Author Topic: It seems to me there should be pressure brought to bear on those who refuse  (Read 930 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Stinky The Clown (62,985 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215325980

It seems to me there should be pressure brought to bear on those who refuse a vaccination

If life were fair, they should suffer the consequences on their own. But life is not fair and all of us can be affected by their moronic refusal. In a fair world, they would be ordered to get it. In our imperfect world, they cannot be.

We can, however, make their decision uncomfortable for them.

How about a few of these consequences:

No in-person school for the children of unvaccinated parents

No admittance to businesses that are open except during special designated times

Make it legal for insurers to charge higher premiums for certain policies based solely on vaccination status

Issue vaccination credentials and prohibit those without them from participation in many activities, including public transportation, airlines, hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, etc., etc.

I'm sure a loooong list can be compiled.

Maybe you can deport them to resettlement camps in the east...

Star Member DBoon (18,063 posts)

2. I would not do business with any place that did NOT restrict unvaccinated

Why risk my health when a competitor would actually care about the health of their customers?

We don't allow smoking due to the effect of second hand smoke while Covid is contagious and much more immediately lethal.

Stigmatizing behavior dangerous to others is one mechanism society uses to protect its members.

Maybe you could mark the shops as those who won't comply...

Pobeka (3,302 posts)

5. Health insurers can charge more for smokers now.

The cost of multiple weeks in the hospital is staggering, which will happen to a percentage of those who don't get vaccinated. Refusal to get vaccinated should automatically mean higher health premiums, no matter if private or thru medicare.

I have no desire to go into a restaurant who allows non vaccinated folks (unless they have a real medical waver). Absolutely don't want to be on an airplane with them.

You're right, if they don't want to be vaccinated, they should bear the cost to society for their refusal to do so. The cost of a vaccine resistant mutation arising from this group of risk takers has got to be close to a trillion dollars.

you could publicly humiliate them into complying with the State's mandates...

Star Member msongs (59,836 posts)

8. and how, exactly, are non-vaxxd people to be identified in public places? nt

Maybe you can force them to wear a badge on their clothing...

Sympthsical (948 posts)

40. Maybe slow that authoritarian roll there

Yeesh.

Even with vaccines, we should still mask and socially distance.

We've dealt with anti-vaxxers for decades. Now that it's Republicans, we need to re-order society?

People need to get a handle on this nonsense.

Im sure you can come up with some sort of solution that's final...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

The Nazi-Auschwitz analogy is less than weak because Pfizer and Moderna and J&J vaccines aren't death camps poised to kill 5 or 6 million people.

But Stinker is demanding Hitlerian-Stalinist-Maoist-Castroist-Chavista authoritarian action that intelligent freedom-loving US citizens should reflexively reject.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

so much for "my body, my choice"...

It's this same kind of thinking that will try to get people to accept the mark of the beast in the end times as told in the book of Revelations.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
If your vaccine works the unvaccinated are no threat to you.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Several threads over there just like this one.  I wonder why none of them have brought up the fact that very few black people will be able to get vaccinated.  You have to show ID to get the vaccine ...

::)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Are they saying gay men can be charged more for insurance now?  :fuelfire:

Offline SVPete

Several threads over there just like this one.  I wonder why none of them have brought up the fact that very few black people will be able to get vaccinated.  You have to show ID to get the vaccine ...

::)

KC

:rotf:

A cherished narrative-meme is that conservatives are the ones refusing to get vaccinated. It's true of some conservatives, obviously, though far from all. What Proggies don't like to know or be known is that race-baiters, including Farrakhan, have whipped up vaccine-refusal among blacks by calling the vaccines "white vaccines" and invoking 80-100 year-old spectres of the Tuskegee syphilis "experiments". Consequently, vaccine refusal is high among blacks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Look, jag off fascist Nazi DUmmy: No one had to pressure me to get vaccinated.  Had my first shot and the 2nd is coming next weekend.  Last I looked, this is still a free country.  And will never pressure people to get vaccinated.  I will certainly recommend it if asked.

But I sure as Hades NEVER going to carry my damn vaccination card ANYWHERE ANYTIME!  Nor have I or will I submit to contract tracing.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
BTW - the Army allowed us to decline. During the last OpSynch meeting 1/3 had gotten the shot or are scheduled to get it, 1/3 declined (G3 was bitching about the 1/3 that hadn't done either).
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
These people (DU) are absolutely obsessed with the vaccine/vaccination.  Even if I were to get vaccinated I'm not going to run around telling everyone.  My medical records are between me and my doctor.  Period.

