga (9,157 posts)
2. I have no idea.

I can't imagine living in Georgia and being dead broke and suffering from multiple disabilities. Especially ones that make it harder to even seek treatment. Going to the doctors to get documented is time consuming and if you have to sleep a lot it's hard to keep appointments and for some reason missing appointments is a reason for the government to say you aren't as disabled as you are. One of my sisters in Tennessee has Graves disease among many other problems and she had a hella time getting disability, I don't recall how long it too, but it was a long time and in the meantime she had to move from relatives house to relatives house, because she had no money, not even for food. Basically she had to be supported by the family for over a year, but I don't know how much longer than that other than it took longer than that.

As for myself I have a similar situation. I can't stay awake for much longer than four hours at a time. I ache all over and that is everyday. I am exhausted and I have other problems too numerous to mention. The only one I actually care about is the fatigue if I wasn't tired I wouldn't let the aches and pains get in my way of working nor the other problems, I would just deal with those issues as well as I can. Also I can't stand without holding onto something for more than a couple of minutes even if I am in line I hold on to a cart or something otherwise it's very difficult and painful, pacing helps a little.

The funniest thing about this primitive is they are here whining and moaning about in the disability forum, and they have the ANARCHY sign for their avatar. 

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 08:31 PM
Star Member Thinkingabout (17,683 posts)
1. There are others who have disabilities perhaps not of the disabilities you

Listed but they do apply for SSI and SSDI.

Yes!  Apply again!  Just be sure to report back to the DUmp so we can laugh at you.  Again. 

Sat Jul 11, 2015, 09:22 PM
840high (9,158 posts)
4. What has your doctor said?

No response from the OP on this. 

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: primitive tried hopping on the disability gravy train at 27
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
I imagine that laboraphobia is a tough disability to have. In conjunction with ImaWantingstuff syndrome I would think that life would be a living hell. I guess a dose of Assoffthecouchin and Getajobine is too expensive for the young man. 
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »
I imagine that laboraphobia is a tough disability to have. In conjunction with ImaWantingstuff syndrome I would think that life would be a living hell. I guess a dose of Assoffthecouchin and Getajobine is too expensive for the young man.

Perhaps his conscientious physician could preform a videogamectomy. I hear they can do them outpatient these days.

:rofl:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »
I remember the Las Vegas Leviathan didn't file his disability renewal claim on time (he's fat-that was his disability).  He and his wife went hungry for a month. They were shocked that no one in the office cared to speed up the process.

Free money is an opiate that has lured many DUmmies into a trap. when the freebie govt collapses (and it will), then you will starve.

Live on the govt dole, Die on the govt dole.
27, able to work, but lies to get out of work. I hope you die.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
I swear - If Jack Kevorkian were still alive, DU would serve as his own personal Amazon.com .

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 08:07:47 PM »
Sat Jul 11, 2015, 08:28 PM

Any point in a 30 year old applying for SSDI/SSI? In Georgia?

I'm "only" 30 and have heart problems that basically prevent me from doing anything that even comes close to raising my heart rate.
I also have crippling social anxiety, but that doesn't seem to be a disability according to SS.
I've already applied once, when I was 27. Took me 3 years for SS to deny me 3 times and basically ask why I even bothered. Had a lawyer, but he literally chuckled when I explained what was wrong with me, in our first meeting. He didn't even try and later simply gave up, without so much as a "I'm sorry."

So I ask, is there any point in me, a 30 year old, even trying anymore?
I can't work. It is torture to stay awake longer than about 2 hours at any time, due to the heart pain. I HAVE to sleep, as that is the ONLY thing that helps it. And keep in mind I'm in Georgia, red state hell, so even if I had no arms or legs, it would still be hell dealing with SS.

All righty... let me see if I understand the poor dummie's dilemma.  He has heart pain. OK. He has to sleep because he has heart pain? Okey dokey.  He can't stay awake more than 2 hours due to his heart pain? Okey dokey. 

I think I got it.

First question: Why is the dummie having heart pain? Perhaps the dummie should seek medical care. Since the dummie don't have a job, the dummie should be getting free obamacare... known as medicaid.

Second question: If the dummie is in so much pain, how the hell does it sleep.  I know when my knee starts acting up sleep is just not gonna happen until I am utterly exhausted.

