Author Topic: The samrock gets the slapdown  (Read 572 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
The samrock gets the slapdown
« on: March 04, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »
Quote from:
samrock

Democrats need to turn the republicans arguments against HCR on there head..

Now republicans are using there final bullet to try and stop HCR .. saying .. "Uh oh!! Ya better not vote for this or we will use that vote against ya in the election"..

Democrats should spit in their eye and say.. ok.. throw me in to that brier patch.. We will use your no vote against you!!.. We will say.. Who was it that wanted to place insurance companies between you and your doctor?? Who was it that wanted to keep allowing insurance companies to use pre-existing conditions to deny you health care??.. or kick you off your policy just as you wanted to use it cause ya got sick??.. Who did not want to lower health care costs by getting 30 million more insured so that they would NOT have to use emergency rooms as their health care

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7840729

Quote from:
kctim

2. That may work in Cali, but not here in MO

Why? Because it ignores what people are really concerned about. Almost everybody is for healthcare reform of some sort, what they don't want is govt controlling it, running it and taxing to pay for it.

Quote from:
samrock

3. Sooooooooo they want Insurance companies running and controlling it???.. Ones who answer to their stock holders.. ones who treat your health as a commodity..

Quote from:
kctim

5. Instead of govt running and controlling it? Um, YES!

They do not want to answer to govt concerning their healthcare and they want the freedom of choice to buy the insurance they want, IF they want.

You're not wrong for wanting an effective Democrat response, you are just wrong in picking this as being it.

Quote from:
samrock

6. They would really rather have an organization I.E. insurance companies in charge of their health care who's only answerable to their stock holders and are motivated to make a profit???.. Than government employees who are answerable to the voters and who's only motivation is to keep them happy so they will continue to vote for them???

Quote from:
kctim

7. Seriously?

Have you ever taken the time to speak with someone who was against the PO or single-payer? If you do, you will hear that 80+% of Americans are satisfied with their current insurance plans, so I really doubt they have much of a problem with how insurance companies make money off of them.

Another thing you will hear is that their freedoms are too important to give up and they would gladly pay more to not give them up.

Another thing you will hear is that if govt pays for and controls the peoples healthcare, then govt can control peoples lives in order to help keep costs down.

And, I am sorry, but that little quote about govt employees having the motivation to keep people happy is so silly, even I can answer it. Tell me, you ever been to a govt office? Did it feel like anybody cared at all? If not, did you notify everybody up the chain of command? Do you think any of those people thought they were "answerable" to you? I have and I didn't.

It pains the samrock primitive to imagine having to live his life without having some gov't agency telling him which way to turn, how, and when.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline shadeaux

Re: The samrock gets the slapdown
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:46:21 PM »
I'm going to keep an eye on samrock.  He sounds like he's looking to pick fights.  I like those people.   :-)

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:42:01 AM »
Oh my, what an entertaining little thread.  Kctim's last response doused the fire, and that was late yesterday afternoon.  Pretty good responses, the lousy freeper troll. 

Than government employees who are answerable to the voters and who's only motivation is to keep them happy so they will continue to vote for them???

Is Samrock so stupid as to not realize we don't vote for the mindless, faceless, soulless bureaucrats who administrate things?  Does he think that we vote for every DMV clerk?  Courthouse janitor?  I swear I want to smack these people across the face and tell them, "don't be so naive and stupid!!" 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:54:10 AM »
Is Samrock so stupid as to not realize we don't vote for the mindless, faceless, soulless bureaucrats who administrate things?  Does he think that we vote for every DMV clerk?  Courthouse janitor? 

Yes.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:03 AM »
samrock

3. Sooooooooo they want Insurance companies running and controlling it???.. Ones who answer to their stock holders.. ones who treat your health as a commodity..

Kinda like how we would rather have corporations competing to gain our business when we buy food, clothing, housing and other necessities of our lives and how we would storm the ramparts should the government seek to seize those as well.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."