My wife and I just canceled a cruise were supposed to take at the end of January this year and it got pushed, then pushed again, then canceled completely.  The cruise line gave us the option to keep our money with them and get a pretty good deal with some 'onboard' credits and other things, or cancel by May.

We could never get them to tell us if they were going to require vaccination in order to sail, so we are simply getting our refund.  Hated to do that, but I would have sailed in January. 

Who knows, at some point I may feel comfortable getting the vaccine, now is not the time for me and I won't be forced into a medical decision.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Those who three decades ago were calling for personal freedom now want to be part of the brown shirt crowd.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline DUmpDiver

Anybody got a mole that's still alive?  Somebody should remind the DUmmies that they're pushing "Trump" vaccines. (That both Biden and Harris said couldn't be trusted when they were running for office in 2020.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:04:18 PM by DUmpDiver »

Offline Old n Grumpy

The cost of a vaccine resistant mutation arising from this group of risk takers has got to be close to a trillion dollars.

Actually the cost is closer to a million, bazillion, trillion, quadrillion to the 9th power.
However our new prez will pull it out of his ass :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

Star Member DBoon (18,063 posts)

2. I would not do business with any place that did NOT restrict unvaccinated

How would you know, genius?

Pobeka is another one:

I have no desire to go into a restaurant who allows non vaccinated folks (unless they have a real medical waver). Absolutely don't want to be on an airplane with them.

When you walked into that restaurant, you didn't have to present your papers.  How are you going to know about everybody else there? 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:30:59 PM by Karin »

Offline SVPete

Anybody got a mole that's still alive?  Somebody should remind the DUmmies that they're pushing "Trump" vaccines. (That both Biden and Harris said couldn't be trusted when they were running for office in 2020.)

The chances that Stinker himself was vociferously on the Untested Trump Vaccine bandwagon back in September and October are really high. It was DU Party Line back then.

Offline DLR Pyro

When you walked into that restaurant, you didn't have to present your papers.  How are you going to know about everybody else there?

knowing how DUmmies are, I wouldn't put it past them to yell out to all the customers in the restaurant demanding them to raise their vaccination cards high above their heads for inspection as the DUmmy passed by on the way to his/her/it's table
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The chances that Stinker himself was vociferously on the Untested Trump Vaccine bandwagon back in September and October are really high. It was DU Party Line back then.

As always, without double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator

Yes, of course.  The sparkling old dude is not known for his constancy. 

Neither is his second wife.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

I'm sure a loooong list can be compiled.

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)Sun Apr 11, 2021, 09:35 PM
Sympthsical (969 posts)
40. Maybe slow that authoritarian roll there

Yeesh.

Even with vaccines, we should still mask and socially distance.

We've dealt with anti-vaxxers for decades. Now that it's Republicans, we need to re-order society?

People need to get a handle on this nonsense.
Alright buddy, you just made the list.
Response to Sympthsical (Reply #40)Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:11 PM
Star Member Stinky The Clown (62,992 posts)
41. Which vaccine did you get?
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

Response to Sympthsical (Reply #40)Sun Apr 11, 2021, 10:11 PM
Star Member Stinky The Clown (62,992 posts)
41. Which vaccine did you get?

:rotf: Did Stinker get an answer he really didn't want to hear, the a "good" Prog DU-member is a vax-resister or an out-and-out anti-vaxxer? :rotf: DU-grade Proggies want to believe that all vax-resisters and anti-vaxxers are Rs and conservatives, but Ds and Progs have plenty of both in their midst. :rotf:

ETA: Stinker posted that Sunday and got no response.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:20:52 AM by SVPete »

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Remember when;

Trump says every American can get a coronavirus vaccine by April, but health experts say that's not likely
By Maggie Fox and Nikki Carvajal, CNN

Updated 7:01 PM ET, Fri September 18, 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/health/trump-coronavirus-vaccine-april-promise-bn/index.html

I always love it when Trump is correct.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Remember when;
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/health/trump-coronavirus-vaccine-april-promise-bn/index.html

I always love it when Trump is correct.

Trump says every American can get a coronavirus vaccine by April, but health experts say that's not likely

You know, you just made me realize something I've been missing with respect to the DUmmies.  The reason they didn't like Trump was because of the simple things he did NOT do, like add 2 tiny little words to that statement above.  They would have preferred something more along the lines of this;

Trump says every American can, and WILL, get a coronavirus vaccine by April, but health experts say that's not likely

Funny how you just come to realize stuff like that ...

KC

*Stolen