Third question: If the dummie cannot stay awake more than two hours at a time, how does the dummie find time to navigate the gummint bureaucracy?  Everytime I go to the DMV, I end up wasting at least 3 hours. Got to be worse at the disability place.

I think the dummie is suffering from terminal laziness. I think the dummie should follow my cure for its heart pain.  It is really simple.  Find a parking garage or bridge... and jump off it.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 08:42:56 PM »
My advice to this DUmmy is to vacate his parent's basement and move to one of the more compassionate blue states in the north east like New York or CT metro area.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »
I dunno. Rip Van Winkle slept a lot and he ended up OK.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:56:05 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 09:38:17 PM »
I've always been curious about this, coming from the "disabled" primitives:

As many here know, I am deaf, stone deaf, with little or no understanding of people who suddenly appear in front of me.  It causes a great deal of complications, some of them interesting, others of them funny, but most of them tediously exasperating, taking a great deal of time and trouble and vexation to resolve.

This "social anxiety" thing.

But somehow, just somehow, I seem to do okay, and don't feel any need for the rest of society to compensate me for the problems it causes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »
No, being a giant ***** is not a recognized medical condition.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »
Odds are that unaccustomed and unbearable pain in his chest when he does anything physical is muscle fatigue.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 11:11:57 PM »
Odds are that unaccustomed and unbearable pain in his chest when he does anything physical is muscle fatigue.

That would be funny if it wasn't true.  H5!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:56 AM »
No, being a giant ***** is not a recognized medical condition.

So.....I'm wondering about something.

Social anxiety is a specific form of anxiety. It is an emotion characterized by a discomfort or a fear when a person is in a social interaction that involves a concern of being judged or evaluated by others. It is typically characterised by an intense fear of what others are thinking about them (specifically fear of embarrassment or humiliation, criticism, or rejection), which results in the individual feeling insecure and not good enough for other people, and/or the assumption that peers will automatically reject them.

Seriously now, and you'd know more about this than I do.

When the telephone rings, and one has to answer it, having no idea who's at the other end and what the call is about, it seems to me that would be this "social anxiety."

Dealing with people over the telephone--people about whom you know nothing, people whose issues are unclear to you when you're first called by them--surely that initially causes "social anxiety," until you know who it is and what the problem is?

So how come you're not whining, sir?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
What a crock of shit.
Stoned out retard living on uppers and downers.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »
Social anxiety is a specific form of anxiety. It is an emotion characterized by a discomfort or a fear when a person is in a social interaction that involves a concern of being judged or evaluated by others. It is typically characterised by an intense fear of what others are thinking about them (specifically fear of embarrassment or humiliation, criticism, or rejection), which results in the individual feeling insecure and not good enough for other people, and/or the assumption that peers will automatically reject them.

My wife suffers slightly from something similar, but she's gotten better at dealing with it. She gets nervous whenever she has to talk to someone she doesn't know and she has to deal with the person directly.  This even applies to talking to a cashier in a checkout line. 

She rarely goes shopping by herself.  :-)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 08:06:53 PM »

That used to be called being shy.

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »

That was why I hated having to give book reports in front of the class.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 07:30:26 AM »
For some strange reason (probably because my dad and granddad were people people) I don't have any shyness--at least outwardly.  On the inside, I've gone over every possible scenario and I've settled on the worst ones.  I make it through with no real problem, though.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 11:18:48 PM »

Yeah.

It's kind of nice dealing with people who aren't the "in your face" type, but one can carry shyness too far.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 12:29:50 AM »
I didn't like doing book reports because I hated doing homework.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 03:01:43 AM »
Another prime example of why SSDI is on track to go broke next summer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline dixierose

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »

GMTA. I was going to post the exact same thing.

:cheersmate:
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »

I despised that. Public speaking just terrifies me.  I have trouble making small talk, let alone standing up in front of a bunch of people and talking.   :rant:

:lol: :lol:  H5!  That made me LOL!

Yeah.

It's kind of nice dealing with people who aren't the "in your face" type, but one can carry shyness too far.

I don't think shy people mean to carry it too far Coach. I just think they feel so uneasy they really don't know what to do.

GMTA. I was going to post the exact same thing.

:cheersmate:

Back at ya, Dixie!!!! :cheersmate:

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 10:45:59 PM »
What disability does he have? Must be whiny crybaby, which goes by butthurt.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »

You must have had a change of heart at some point.
Because now you are doing a whole lot of homework...on your cars !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.