Author Topic: Kinzinger on DeSantis Airlift: 'You Can't Do That!' DeSantis: 'Hold My Beer'  (Read 657 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2023/10/16/desantis-airlift-179-adults-91-children-and-two-dogs-rescued-from-israel-with-more-to-come-n1735419

While the White House dithered around, sending Americans trapped in Israel to Cyprus and other foreign locations, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis cut through the bureaucratic red tape to fly nearly 300 Floridians home to safety on Sunday.

Last week, just five days after the attack on Israel, which left thousands dead and injured, DeSantis signed an executive order “authorizing rescue operations in Israel to bring Floridians home,” according to his X post on Oct. 12. “We will not leave our residents behind. To the many Floridians who are stuck in Israel, trying to get home—help is on the way.”

Late Sunday night, he delivered on that promise, flying 179 adults, 91 children, and two dogs to Tampa, Fla., from the war zone.

It was an emotional homecoming for many of the Floridians.

Chaim Gobioff told the “Today” show at the airport that their family had spent most of last week huddled in a bomb shelter. “So in a physical sense, we are very grateful that we are here. We are very blessed that we had a governor, we have a Hashem [God] who got us here. God took care of everything.”

“These kids are having to dodge rockets,” DeSantis told reporters at the airport. “These kids are having terrorists come after them. That’s not the way the world should be.”

The DeSantis administration worked with Project Dynamo to rescue those stranded after most commercial flights from Israel to the U.S. were canceled in the wake of the horrific attack.

Project Dynamo CEO Bryan Stern said at the airport, “I can’t thank the governor enough. His team has been great—different parts of the Florida state machine.”

“This is our fourth war zone deployment in 24 months,” he said. “Five if you count Maui, six if you count Hurricane Ian, 602 missions, and this is the first time an American politician, a lawmaker, has ever met us… It just means so much for us. Usually we just show up and there’s nothing. There’s no welcome home, there’s nothing.”

Athena Thorne noted last week that part of the impetus for DeSantis’s order was inaction by the Biden administration.

Many, including former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (a CNN contributor, of course), had criticized DeSantis’s executive order last week, claiming that it was nothing more than a publicity stunt for the presidential candidate and that he didn’t have the authority to execute such an operation.

It’s no surprise that a Swamp Creature like Kinzinger would just throw up his hands and say, “Can’t be done!” and leave Americans in harm’s way—like Joe Biden did with Americans stranded in Afghanistan after his disastrous withdrawal. DeSantis, on the other hand, found a way to get the job done. When Americans are in danger, there’s no time to wait around for our dysfunctional Congress or some regulatory agency to sign off on every jot and tittle. Get the Americans home. Period.

Americans who took the Biden administration up on its offer to help evacuate from Israel were, unfortunately, dumped in Cyprus, Athens, or Germany and warned that they would need to pay for the transportation costs and find their own way back to the U.S., which Lincoln Brown wrote about last week. They were required to sign promissory notes agreeing to repay the U.S. government for travel costs.

Joe Biden spent the weekend in Delaware again, while DeSantis demonstrated leadership, compassion, and initiative. The airlifts are expected to continue until all Floridians are safely evacuated from Israel.

As usual, there is the flood of Twitter posts to illustrate the main point of the piece. But I continue to be impressed by DeSantis.

This is a guy who cuts through the bullshit and the paralyzing bureaucracy that the federal government seems to adore. DeSantis says, "Let's get it done" and it gets done.

Kudos for him and his Florida organization. I remain doubtful, however, that even he could begin to unravel the federal bureaucracy. But I, for one, am willing to put him in the White House to see what he can do to cut the federal government down to size.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Many, including former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (a CNN contributor, of course), had criticized DeSantis’s executive order last week, claiming that it was nothing more than a publicity stunt for the presidential candidate and that he didn’t have the authority to execute such an operation.

Kinzinger is just a useless douche bag. Our citizens were in danger and the goobermint pulled off some half assed evacuation while our governor actually brought our people home.

Leave it to a liberal to complain about success  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Kinzinger is just a useless douche bag. Our citizens were in danger and the goobermint pulled off some half assed evacuation while our governor actually brought our people home.

Leave it to a liberal to complain about success  :thatsright:

Certainly puts a stark contrast on the abandonment of Afghanistan to the Tali-whackos. I suspect this is what the leftist scum's panties are so knotted up over.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

Whatever relationship - total or none - between DeSantis' action and the 2024 Presidential campaign, there are 280 men, women, and children safely back the US who would still be in whatever degree of danger in Israel had they relied on Brandon. Jerks don't like their jerkitude exposed to shame, so I won't be surprised if Brandon attempts in some way to retaliate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

They really hate it when they get upstaged by someone who is not in their party.

And kinzinger is just another nobody who’s opinion is just hot air. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Whoziner?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

Whoziner?

An irrelevant former member of Pelosiroo's 1/6 Kangaroo Shamvestigation not taking his irrelevancy gracefully.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.