Author Topic: Gay, Mentally Challenged Bi-Racial Male Cheerleader Claims Discrimination  (Read 4373 times)

Offline thundley4

Even in 2010, growing up gay isn't easy. Add in the complicating factors of being a mentally challenged, bi-racial guy who wants to wave around pom-poms in a small town, and you have a recipe for the most hellacious high school experience in Eastern Washington.

Benjamin Grundy is a student at Garfield-Palouse High School (local population: 1,100) who says the school is discriminating against his wishes to do what all the other cheerleaders are doing. Namely, dance, wave pom-poms, wear a proper uniform and not just stand like there like a statue moving his arms.

That's what Grundy and his mom say he's been reduced to since the cheerleading coach instructed him he couldn't gyrate his hips like the girls do and the athletic director allegedly suggested he be the team mascot. Since writing letters to ACLU and a local Congresswoman, Garfield has offered Grundy a uniform and pom-poms. But that's not enough, says his mom.

As you can see in the video above, Grundy's mother is what you might refer to as a Grizzly Bear. A primal necessity considering (and this can't be emphasized enough) Grundy is a mentally challenged, bi-racial gay kid growing up in a small town who wants to be a cheerleader. So excuse her when she says she wants to take her poor son's plight to Congress. She's just acting the way any Mama Bear would when her cub was born with a "torment me" sign stuck to his back.
Link with video.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Gay, Mentally Challenged Bi-Racial Male Cheerleader Claims Discrimination
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »
I'm putting on my fire suit as I type this...but the above story is a perfect example of why male children can NOT be raised without some kind of male influence in their lives.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Javelin

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
I'm putting on my fire suit as I type this...but the above story is a perfect example of why male children can NOT be raised without some kind of male influence in their lives.

No fire suit needed.  I hate it when people pull punches on challenged people, my daughter has disabilities, but I will say this.  ... Sometimes when you look at this world, some people just should have never been born.  That boy is not even a human being, hes tormented by something and who knows what it is but that is far from any kind of normalcy.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »

I'm right with you!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 07:43:29 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, there is a direct correlation between being gay and being "mentally challenged". The bi-racial thing has nothing to do with the issue.

When a high school-aged boy declares himself "gay", knowing that he doesn't know shit from Shinola much less his own so-called sexual orientation, that tells me that the boy is listening to somebody else a little too closely.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 07:56:01 AM »
No fire suit needed.  I hate it when people pull punches on challenged people, my daughter has disabilities, but I will say this.  ... Sometimes when you look at this world, some people just should have never been born.  That boy is not even a human being, hes tormented by something and who knows what it is but that is far from any kind of normalcy.
What? Of course he is a human being. He's just very disturbed and being misled by his mother. Never blame a child for what it turns into! Parents mold children into what they are. :whatever:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 08:07:12 AM »
No fire suit needed.  I hate it when people pull punches on challenged people, my daughter has disabilities, but I will say this.  ... Sometimes when you look at this world, some people just should have never been born.   That boy is not even a human being, hes tormented by something and who knows what it is but that is far from any kind of normalcy.
This sounds very similar to the rationale liberals use for abortion btw! Easy to kill something or not allow it to be born if you take it's humanity away.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
I'm still looking for the Iowahawk or Onion tagline.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline lastparker

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »
I watched the video, and I don't see any evidence of "mentally challenged", other than the fact that he wants to wear a skirt and hold pom poms.  He needs to lose a lot of weight before putting one of those skirts on.  :whatever:
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »
Leftwing PC trifecta

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
The kid is certainly well spoken for being mentally challenged.  Sounds as if the mother is using the DUmps favorite syndrome, Asperger's, to prove that one.

He gets to cheerlead without ever having to try out, but that's not enough.  The mother wants more because the kid is gay(?) and biracial which equates being more equal than others in her mind. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 05:50:58 AM »
The kid is certainly well spoken for being mentally challenged.  Sounds as if the mother is using the DUmps favorite syndrome, Asperger's, to prove that one.

He gets to cheerlead without ever having to try out, but that's not enough.  The mother wants more because the kid is gay(?) and biracial which equates being more equal than others in her mind. 

I wish Sammy Davis JR, were around to visit this young man---You know the one eyed ,black, Jew.

Life is just not that easy for anyone, never has been.  It may be possible to reclassify cheer leading as a sport-  a female sport at that. 

Don't the girls have to audition for cheer leading?  Makes me wonder who in the school system picked him for that spot over another girl, and WHY.?

Cheer leading is a rough and tumble sport, remember the woman who killed her daughters rivals mother so her daughter could get a spot on the team.?

The law suite from a young girl kicked off a team because she was not lovely enough.   

It sure surprised me to find out just how far parents will go to get their daughters on a team.   The cost of cheer leading camp in the summers is sinfull.

Some of the girls have been in dance classes from the time they were 3 years old, ballet, tap, jazz,  not to mention batton twirling and gymnastics.

It is cheaper to buy, feed and board a horse for 20 years then to get girls on a team at 14-15.

Can this young man do the flying splits, cartwheels, somersaults.?   

Just because he has his mind set on cheer leading does not mean he has the right to do so when there are more qualified people that can do the job much better.

If this young man wants to be part of a fun group, buy him a spiffy uniform and place him in the school marching band playing the Triangle.

Better benefits then cheer leading, he would still be able to go to out of town games, even out of state parides.  Learning to concentrate, follow a tempo, just the music itself would sure do much more good then shaking a pom pom.

What will cheer leading inspire him to do later in life.?

What could joining a band do for him in the future but to perhaps unlock some doors in his mind and learning to read music===there is math involved.

This boy sounds like he wants and needs attention, BUT he is not being given sound advice from his school or his Mom.

Right out of class 101 on how to destroy a child.   

Offline Duodecim

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
What the -- Yeah, he's a person!  Seriously?  I don't know why he wants to be a cheerleader, but cheerleaders are people -- even male cheerleaders.
"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant.  It's just that they know so much that isn't so." -Ronald Reagan

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:58 PM »

I thought he was extremely well spoken for mentally challenged, also.

He might have a learning disability....and be quite intelligent. I do know that, at least in Tn....kids that are ADHD are classed as learning disabled just as a Down's child is....maybe in WA, any learning disability is considered "mentally challenged".

Because he's "mentally challenged"...does that allow him to be on the cheerleading squad without trying out? My kids were in high school in the '90's, and girls on the squad at their high school, had been in gymnastics and cheerleading schools since they were little. Maybe it's different in a small school.

Watching the child and watching the mother...I think the mother has an agenda and is using the child to accomplish the agenda. Certainly getting herself and her child a bunch of attention.

If the kid's gay....I would think he'd do something with that hair....or his mother would.

As far as male children needing a male influence in the home......not necessarily. A poor parental influence - mother or father - can do more harm than an absence of that influence ever could.

There's a whole bunch of issues there....and I'm thinking the kid's just a pawn.

Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 06:16:12 AM »
 :whatever:

One of the few times I feel bad for a superintendent.   This doesn't pass the sniff test at all.