Author Topic: True Crime Forum Proposal  (Read 13497 times)

Offline Boudicca

True Crime Forum Proposal
« on: July 10, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Frank invited me to express my suggestion for a forum devoted to true crime in the appropriately titled Suggestions and Feedback Forum.  While I seriously doubt that it, or any other forum at CC would ever rival the popularity of the ever hilarious DUmpster, nevertheless given the current fascination in the general populace with all things forensic, it could well draw in some apolitical types.  As I write this, there have been nearly 6400 views of the Casey Anthony topic in Breaking News.  I don't think anyone would argue that it hasn't been Breaking News for awhile, yet, unlike other topics in that forum, it hasn't fallen off the front page in days.  With almost 500 responses in this thread, it's evident to me that there's a seemingly endless fascination, if I may be forgiven for using that word, with true crime subject matter.

Perhaps the mods would allow a trial period for a True Crime forum of a month, at which time, depending upon the volume of traffic, it could be continued or canned.  Thanks for considering my suggestion.   :cheersmate:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline cmypay

Re: True Crime Forum Proposal
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:53:24 PM »
I think it's a great suggestion! It is definately interesting to watch the justice system work...or not work, depending on the case.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »
I think it's a great suggestion! It is definately interesting to watch the justice system work...or not work, depending on the case.

Thanks, cmypay, I appreciate your kind words!

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
Frank invited me to express my suggestion for a forum devoted to true crime in the appropriately titled Suggestions and Feedback Forum.  While I seriously doubt that it, or any other forum at CC would ever rival the popularity of the ever hilarious DUmpster, nevertheless given the current fascination in the general populace with all things forensic, it could well draw in some apolitical types.  As I write this, there have been nearly 6400 views of the Casey Anthony topic in Breaking News.  I don't think anyone would argue that it hasn't been Breaking News for awhile, yet, unlike other topics in that forum, it hasn't fallen off the front page in days.  With almost 500 responses in this thread, it's evident to me that there's a seemingly endless fascination, if I may be forgiven for using that word, with true crime subject matter.

Perhaps the mods would allow a trial period for a True Crime forum of a month, at which time, depending upon the volume of traffic, it could be continued or canned.  Thanks for considering my suggestion.   :cheersmate:

Oh yes there are those of us that love a good British mystery to us who wonder about trials in our town.

We had the Susan Smart trial here, a close area to me that was most interesting,   

Then the --Cannot remember the names ----A pregnant woman and husband had just left birthing classes in Boston and at a stop light some male came up, shot the woman and shot the husband.--------What a mess, the woman died and husband lived. 

So sad, the husband was recovering in the hospital from being gut shot and the Boston police went crazy looking for the killer that was described as a black man.

After the black comunity were terrorised by the police, all black men were suspect, the truth came out.

The Husband and his brother had killed the pregnant wife, Some where in here one of the males committed suicide ..  It got really odd watching the Boston police drag his dead body from the river.

These storeys of real life and WTF, cause us to pay attention, and be more aware of things then we are.

We need to find a good case on True TV to get our teeth into, much better then going to a book club and talking about some authors story.

Lots of odd and strange cases out there, why not discuss real life other then some authors story.???

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »
Vesta, you're thinking about the murder of Carol Stuart and baby Christopher in Boston.  The murdering bastard was the "man" mom and unborn babe should have been able to trust the MOST, Charles Stuart.
He saved the taxpayers alot of money, and maybe the families alot of heartache, by diving off the Tobin Bridge and killing himself.  Too bad Scott Peterson didn't do the same thing. :mad:

Parents who,  in cold blood, murder their children, particularly those in the womb or youngsters, are the most foul of all God's creation, and I don't give a **** what reason they supposedly have. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Stuart_(murderer)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »
Sorry to bump this topic. I think it would be a cool idea to have a True Crime section.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
Sorry to bump this topic. I think it would be a cool idea to have a True Crime section.

I'm not sorry you bumped the topic, Ptarmigan!  Thank you! :cheersmate:

We COULD begin one with all the crimes committed by this Misadministration (can anyone say Benghazi), and their slavering lapdogs who are aiders and abettors during and after the events. :fuelfire: